Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about new Forum Dos and Don'ts - Petitions

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @Triplis
    You are not wrong, but the whole forum is about the shared experience - I will admit that petitions were part of that, as they kept popping up, and not one of the parts I enjoyed.
    I do appreciate that you acknowledge that petitions are part of the hobby of playing The Sims rather than trying to reach an end result.
    To be honest I probably should have kept my silence about petitions, because I found them annoying and avoided them like the plague. Bashing them on their way out is quite petty.
    But to address your concerns, the forum will adapt. The human reaction to a lost or broken tool is to think of something else or new to use instead. Usually something much better.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Hey folks!

We know the transition to a new moderation team and introducing a new set of rules and guidelines is going to take a bit of time to get used to. I wanted to take a moment to hop in this thread to add some clarity to this particular aspect of contention.

I understand there is some confusion regarding "petitions". We are not asking for "petitions" to no longer be a thing. We welcome and appreciate your feedback as your voice is important to the development of the game.

Rather than labeling your posts as "petitions" we want to focus on "feedback" as the word "petition" can have a negative connotation to it rather than a constructive one.

Now this is a question: Would you feel better if we allowed for the inclusion of "polls", specifically within the feedback and ideas sections? This could help you keep track of those interested in what you're proposing while also giving those a voice who aren't.

Polls are very popular, I had one a while ago called Open Workd against Closed world. It was just a bit of fun but got some good feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Petitions are kind of wimpy.

Why petition for Pets or Seasons when we can simply just demand them?

I am not going to negotiate for Pets, we are getting them and that is final - there is no petition or discussion - we are getting Pets.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Hey folks!

We know the transition to a new moderation team and introducing a new set of rules and guidelines is going to take a bit of time to get used to. I wanted to take a moment to hop in this thread to add some clarity to this particular aspect of contention.

I understand there is some confusion regarding "petitions". We are not asking for "petitions" to no longer be a thing. We welcome and appreciate your feedback as your voice is important to the development of the game.

Rather than labeling your posts as "petitions" we want to focus on "feedback" as the word "petition" can have a negative connotation to it rather than a constructive one.

Now this is a question: Would you feel better if we allowed for the inclusion of "polls", specifically within the feedback and ideas sections? This could help you keep track of those interested in what you're proposing while also giving those a voice who aren't.

Polls are cool to me.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Polls might be fun :)
  • Options
    ViniLaranjViniLaranj Posts: 10 New Member
    I think they prohibited the petitions because they were giving a lot of work to the developers, each request was a content for them to elaborate XD
    In my opinion they are very useful, for developers to know in a single topic what we want. Instead of forbidding they could officialize them, setting rules for how to do them and what kinds of comments are appropriate.
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'm more likely to vote on a poll than comment or sign a formal petition. It's also interesting to see how much of the vote is for/against the issue, or which of the ideas is the most popular.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited August 2017
    hihi122122 wrote: »
    I'm more likely to vote on a poll than comment or sign a formal petition. It's also interesting to see how much of the vote is for/against the issue, or which of the ideas is the most popular.

I agree. I started a poll not so long ago which was for or against an Open World. The Open World was far ahead in this poll although moving it to the TS3 GD probably helped that! :smiley:

Edit: I just realised that I just repeated myself :blush:
    Post edited by king_of_simcity7 on
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @SimGuruDrake I'm still wanting for an answer about Special Needs talk on here (Ie having special needs in the game).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Polls would be a very useful feature!
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake I'm still wanting for an answer about Special Needs talk on here (Ie having special needs in the game).

Maybe the answer is simple. Or complex. I don't like the idea of games being like real life. Not everybody wants that in their game. I played with codes. I am not good at it. But there a few things I have learned. It not magic. Code a lone don't make the game. Their is animation, codes, making sure everything works, and graphic design.