Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will we next get a new world?

I hope we get one soon as my worlds are all built up with only 3/4 houses left :| even if it's a small world with like 10 lots is better than nothing!!
giphy_1.gif

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    It would be nice to get another free one but I'm pretty hopeful there should be an extra world in the Pets EP
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    It would be nice to get another free one but I'm pretty hopeful there should be an extra world in the Pets EP

fingers cross!! I think it would be pretty ridiculous if they didn't :/
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It is a shame that you do not have at least neighbourhood editing to add your own losts where there is space. There must be up to six livable workds in TS4 so if tbat is all filled up with your Sims there where else can your Sims live? This is a game of progression am I right?

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited August 2017
    It is a shame that you do not have at least neighbourhood editing to add your own losts where there is space. There must be up to six livable workds in TS4 so if tbat is all filled up with your Sims there where else can your Sims live? This is a game of progression am I right?

:disappointed:
    I find that it isn't an issue. The worlds in The Sims 4 are interconnected as such that one can seamlessly visit and move between them. With that there is currently a combined total of 48 lots that are either uninhabited residential properties or empty. This is more than any world in The Sims 3. This total will also continue to climb as new worlds are added.
  • Options
    I personally like the interconnection but I don't think that it makes up for how smaller the world's are, like yes combined together they may be bigger than the Sims 3 world's but the world's on their own are too small for my liking and I do not have enough lots to let my Sims live in.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited August 2017
    I personally like the interconnection but I don't think that it makes up for how smaller the world's are, like yes combined together they may be bigger than the Sims 3 world's but the world's on their own are too small for my liking and I do not have enough lots to let my Sims live in.

I think it does. It will pay off BIG time when we are a few more EP's in. We're already over 100 lots in, and there's zero slowdown for every world added. I'm guessing we'll have around 300 - 400 lots by the end of it all, and that will be more than enough.
    And there will be zero slowdown.

Even some of the bigger EA world have performance issues compared to smaller ones. When you play a small world in 3, then go back to a normal sized one, you notice the difference in performance straight away.

I do think that the worlds would feel instantly so much bigger if they opened the hoods.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I do think that the worlds would feel instantly so much bigger if they opened the hoods.

Or made the neighbourhoods bigger so it doesn't feel like your playing inside a fishbowl. More worlds with big neighbourhoods like Windenburg would be fantastic.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

I think it does. It will pay off BIG time when we are a few more EP's in. We're already over 100 lots in, and there's zero slowdown for every world added. I'm guessing we'll have around 300 - 400 lots by the end of it all, and that will be more than enough.

Even some of the bigger EA world have performance issues compared to smaller ones. When you play a small world in 3, then go back to a normal sized one, you notice the difference in performance straight away.

I would hardly say that there's been zero slowdown. I've seen a lot of complaints for how badly the city world plays for some players. Do you advertise that based on your own experience? Because that truly, is not a truthful statement across the board, and falsely promoting the idea that we will have up to 400 lots with zero impact on performance guaranteed is very naive. As with all Sims games the more stuff piled on top the slower the game eventually gets, it's the way it works.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    The next world will come with pets, I am sure. Maybe something countryside like (like Appaloosa Plains).
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member

I would hardly say that there's been zero slowdown. I've seen a lot of complaints for how badly the city world plays for some players. Do you advertise that based on your own experience? Because that truly, is not a truthful statement across the board, and falsely promoting the idea that we will have up to 400 lots with zero impact on performance guaranteed is very naive. As with all Sims games the more stuff piled on top the slower the game eventually gets, it's the way it works.

Really? I play on a toaster, set the game to low graphics and San Myshuno runs fine. I dunno. Maybe just me.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options

