Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas to do with Spooky Stuff

I have all of content released for TS4. All expansions, Game Packs, Stuff Packs, even the digital deluxe upgrade.
But my least favourite out all of them is Spooky Stuff. I feel like it's only appropiate around Halloween.
Do you have any ideas what I can do so that it doesn't feel wasted?

Comments

• Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Make a haunted mansion with a ghost or vampire?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Have some pirates move in next door? Make a zombie girlfriend? Have an affair with Xena Warrior Princess? I know my Bob and Betty newbie wear costumes to bed... see that as you will...
    To me it's a halloween pack but mostly I have used it to help make a variety of clowns because of the costumes available. Then for costume parties in general. Otherwise I'd probably only use it at Halloween of for that on family on the block that doesn't take the decorations down for months on end.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Have costumes parties and use the costumes.

Make a haunted house or a haunted or witch looking house using the items. The witch house can be a retail store that sells potions and stuff.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Make a haunted house or a haunted or witch looking house using the items. The witch house can be a retail store that sells potions and stuff.

Ooh that's a cute idea!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

That is a very good idea! Thank you so much, I'll definitely use that. The potions will be the brewings from outdoor retreat :smiley:
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    I use it a lot in my builds. It's a must have for me :D
    This is my witch store (you can't set for sale the potions from Outdoor retreat tho :/ )
    35526696293_b4fd45c769_b.jpg
    36166456362_c6e831d283_b.jpg
    And a witch house
    32914992136_90abb68f8e_b.jpg
    32141102783_f9d748590d_b.jpg
    32574930380_ca15deaf3d_b.jpg
  • Options
    @Mo0nLight321 That's a very nice build! I get much inspiration from it. I didn't know you couldn't set the OR potions for sale, well then I'm gonna have my scientist brew a lot :lol:
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Toreshinbo

I am not a great creator/builder so I try and incorporate builds by our wonderful player creator/community to make use of the packs I otherwise would not use. My sims love this spooky restaurant and although I have plenty of other restaurants in my hoods my sims seem to want to go to this one all the time :)

Battivy21 spooky restaurant..

6DQMdsN.jpg

EmXNM82.jpg

@Mo0nLight321

I love your witch store great idea :)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Since they recently fixed medicine so that you can sell it in a retail store I am hoping that they will update the herbalism-potions as well. Would love to have a PTin which a ghost is selling spooky stuff and potions.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    I have all of content released for TS4. All expansions, Game Packs, Stuff Packs, even the digital deluxe upgrade.
    But my least favourite out all of them is Spooky Stuff. I feel like it's only appropiate around Halloween.

use them in a kid or teen's bedroom. Teens esp. love goth stuff.
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 That is so awesome. How didn't I think of that?! :lol:

@liliaeth I recently thought about this and so I will. :smile: I'm planning to make my family's daughter a teen goth. She's a toddler currently so that'll take a while. :lol: Thanks for the idea!

Keep the ideas coming folks! Really awesome to see there's so many inspiration for a Stuff Pack so that it doesn't feel like wasted. :blush:
    Also great for other people to take inspiration as well. :smile:
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I think I settled on it being wasted.

I can't remember ever using any of it - at all.

I also have all content.

Spooky Stuff does kind of appeal to children and teens but EA crippled the party system to not specifically applying to them. Try throwing a party and easily just inviting teens - it is abysmal.
  • Options
    Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    I was also having this kind of problem, as it wasn't much use to me except for at parties. But, I have found it really fun in one of my save to have some ghosts live in a haunted house and go around scaring people. Yet, that is pretty specific so I really liked the idea of a spooky restaurant as well
  • Options
    @Toreshinbo

I cannot even claim it was my good idea either lol I saw the lot on a thread showcase and thought what a great way to have usable spooky stuff working in my game :)

@Pema22

I love your idea very creative do you have any pics to share :)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I use some of the costumes for my vampires' dark forms.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT

Also a very good idea :)
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    If you're okay with mods; get the Autumn Mod and make it seem like it's "Fall" and time for Halloween in your game and then you can throw Halloween Parties, or make haunted houses, like others mentioned. I know we can't trick or treat, but if you like family play, you could host costume parties, for your teenagers, or even the adults to have some fun with friends while the kids are out bowling or something. :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Yes use it in conjuction with the Vampire's GP. There are a lot of build,buy and décor items in both packs that are similar.
  • Options
    @OneAdorkableGirl

Another great idea and although I am not opposed to using mods/CC I usually wait until a series ends so not to have to worry about patches/updates however I have seen so my challenges I want more control of in 4 I have gone looking for mods to help and most appear either recently unsupported or have application difficulties the type I have not noticed in sims series before so I am not sure if it's a quirk with the 4 series or something deeper.

@catloverplayer

That's why I love to see the style of buildings creators make with these sorts of packs :)
  • Options
    stelliestellie Posts: 30 Member
    @Mo0nLight321 That is an awesome build! <3
  • Options
    Hi @stellie

It's a build I use in game and was created by Battivy21 and called spooky restaurant.. :)
  • Options
    stelliestellie Posts: 30 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Oh! Sorry. Thank you so much for telling me! <3
  • Options
    @stellie

No worries i just wanted to be sure to credit the correct creator of the lot :)
  • Options
    Amber0922Amber0922 Posts: 73 Member
    Whenever I age up a toddler, I always do a themed birthday party. I've done quite a few Halloween themed birthdays.