Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC not showing up? (Potential new theory/solution?)

Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
Hi everyone! I've personally never had any issues with CC not showing up, but I know there are tons of other people who do - and often, it's seemingly for no reason. I heard a new theory about this recently that I wanted to run by everyone - I recently saw someone claim that their game would not read any CC files if they were named anything after "R." Specifically, any files that would alphabetically be after "resources.cfg" will not show up in their game.

If it's the game getting to the resources.cfg file and stopping, or if it's starting there and reading up, who knows - I don't even know what kind of order, if any, the game loads CC in - but this user claims that renaming files to something higher in the alphabet restores them so that they are showing up in the game again.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I've certainly seen stranger in my years with these games. A friend and I both tested this, and if there is any merit behind it, it is not applicable to either of us. I renamed a bunch of my regularly used CC to start with "z" and it still all shows up in my game.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever heard of such a thing, or if anyone who can't get their content to show up, do any of the files fall after "r," and does renaming them do anything? It seems a bit far-fetched, but again, nothing would surprise me at this point. :#
Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070

Comments