Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruDuke Talks Sims 4 Console 7-29-17

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Just saw this on twitter

http://simscommunity.info/2017/07/29/the-sims-4-console-michael-duke-talks-about-performance-controls-and-more/

Michael Duke (now known as SimGuruDuke on Twitter) who works as a producer on The Sims 4 for Xbox One and PS4 has answered some of the comment questions written on the PS4 Blog. Check out what he has to say about performance, controls, graphics and more:
Question: Will it be multiplayer? Even if it’s 2-player on free play mode I would be content!
Michael: The Sims 4 is single player.

Question: How will this work with all of the expansion and stuff packs that are currently on PC? Will they be up for download at the same price at some point?
Michael: We are still working through what packs to bring over when. We should have more news in the future. I would love to hear from players about what they want to see first.

Question: Personally id prefer something like say Ni-Oh, where we have the option to pick between resolution or performance. Also it sounds like we can expect stuff and expansion packs on consoles now?
Michael: The Ni-Oh suggestion is a great idea, thx! As for DLC, our plan is to port the content over, but I don’t have details on the what and when just yet. We are working on it.

Question: Wonder how the loading times are for Sims on console…
Michael: It is a priority for me as well. In the end you guys are the judge. I will be curious to hear what folks think after getting hands on at Gamescom next month.

Question: Will the console port have direct control like sims 2 on the ps2 had, or just point and click?
Michael: We debated direct control. In the end, we felt the point and click version did a better job of enabling the gameplay that makes the Sims 4 great.

Question: There is only ONE thing that would make me consider getting/buying a SIMs game.. and thats if they were online “open world” i.e I have my Sims in my house..
Michael: The Sims 4 on Console is not open world. That said, you may enjoy our newest mobile game once it launches.

Question: Will the game have the same control and interface of PC version? Will the game run at a stable framerate?
Michael: We have not finalized controls yet, still iterating. We are hard at work on performance to achieve our goal of making the best Sims Console game ever. As for Graphics, is is too soon for me to guarantee something, but we have a lot of ambition on that front.

Comments

• Options
    So point and click made it over direct control. Glad of that.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Awww direct control would have been identical enough to Dreamfall.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Ummm SimGuruDrake's name is Amanda and she's a female. XD
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

And SimGuruDuke's name is Michael and he's clearly a dude. XD
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »

I said SimGuruDuke it's in the title.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    OMG I read it as Drake. I'm leaving my comment up because it's too funny. XD
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I really wanna know when we are going to see some game play, especially if there a no photos and video rule at gamescom. I still hope that isnt the case and people will snap some images and record some gameplay on their phones.
  • Options
    I really wanna know when we are going to see some game play, especially if there a no photos and video rule at gamescom. I still hope that isnt the case and people will snap some images and record some gameplay on their phones.

We might see a gameplay trailer this week.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

We might see a gameplay trailer this week.

I hope so, or even next week as its gamescom. Im assuming the sims 4 wont be announcing anything new on stage like they did with get together a few years back. I dont even think any of the youtubers or fan sites that usually go to these events are going. I havnt seen anyone on twitter or here or youtube talking about going.
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Kinda wish we had direct control like in TS2 just because I fear moving a cursor with a controller will be difficult. I am interested to see how they do this in the trailer mind :smile:
  • Options
    antonio26298antonio26298 Posts: 32 Member
    > @BethanyShone said:
    > Kinda wish we had direct control like in TS2 just because I fear moving a cursor with a controller will be difficult. I am interested to see how they do this in the trailer mind :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Im sorry but that is an absolute joke. Whats the point of even being there then if people cant take shots of it for the majority of us that cant go to the event? If anything this is really concerning & i may cancel my pre order, im getting so fed up with how everything sims 4 related has to be kept so secret. Whats next, are they going to ell people who attend they cant talk about it once they leave?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm surprised anyone has pre ordered when we haven't seen any game play footage, the only thing we know is that it comes with a Stuff pack if you pre order and you get early access if you do. We may get a handful of DLC.

No photos at Gamescom is a bad decision.
  • Options
    I'm surprised anyone has pre ordered when we haven't seen any game play footage, the only thing we know is that it comes with a Stuff pack if you pre order and you get early access if you do. We may get a handful of DLC.

Well ive cancelled mine now. I find it very strange they wont let anyone see pics or anything. Gives me a bad vibe.
  • Options
    Im sorry but that is an absolute joke. Whats the point of even being there then if people cant take shots of it for the majority of us that cant go to the event? If anything this is really concerning & i may cancel my pre order, im getting so fed up with how everything sims 4 related has to be kept so secret. Whats next, are they going to ell people who attend they cant talk about it once they leave?

More likely they will cause unfortuanly it seems to be embargoed.
  • Options

That's why I was hoping to see a trailer this week.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited August 2017

Well ive cancelled mine now. I find it very strange they wont let anyone see pics or anything. Gives me a bad vibe.

