Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Buy a Pack With Hotels...

That are built like CL apartments and you can't build anywhere else, or have to use the shells, exactly like apartments, where you can't alter anything but the room? Example: wouldn't be able to build motels, but just alter the rooms inside and not the hallways etc. or outside etc.?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I seriously hope they don't do that. Sims 2 had the best approach to apartments (and by extension, hotels), but then, the EP that introduced it is dedicated to the concept.

I'd probably buy the pack because I like vacation-themed ones, but I wouldn't buy it for the hotels in themselves.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't want that, but then again my sims rarely live in City Living Apartments as it is. I'm so afraid they will do this with dorms by the way..

Would I buy it? Truthfully probably. I like to have stuff and game play that comes in packs even if I don't play with every element of it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Maybe. It would depend on what else was in the pack. I want them to remake the Sims1 vacation ep. Exactly the same thing, just new graphics. I liked the way the hotels were and the fun stuff my sims could do.

The sad thing is, we are so desperate for a new place to send our sims on vacation I think we would take what ever they gave us. Oh we might complain, but it would still sell.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I would be pretty choked not to be able to build my own hotel or resort. I think it would be a deal breaker for me
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Hmm...I have been to hotels that are just high-rises, so I can see them recycling some of the CL bits and just put additional floors for pools and other amenities. But I don't think they should just limit it to that. They've been able to make fully working hotel systems before. Why not now? You'll need a receptionist and room service AI. Maybe a chef to make room service orders. And a booking system for rooms.

I'm still hoping a vacation-style EP with hotels will come out great. Despite Sims 4's mediocre track record.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    It's a no from me.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Not really. Hotels in general don't interest me in the Sims.

And the style of apartments in the Sims 4 is really bad in my opinion. Just limitations upon limitations.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I would need a lot of content from that pack that I would actually use when they remove building like with City Living that removes a lot of my game play. City Living is my most hated expansion I have ever purchased really do not want to see locked unable to edit content again.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Maybe. I'd rather have a rental door that I could put on any contiguous space tho. City Living has just flat bummed me out.

Maybe if I had an architectural styles/design pack I could find some mojo.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    I think I'm done buying anything more for Sims 4.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited July 2017
    tenor.gif

Its already limited enough with CL. I would not like a repeat.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes, but not like you describe, and I don't want hotels like we had in S3 with some big unusable tower. I want to build my own hotel and motels, even the Bates Motel that's haunted. If placing a bar object makes a lot a bar (plus a few more items) then, placing a reception desk should make it a hotel/motel (with a few more items). In my gallery (#dannydanbo) I have built a few hotels that are listed as a restaurant, but sims can sleep in a room or swim in the pool or have a drink in the bar. There would need to be "dorm room" doors so a sim(s) could claim a room, but everything else should be up to the builder to decide what is available in that hotel. Some hotels could be high end lux and some could be flea bags with rats and other problems.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Yes, but not like you describe, and I don't want hotels like we had in S3 with some big unusable tower. I want to build my own hotel and motels, even the Bates Motel that's haunted. If placing a bar object makes a lot a bar (plus a few more items) then, placing a reception desk should make it a hotel/motel (with a few more items). In my gallery (#dannydanbo) I have built a few hotels that are listed as a restaurant, but sims can sleep in a room or swim in the pool or have a drink in the bar. There would need to be "dorm room" doors so a sim(s) could claim a room, but everything else should be up to the builder to decide what is available in that hotel. Some hotels could be high end lux and some could be flea bags with rats and other problems.

Well, let's think about it. Unless they want to make elevators accessible to anything a player can build (and right now they are not) then hotel building anywhere, on any lot or any how/way, is sort of out the window at the moment due to elevator limitations.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    Why....
  • Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    Maybe ...
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Well, let's think about it. Unless they want to make elevators accessible to anything a player can build (and right now they are not) then hotel building anywhere, on any lot or any how/way, is sort of out the window at the moment due to elevator limitations.

You don't need an elevator in order to have a hotel. There are also motels and Bed & Breakfasts.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

You don't need an elevator in order to have a hotel. There are also motels and Bed & Breakfasts.
    You can say "you don't need" for a lot of things does not mean it would not be fun to have and improve on a lot of builds.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I did use the specific wording of hotel which is an enclosed building and since so many really do like modern style it would need an elevator and not just stairs...maybe we get an escaltor instead. :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    That are built like CL apartments and you can't build anywhere else, or have to use the shells, exactly like apartments, where you can't alter anything but the room? Example: wouldn't be able to build motels, but just alter the rooms inside and not the hallways etc. or outside etc.?

Yes but I'd rather be able to place hotels wherever I want. Imagine a hotel in Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I don't think it would impossible for them to make working elevators for hotels. I know they didn't bother in city living, but that does not mean they couldn't add them in later. Maybe it's unlikely, but I'm just saying I wouldn't look at that as a barrier, necessarily.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The apartments in CL were actually kind of awful, so I personally would never spend a dime on anything resembling them or built in such a way. I don't expect the world out of Sims 4, but I do expect the content they come out with to be reasonably fleshed out - removing the entire building component from apartments and limiting them to one world was a monumental failure with regards to what players were actually asking for.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I don't think it would impossible for them to make working elevators for hotels. I know they didn't bother in city living, but that does not mean they couldn't add them in later. Maybe it's unlikely, but I'm just saying I wouldn't look at that as a barrier, necessarily.
    Grant did say they might update the elevators later in one of the City Living Livestreams.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

You can say "you don't need" for a lot of things does not mean it would not be fun to have and improve on a lot of builds.

Yes, it would be great fun to have working elevators in S4. And, I believe it can be done fairly simply. It's just a matter of WILL they make them. Because lots are limited to "X" number of visiting sims to any community/commercial lot, you don't need skyscraper hotels, the vast majority of the rooms would never be used. So, with this in mind, a hotel building with a max of four floors up and two floors down (as we have for any other building), would be more than enough, sizewise, to make fun hotels. All we need would be a room door and a reception desk for checking in or out and ordering room service. The elevator would be nice, but not absolutely needed.
  • Options
    6domino66domino6 Posts: 55 Member
    Not the way you described it, no. But I would love to build my own hotel in Sims 4.