Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cast an actor as that sim!

Comments

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Avatarit Oooh good picks! Love Jude Law!
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    For Michael Bachelor - Justin Bieber
    For Simis - Clive Owen
    Jocasta and Bella are challenging to find
    edited August 2017
    Perhaps Megan Fox for Bella?

Edit - Or maybe Olivia Munn that was mentioned could be Bella? (she will be auditioning for a few parts :lol: )

@KaikoMikkusu great choices!

Edit2: Or Jennifer Connelly for Bella?? (I'm just thinking about the green eyes and dark hair, but Bella's facial features are also very unique)
    Post edited by Avatarit on
    f34f539f6ce9a421a1f09161ffe8268c--liam-neeson-movies-long-hair-styles.jpg

Gunther Goth?
    edited August 2017
    There is an actor named Gerald McRaney, who played in an old tv show "Major Dad" - I think he could be a good Jack Bunch
    MV5BMTIxMDY4NjQzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTQ1ODgz._V1_.jpg

for Thornton I didn't see if it has been said before but I suggest..
    Jerry O'Connell!

MV5BMTYwNTI3MjcyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzIyMTA3Mw@@._V1_.jpg

and I really want to cast Rose Byrne for something, so she can be Morgana maybe...
    edited August 2017
    Sorry for the multiple comments but I just don't like to post many pics in one post

Kirsten Dunst for Agnes Crumplebottom
    220px-Kirsten_Dunst_Cannes_2016.jpg

Laura Prepon as Lisa Bunch (only with blond hair)
    http://i.imgur.com/dX0ujnd.png

Kirsten Dunst could also play Lisa Bunch I think, she is versatile as an actress
    @KaikoMikkusu Based on the fact that they're named Zelda and Iliana and look at least a little bit not Asian, I would think there is some flexibility in their actor.

I mean, the resemblance is there even if Julia Stiles isn't asian.
    @KaikoMikkusu Hence why my main point was that neither looks fully Asian. :wink:

Either way, the resemblance is there between Stiles and Zelda, so I see no issue with her playing Zelda in a fictious movie. :tongue:
  • therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    @KaikoMikkusu If asian is an issue here Julia Stiles could compete for the role of Zelda Mae with Soo Joo Park

Screenshot-95.jpg

b24f6cebcfdbf83cdcd7076bd6de1278.jpg

7be0b5c580a830497194002f1f2235af.jpg

4f2cc9e8d862326a3bbaef6cd3b2a450.jpg

I do still think Ming Na Wen is a more fitting for Iliana Langerak then Arden Cho as you suggested ;) (I mean the eyes!)
    As for Iliana Langerak I would pick Ming Na Wen:

Screenshot-539.jpg

4f75aeb789647c5c7d397a6d53c77382.jpg

latest?cb=20150329181220
    Arden Cho as Iliana Mae\Langerak
    fd5ae83581f23e210cf008223e836080--natural-black-hair-dark-hair.jpg

@realsunsetvalley I thibk the Ming Na Wen is a perfect pick for Iliana.

@KaikoMikkusu Yeah, I mean a lot of people are looking only at appearance but I see nothing wrong with cast just whoever in general reminds you the most of the sim you're casting. :smiley:

Aoi Miyazaki would be an adorable Blair! Come to think of it, these hypothetical sims could be made in any country in the world so pick whoever you like.

My sims' kid grew up to an appropriate casting age, but I'll have to post her later because my game got stuck saving so she technically doesn't exist. :lol:

Bronte is an Irish-descended name, actually! :smile: But, speaking of Filipino folks, I wonder if perhaps the Mae sister are meant to be Filipino or Filam? A lot of the Filipino people I have seen, native or otherwise, fall under that "vaguely" asian category meaning they are technically Asian, but they don't look super duper Asian.

Some examples:
    55c90f96357f70031eb7d265609812e2.jpg

Beautiful-Filipino-Actress-Julia-Barretto.jpg

fabio-ide.jpg

They have this cool combo of sorta Easter Asian, but mostly Latino looking. I think it's awesome. :3

Though the Mae surname is a confusing one. I have mostly heard it IRL as more of a middle name than a surname which makes me wonder if that's how it was meant to be read. But it also makes sense if it was a Japanese surname since it is Iliana's maiden name and in Japanese the word mae means before. But the world...mae never know. :lol:
    As for Kaylynn Langerak there's something about young Sarah Paulson that fit:

Screenshot-670.jpg

05bc2923ffc663b49f46396c72618a45.jpg

sarah-paulson.jpg?w=612

And for her sister, Zelda Mae, I could see maybe Julia Stiles ?

Aren't Iliana and Zelda both Asian?

As a matter of fact, until this thread I never thought of them as asian... It didn't came to mind...
    And for her sister, Zelda Mae, I could see maybe Julia Stiles ?

Aren't Iliana and Zelda both Asian?