I don't blame you. They have a good platform to show the game off and for whatever reason they are blocking information from fans at this moment. I'm sure they have their reasons but I can't understand it. The announcement didn't show console footage but pc footage and while we are only in August, November isn't that far off.
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I don't understand why they wont allow people to show the game off at Gamescom, surely having vloggers promote the game would benifit them? It seems odd to me that the game will be out in a few months and we've seen NOTHING from it, where's the hype? :confounded:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I don't understand why they wont allow people to show the game off at Gamescom, surely having vloggers promote the game would benifit them? It seems odd to me that the game will be out in a few months and we've seen NOTHING from it, where's the hype? :confounded:

This is one of the reasons ive cancelled my pre order, i didnt really think it through when i pre ordered i just kind of got hyped up. We havnt seen any gameplay at all an like you say it comes out in a few months which to me having it kept so secret at gamescom puts me off a little bit. Surely they would want to show it off. Apparently not.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

You never know the reason a company chose to do what they do.

Subscribers to EA Access on Xbox One can play The Sims 4 free from Nov. 9 to Nov. 17. Their progress will carry over to the main game should they choose to purchase the full title.
    A lot of time its contracts that they have to comply with. like maybe all have to show the game the same day maybe. Might be Compliance with Contractual Obligations. So it's more likely just business.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    antonio26298antonio26298 Posts: 32 Member
    Well, the game will be playable at gamescom in 4 days, users that come to gamescom can play the game so... I hope they post their impressions and a lot of DETAILS. Somebody know a Simmer that is assisting to gamescom? I'm concerned about the game too.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Well, the game will be playable at gamescom in 4 days, users that come to gamescom can play the game so... I hope they post their impressions and a lot of DETAILS. Somebody know a Simmer that is assisting to gamescom? I'm concerned about the game too.

I have asked around and from what i can gather none of the fan sites are going and by the looks of it neither are any of the youtubers. I dont actually think TS4 will even be on the stage this year. I think its just letting people play the mobile game/console game and toddlers stuff i think. I could be wrong but im pretty sure thats all. It all feels very hush hush this time around.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    And don’t miss an exciting opportunity to get your hands on The Sims 4 for Xbox One in advance of launch this August 22 – 26 at gamescom in Cologne, Germany.
    The Sims 4 console will be hands on for the first time on the show floor in the Family & Friends Zone in Hall 10.2 from August 22, 2017 – August 26, 2017.
    UPDATE: The Sims 4 Toddler Stuff is confirmed playable at Gamescom 2017.
    Electronic Arts is once again attending the annual Gamescom Expo in Cologne, Germany, giving players a chance to check out upcoming games first hand. EA will host their press conference on Monday, August 21st at 9:30am PDT/ 12:30pm ET/ 5:30 pm BST.

During public access dates (August 22nd to 26th) players and media with access to EA’s Business Lounge and Friends and Family Zone on the show floor, will be able to check out The Sims 4 on Console first hand. It has also been stated video and photo capture of the game will not be allowed. No word yet if those who get a first look will be able to share their written experience though.
    It is also very likely that The Sims Mobile will make an appearance at the show seeing as it was a part of the Maxis/Sims 4 Booth at EA Play. The Sims Mobile was announced on May 9th, and also soft launched in Brazil, but there has been zero information since. Perhaps EA will share some additional information during their Gamescom conference
    simsvip.com/2017/08/11/expect-electronic-arts-gamescom-2017/
    Do this help?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »
    And don’t miss an exciting opportunity to get your hands on The Sims 4 for Xbox One in advance of launch this August 22 – 26 at gamescom in Cologne, Germany.
    The Sims 4 console will be hands on for the first time on the show floor in the Family & Friends Zone in Hall 10.2 from August 22, 2017 – August 26, 2017.
    UPDATE: The Sims 4 Toddler Stuff is confirmed playable at Gamescom 2017.
    Electronic Arts is once again attending the annual Gamescom Expo in Cologne, Germany, giving players a chance to check out upcoming games first hand. EA will host their press conference on Monday, August 21st at 9:30am PDT/ 12:30pm ET/ 5:30 pm BST.

During public access dates (August 22nd to 26th) players and media with access to EA’s Business Lounge and Friends and Family Zone on the show floor, will be able to check out The Sims 4 on Console first hand. It has also been stated video and photo capture of the game will not be allowed. No word yet if those who get a first look will be able to share their written experience though.
    It is also very likely that The Sims Mobile will make an appearance at the show seeing as it was a part of the Maxis/Sims 4 Booth at EA Play. The Sims Mobile was announced on May 9th, and also soft launched in Brazil, but there has been zero information since. Perhaps EA will share some additional information during their Gamescom conference
    simsvip.com/2017/08/11/expect-electronic-arts-gamescom-2017/
    Do this help?

It does, thank you. Nice to see what they have planned. Guess there wont be a Pets announcement then.

Edit:

Doesn't confirm anything but its an interesting tweet.

Post edited by Simsfan99111 on