Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

β™₯ Supernatural Island... β€‹πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ πŸ§šπŸ§ β€‹πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈβ€‹ πŸΊπŸ§›πŸ§œβ€β™€οΈ=]

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

OMG what a lovely surprise to get up this morning and find a download link for your world :)

I am frustrated as I have people visiting today so I have installed the world and had a quick look it's awesome I adore the layout.. I have used a fairy couple and moved them into one of the cute houses in the fairy area which is gorgeous and totally in-keeping with fairy supernaturals.

As you said you were playing with the ini files I thought I would start by taking some pics of areas different times of the day.. The one below is 8am fairy area and I will be back later to post more pics when my visitors have left..

VwPJ2wO.jpg

This is my fairy couple moving into their cute home also 8am

ojEmhkE.jpg

I simply cannot wait to play in this world I can see a long late night ahead :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thanks~ @SPARKY1922 ~ It does look interesting! :mrgreen:

Yes, I have the Color ramps from 3 different EA worlds but the ini files from Bridgeport with edits- like longer days (which the fae will get a little sad while waiting for the moon), the longer time to change weather patterns (21 hours instead of the base 8), plus I did edit some of bloom for each. I think I made it less in most cases, probably not for the full moon. :)
    @Rflong7

My visitors have gone and I am back for the night so is there anything you would like me to check in the world at all for you let me know, and did you need different time pics re the weather ( I thought you were testing that? (could have got that wrong-) as if not I am going to take pics as I go and come back and post them :)
    Thanks! @SPARKY1922
    I am checking the weather but only if it's too weird or out of sync with the world- such as too many sunny days or too many green sky days. If it seems fine- not too dark, too bright, too much bloom- things like that. If you like it and want to share then that's great also. :mrgreen:

I don't know. If you get any stuttering- and have mods in- can you check for it? I don't use any of the game mods when building or testing just to make sure it will play without them. :)
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Hi haven't seen many problems, just little stuff like needing more transporters or subways, some of the manual sidewalks are too long for vampires to be out in the sun, the alchemy shop is missing a few floor tiles and no way to get to one of the under ground buildings. I took a couple pictures of a reddish pink sunset with a pale blue sky, pretty cool :)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
    Awesome~ Good points! @ LuvtehGeeks

I did design the alchemy shop that way... kinda like a rundown place they're working on up-doing. Second floor has some hazards. :)

There is teleporters from the Vampire town to the Pirate Town to the Werewolf club (in the middle of the woods). :) I might have not named them all yet. :(
    The one place I saw that had a long run was from the hermit house on the beach to the science building, that was most of a 2 hour run if I counted right lol I forget how to post pics, need to look that up :D
    @Rflong7

I have a ton of mods and CC I have only been playing since 6.45pm and no problems to report as yet but I will let you know if I experience any as I go. I take note on what @LuvtehGeeks says re vampires and and the alchemy store although I always cheat so my vampires would not have any problems being in the sun too long-)

I just cannot stop taking pics as I look around I am afraid Moonlight Falls will become my second favourite to this world as it is stunning and so atmospheric which is everything I ever wanted when playing supernaturals :)

more pics (sorry-)

Wi096PX.jpg

Did you build this? I love it!

lFGOxvz.jpg
    Thanks! @SPARKY1922 :mrgreen:

You both have a great point... I should probably leave the sunrise/sunset the way it was Because of the Vampires, Werewolves, and Fairies. They're pretty much need the moon/darkness. I was thinking about a Regular Sims perspective and not for my Supernaturals. Wonderful point. :)
    @Rflong7

I worry if you change too much weather wise though that the beautiful atmospheric weather look/feeling will go and so far I love it because it fits so perfectly in your world so please don't change it too much :'( . I had not realised either that in some areas sims travel via the telephone box instead of roads (probably called something else-) I love this idea and the way you have built those little station style builds around the boxes. This gives a feel of 2 types of ways to travel with roads in some of the other areas and not in others. Really well done because you have given players choices-) I remember the first time I tried to play Dragon Valley which is a beautiful world but it bugged me because obviously roads/cars do not really match the feel of the world and now I can have either/or and because I use Nrass mods I can get rid of the ice cream van and the like which will also add to the correct feel of your world.

One little question I have been looking for the Town hall and cannot find one is it called something else or do I need to add one?

another pic I like the way you have designed the Dive bar on different levels. I have so many ideas of what I want to play in your world (after I go on the hunt for further appropriate builds to match the style-)

jN2erVa.jpg
    :mrgreen:
    It shouldn't change the atmosphere of the weather, just the length of daylight.

I want to add the a travel box in at least all of the major areas. I don't remember if I added one in the Fae area but I hope I did. XD

I believe the Town hall is in the Simbot part of town, that big island with the gleaming white buildings. :)
    At least I hope I put one there.

It's where the Movie Studio is located.
    My Sim did "Pop" in and out of that island area- which I actually liked- unless she lived near the water.