As a matter of fact, until this thread I never thought of them as asian... It didn't came to mind...

omg, neither do I :-) Asians in Sunset Valley were always Sekemotos, Lums and Kimura. Maes were dark caucasians, sort of south-east, I guess if I would need to consider their native origin, with influence from Asia yes, as many south-east caucasians do have, but I'm not an expert. What I felt from the game Lums from China, Sekemotos and Kimura Japan (that's why I married them, they have 4 kids, guess it would be divorce with them maybe, just an idea). Zelda and Iliana, if anything, could be from Kazachstan or so I guess. And here's a link with answer why could be Kazachstan for example, or even Ukraine:

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-there-Asians-and-Caucasians-in-Kazakhstan

Why are there Asians and Caucasians in Kazakhstan?

The short answer is: Asians - because of Genghis Khan and Mongol Empire, Caucasians - because of Russian Empire and Soviet Union.
    edited August 2017
    Emily4331 wrote: »

Though the Mae surname is a confusing one. I have mostly heard it IRL as more of a middle name than a surname which makes me wonder if that's how it was meant to be read. But it also makes sense if it was a Japanese surname since it is Iliana's maiden name and in Japanese the word mae means before. But the world...mae never know. :lol:

Now I'm confussed, they could be from anywhere, like Iliana is Spanish name.

Here's a link to Top-20 Most Beautiful Kazakh Women

https://en.tengrinews.kz/opinion/186/

where u can see mix of caucasian and asian.

That's why my first pick for Zelda was Julia Stiles as her eyes kinda reminds me of "asian" eyes of Zelda and she is very fair skinned. But it was a maybe pick, I'm not sure anymore.

0c02bc37918ba1e18864a2f125913961--julia-stiles-hair-graduated-haircut.jpg
    @realsunsetvalley Kazakhstan is actually a good suggestion too! They are really cool people. As you said, that mix between Mongol-Asian and Eastern European. And, come to think of it, Iliana especially has quite Kazakh features.

Though I do think it is less likely EA might them to be Kazakh. But I guess it all boils down to we can see them however we'd like. :smiley:

On topic, Sarah Paulson is a good Kaylynn! However, she makes me think of Sonam Kapoor especially when considering her TS2 appearance:
    Sonam_Kapoor_at_the_Trailer_Launch_of_%27Dolly_ki_Doli%27.jpg

Kaylynn in TS2:
    74302309.jpg

• Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    I have two more Sims that I'd like to put forward:

First off, rebellious yet intelligent Hazel:
    bWcKXWl.jpg

And her overbearing, fed-up father Paul:
    gDOKRi3.jpg
    @realsunsetvalley There is nothing to be confused about. I liked your Julia pic and was just talking about how the Mae/Langerak women all remind me in appearance of how Filipino typically look. And was just speculating on what EA meant them to be based on their confusing surname. :lol:

Let's just drop the Mae thing at this point and just pick whoever we feel fits, hm?
    @Minx11 Paul I immediately thought of Edward Norton!

For Hazel...hmm...how about Maia Mitchel?
    b503816a2108b266defbe42420ab57ed.jpg
    edited August 2017
    @realsunsetvalley Kazakhstan is actually a good suggestion too! They are really cool people. As you said, that mix between Mongol-Asian and Eastern European. And, come to think of it, Iliana especially has quite Kazakh features.

Though I do think it is less likely EA might them to be Kazakh. But I guess it all boils down to we can see them however we'd like. :smiley:

On topic, Sarah Paulson is a good Kaylynn! However, she makes me think of Sonam Kapoor especially when considering her TS2 appearance:
    Sonam_Kapoor_at_the_Trailer_Launch_of_%27Dolly_ki_Doli%27.jpg

Kaylynn in TS2:
    74302309.jpg

Yes, she's beautiful, sorta too beautifull for Kaylynn but her nose is perfect :wink: I always consider TS3 Kaylynn the aunt of Kaylynn the Maid from TS2, which in my game is daughter of Parker and Sandi Single Mom French, so thats why Sarah Paulson was the pick. I gave Kaylynn the aunt Resort Empire Lifetime Wish.
    @realsunsetvalley aww haha! You don't think Kaylynn is beautiful? I always figured she'd have to be if Don wants her. :lol:
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I don't think I have ever seen a thread like this, but if one exists its either long gone or I stole their idea subconsciously. :lol:

But that doesn't matter! I came up with a little thread game. You post a picture of your favorite sim and the simmer below you says the actor or actress that would play your sim in the movie of their life! :lol:

I'll start, here's my sim I just made today - a private detective named Stephanie Halloway:
    wnSPAvm.jpg

0OfVvJ5.jpg

0g8pVc8.jpg

Who would you have play her? :smiley:

Your sim reminds me of Janine Turner, an actress from the 1990 TV show Northern Exposure images of Northern Exposure - Janine Turner