San myshuno lags soooo bad!! And I totally agree with what you're saying.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options

latest?cb=20151205012246
    xsunsetvalleymap.gif.pagespeed.ic.eTEuphx2Oj.jpg

Also I have slow down. And your statements are some what untrue.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PreslynnPreslynn Posts: 36 Member
    I play on an older laptop and have no slowdown? Now granted, I don't have all of the packs but other than Get To Work the ones I don't have didn't add worlds anyway. I also play only one save because I'm not technically inclined, never played Sims 3 and don't want to screw anything but so I'm desperate for new worlds. My Sims age up and die for the most part but they reproduce faster than they can die. Having homes for everyone plus actually having venues such as a bowling alley and spas for them is filling up my neighborhoods fast. I was considering a more than 8 per household mod to reduce the number of homes needed but alas, unlike 2 or 3 you cannot edit anyone but the first 8 in CAS when you have more than 8 and they always age up in crappy clothes so I couldn't deal with that. So no to that.
  • Options
    I am surprised you get gameplay slowdown??? I run my game on a toaster with lots of CC and DLC on low graphics FINE. San Myshuno runs just as well as the other worlds for me.. I mean I doubt you guys have a worse computer to play on than I do..
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Same here ^! My laptop is... well, let's say it's a great laptop for work. The graphics card is terrible. I play on medium since I'm too stubborn to set the graphics too low, but my laptop can actually still run San Myshuno fine. And let me stress again, my graphics card is FAR from the best. I can't even place lamps or windows without intense 10 second delays. No kidding. It takes hours for me to place windows. I've had nightmares about it, is how bad it is. And yet San Myshuno ain't a problem.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    I am surprised you get gameplay slowdown??? I run my game on a toaster with lots of CC and DLC on low graphics FINE. San Myshuno runs just as well as the other worlds for me.. I mean I doubt you guys have a worse computer to play on than I do..

It's hard to tell if you're being serious here. I own both a desktop and a 2015 MBP. Both play the game very differently, with the MacBook experiencing more time distortion, and simulation lag while playing in San Muyshuno. My desktop has similar issues, but they aren't necessarily worse in the city world on that machine. My desktop is more than capable of running the game on ultra settings, which means the time distortion and overall lag (usually at 8am, and when exiting a pool) is an issue in the game, not with my machine. The MBP has less processing power, and it shows when I play.

You keep saying you play on a toaster. I find it hard to believe your game runs flawlessly if my MBP and desktop (the latter is way over the recommended specs) both see time distortion, and lag. (MBP's issues are amplified in SM) I'm sure there's plenty of factors that contribute, I don't know the specifics of your game and I really don't need to. To a degree perception is also a contributor - if you don't perceive any problems they may not seem obvious, especially if someone's problem is how your game has always played it's going to seem normal. At the end of the day I did say "some players" in my original post which excludes those players who don't identify those issues in their game.
  • Options
    Maybe it is because of a new save?
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I'm not a talented builder, so I don't tend to fill my neighbourhoods, however I always love having a new backdrop to work on and explore!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »
    I'm not a talented builder, so I don't tend to fill my neighbourhoods, however I always love having a new backdrop to work on and explore!

Yeah, same for me
    Mafia Stats

• Options
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    Maybe it is because of a new save?

Very well could be. My save is 3 years old (on the desktop) so it's not necessarily surprising to see some gameplay slowdown. In addition to it being 3 years old I have created every household and played through several generations in most of them (rotationally so played households don't age without my instruction). The freezing that occurs in specific situations can be linked to the game, and time distortion is a well documented issue affecting a lot of players.

For my MBP the save is relatively new, only one household living in the city. The slowdown and time distortion aren't constant things, but they are much more frequent while playing in SM than Oasis Springs or Newcrest for example. That has everything to do with the machine, which amplifies issues the game otherwise faces in certain situations.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I hope they bring the next EP without one.

Maybe they can bring out a fuller pack then.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    deerplaysthesimsdeerplaysthesims Posts: 24 New Member
    I so hope the next world would be either another city or a town in the mountains
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I'm consistently disappointed in the worlds, for the most part, just because there have been many occasions when I've been saddened by how few lots they put in them. The world that came with the vampire pack only had four, and that wasn't the first "world" that only had four lots. I guess I took it to heart when they promised us a vast, interconnected world when the game first launched. They didn't tell us some of those "worlds" would only have four or six lots apiece.
    But it's still a good game, and I'm still enjoying it. I just hope they'll consider at least adding a greater number of empty lots per world.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Hopefully with pets. If they are cutting back the number of EPs being released due to GPs taking over, there really should be a world in every EP.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

EP Worlds only have 1 or 2 empty lots to place on though.