Now, I can't remember but do Witches need roads to travel on their brooms? I can't remember. :(
    @Rflong7

oh good re the weather lol and yes you did add a travel box to the Fae area that's how I realised how my fairy sims were going to travel when watching them after sending them to another area on the map :)

Okay will check again re the Town Hall-) I forgot about the simbot area I am like a kid in a candy store trying to look at everything all at once :)

Yes I only know witches/supernaturals need roads to use brooms after reading about a totally road free world some time ago where they only used horses but what you have done is provided choices so our sims can live in a roadless area or not which in my humble opinion adds to the character of the world and a choice as a player I have never had before which I am personally very grateful for.. :)

Finally I managed to be able to use the store bought Graveyard with Grim's door in the vampire area of the map and now I just need to find a 64x64 vampire castle for next door :)

cgtK3IO.jpg
    @Rflong7
    I went to the simbot centre and found the following

there are 2 different looking icons but both state Hospital science centre when clicked on?
    Mercury stellar Observatory
    Plumbob Pictures Backlot
    Future Park
    Modern Bot Arena

so there is no town hall lot there so I will go look for a suitable town hall lot from another world which is no bother but just so players who have downloaded know :)
    edited September 2017
    Thanks, @SPARKY1922 That's great to know. :blush:
    Grim's place looks Great there. :D

... I was playing and noticed I editing the bloom on the ini files the wrong way. It has a little More bloom than I wanted. :oops: :cookie:
    The Dive lot is also missing any treasure chests. :lesigh:

**When you get pictures up, I'd love to see what you do. @LuvtehGeeks :cookie:
    @Rflong7

well I am sure the missing chests in the Dive lots could be added however if you have changed the ini files do I need to redownload the world?
    @SPARKY1922 No, it's okay. I haven't messed with them again and this is mostly build/test. :)
    @Rflong7

No worries I will continue playing tonight then thanks :)
    Hi, I haven't figured out how to upload pics on win 10 yet >..< but I did DL a few mods to help populate and push sims around so I can check that stuttering you mentioned :)
    Lol she just got the tragic clown buff from using the llama and I meant to ask are you going to add the food truck parking spaces from late night for people that use Traffic? Cant wait ti be able to post pictures!
    Couple unroutables on port V041 stomping around, absolutely nothing in their way unless its from ITF, don't have that yet
    edited September 2017
    [img][/img]NICDQHn.jpg
    Post edited by LuvtehGeeks on
    Hi @LuvtehGeeks

Your pic is not showing up when following the link? I have had terrible problems on and off uploading pics but right now using Imgur I have been able to post okay (as above) 10 for me at first was a nightmare to upload pics and sometimes pics were showing up in bmp format which most uploaders don't like at all so if 10 does that I change the format to jpeg either by paint or lately with Xnview which another player told me about.

https://www.xnview.com/en/

Before doing any of the above check what format you are taking your pics in right now for me pics in sims 3 are in jpeg. Right click on your pic and you will see the following info panel come up and you will see type of file comes up which shows mine is jpeg.

wMItHrh.jpg

To get your Imgur link to post the actual pic in threads instead of a link to a pic elsewhere you need to copy the BBC code (Forums) link from the share options in Imgur once your pic has uploaded. I cannot post you the actual pic so will have to describe how to do it first then I can post a pic of the share link box so you can see which one you need to copy.

looking back to the pic above once the pic has uploaded in imgur you need to hover your mouse to the top right of the picture and you will see a line of code and the word copy that's not the one you want. Click your cursor to the side of copy and another box opens that states.

edit image
    get share links
    download image
    delete image (in red)

click get share links and the following box comes up copy/click BBC code (Forums) and paste on the thread you can then preview your message and pic on the thread to make sure it's showing up. I hope that helps and am looking forward to seeing your pics of this wonderful world :) I am also pleased to know there is no stuttering in the world as although I have been more concentrating on adding lots rather than sims snapping pics as I go I was of course hoping for no lag :)

3mmHwpL.jpg
    edited September 2017
    Morning Sparky, I may not have time to work on that much until monday, my grandkids will be here for the weekend soon o:) The world does have some stuttering and I took a few pictures of the spots I'm finding, all in all this world is going to be the bomb once the few little kinks are worked out, Thanks for the picture help I have around a dozen, even the tragic clown outfit lol :D Just checked and the pics are jpg files
    @LuvtehGeeks

Enjoy your weekend with your kiddos :) I hope you don't think I was being over the top describing the how to do above as I know sometimes when players have advised me how to do something because they know what they were doing so well little instructions can be left out sometimes and then it's back to guessing again-) I wonder what's causing the stuttering then? I have also been extremely busy these last few days and have been really frustrated as I really want to get some time under my belt in this world to explore much more :)
    edited September 2017
    I appreciate you trying to help, I just wasted that link though lol. I want to get some time in too, I haven't played sims for a couple years then I saw this world in the making and broke out the discs ;P Thank you!! Finally got 1 posted :o
    Post edited by LuvtehGeeks on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top