March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My store worlds will not install

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
So I've been playing the steam version of The sims 3 ever since I caught it on sale, and it's great, except for one thing: My store worlds will not install no matter what I do. The launcher says that they're installed, but when I go to select them from the drop down menu, they're not showing up.
Custom Worlds install just fine, so what's the deal?
How do I get them to install? This is so st...upid.
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have to use the Downloads Dashboard to get store content to install these days. If you haven't tried that, hopefully it will work.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have to use the Downloads Dashboard to get store content to install these days. If you haven't tried that, hopefully it will work.
    Nope. That's not working either.
    @rosemow Any ideas?
    Post edited by wolfkomoki1 on
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited August 2017
    @wolfkomoki1

I don't play through Steam, but I went looking and found this for you:

Installed content not in-game
    Sims 3 content will not install

If there's nothing in either of those that works for you... @igazor any suggestions?
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Both of those links look helpful to me, I would start with the Steam (first) one. Just switched over to a Steam install myself last month and had to re-install all of my store content for the first time ever, what a pain. But didn't have any trouble with worlds. In fact, I ended up with two of each store world installed and had to go to InstalledWorlds to delete the extras. That the reverse of the problem reported here, though.

Definitely make sure the store patch ("ContentPatch") is there as one of the threads mentioned, it's needed for some of these items on 1.67.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EerietteEeriette Posts: 34 Member
    Ok.
    just bought a new world. redeemed code and nothing comes up. waited for the load to finish but then it just stop. clicked the button again and code has already been redeemed. so i check purchases history and ive got nothing in there from the world i just bought. what happened? what do i do now?
    i did not get sims points either for purchasing. nothing came of it.
    @Eeriette - Waiting a while for things to catch up would probably be the first step. It's been an hour since you posted, not sure how long it's been since you made the purchase. But if the world refuses to show up in your Purchase History, then just like last time only EA Customer Support can assist you. Not by email, by real time chat or telephone call back, whichever is available in your area and time zone.

I'm afraid there is no one on the forums, not even the EA staff moderators, who can help with customer support or account specific issues.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yea... nothing. I'm again disappointed. Well now I have to make time to get into contact with customer support... thanks anyway. I'm going to wait till tomorrow same time. Maybe if I'm lucky I wont have to and it'll have resolved itself.

In the past I remember it being instant when I purchased anything. Now its way more inconvenient. After sims 3 i doubt i'm going to bother with another ea game.
    edited December 2017
    @Eeriette - I would try to take at least some comfort in the fact that with the Origin sale going on, EA's servers would be hit pretty hard with lots more players making such purchases all at the same time than without the sale hence maybe some element of delay is to be expected. But again, it could be as simple as someone on the Customer Support end just has to reset your account or push some other button somewhere to fix things. Tech glitches can happen on any system with as many moving parts as these have -- Steam for example can be the same way, so can banks but of course that would be a little more unusual.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!