Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens sneaking out?

I want to use the sneak out interaction sometime in my game for my teen sim. How do I make her sneak out? I know she has to be grounded first, but what I'm asking is, do I have to click on the teen and there will be an option to sneak out? Or do I click on the ground outside after a certain time of night? How do I get the option to sneak out
This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    There isn't a seperate option to sneak out. Just click on the ground outside of your lot and teen is sneaking. They get a neutral moodlet, but if they are also breaking curfew, they'll get a positive moodlet... Until they get caught by by police and brought back home to be grounded again.
    If teen is leaving the lot and parent is nearby, teen will be stopped. If they get caught outside of their home (awkward...), they'll be grounded again. Because they aren't allowed to leave home, they can't go to school, getting them grounded again. If they do manage to go to school, the game still sees it as sneaking out.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    There isn't a seperate option to sneak out. Just click on the ground outside of your lot and teen is sneaking. They get a neutral moodlet, but if they are also breaking curfew, they'll get a positive moodlet... Until they get caught by by police and brought back home to be grounded again.
    If teen is leaving the lot and parent is nearby, teen will be stopped. If they get caught outside of their home (awkward...), they'll be grounded again. Because they aren't allowed to leave home, they can't go to school, getting them grounded again. If they do manage to go to school, the game still sees it as sneaking out.
    Another player answered this on a different thread recently. He says the answer when this happens is to have the parent take them to school.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    @EgonVM Thanks. I knew about the weird grounding glitch not letting them go to school, but I was just curious to know if you had to click the ground or the teen sim to get the option to appear. Thanks for the reply
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • Options
    Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    They may have to have the rebellious trait or if you click on the teen it may show up? I'm not exactly 100% sure
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

• Options
    Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    @Fireheart2010 thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try it out in-game since I haven't been playing that family recently :D
  • Options
    eric6a01eric6a01 Posts: 69 Member
    There is a bug, once they sneaking out, they will keep walking and running like sneaking!