Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty world recommendations?

AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 3 World Builders
I want to start to build my own world. I'm having a hard time with the CAW tool, also I have the 1.69 patch and I heard that's related.
Anyway I'm looking for an empty world I can build from the beginning using "edit town" so I want the layout to be set already. (for playing purposes only, not for re-uploading).
Ideally I would use the empty template of Sunset Valley or Riverview but I want something new and fresh so I prefer none of the EA worlds since I know them already.
So I look for:
- CC world (edit: created by players, not by EA)
- Requires base game only (edit: no EP's required, no CC items)
- Unpopulated (no sims)
- No community lots, no resdential lots - only the landscape
- Mostly flat (like Sunset Valley / Riverview / Barnacle Bay)
- Preferably with a shore on one side, and land in all the rest (not an island, but also not a desert)
- Preferably medium size
- With skyline like the base game (and not like Bridgeport for example, which is darker)

if there is a nice world that answers all of the these, just with only few lots in it, but with most of it empty for building - it is also an option.

Any recommendations?
Post edited by Avatarit on

Comments

• cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Mysimsrealty has a few empty worlds, but I struggle with them as they already have lots in (empty lots) but you could easily remove all those. I just am lazy and whine because I cant put lots where I want to :p
    But that aside the worlds are very nice.
  • JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    i don't use cc.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    @JoshuaSims0 I think @Avatarit meant CC as in a custom world not an EA world, not a world containing CC exactly.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a link on my blog to a bundle with one base game only world called Gibsons which was my first CAW project and it's almost empty though it's one of my legacy towns and it's very stable.My signature links to that blog.I've also got anothet world started which is to be base game only and it's just been started though I'll be working on it more soon as I also want another larger sized empty world and won't care if it's base game only.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited July 2017
    cleo00 wrote: »
    @JoshuaSims0 I think @Avatarit meant CC as in a custom world not an EA world, not a world containing CC exactly.

exactly^^
    I'm looking for a world created by players, not by EA.
    (I actually prefer no CC items in it, only base game, I didn't explain myself well)

@cleo00 @TadOlson Thanks for your suggestions!! :smile:
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited August 2017
    Doesn't Rflong have a world called Beach City for All that is empty? It looks pretty cool and is on the Exchange. You can build your own lots and add your own sims.
    Hmm - now I think I'll download it.
    I'm sorry it's called Our Beach City http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8442754
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    @jaletu2005 Thanks! I'll check it
  • Hunter_CottoneyeHunter_Cottoneye Posts: 48 Member
    I have been playing with this world for over a month and I love it. It is empty of Sims. Here is the description enjoy it! :D

Willapa Valley Final Release! 7/19/17 Five Months Old. "New World".

tumblr_otdfints851vis0i9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_otdfints851vis0i9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_otdfints851vis0i9o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_otdfints851vis0i9o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_otdfints851vis0i9o10_1280.jpg

tumblr_otdfints851vis0i9o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_otdfints851vis0i9o5_1280.jpg

The third time trying to post this, the first time it didn’t work and then my old account got terminated briefly so I posted it on a new account and now I’m back with the actual release on my actual account! It’s been a whirlwind of events haha.

Willapa Valley is based off of the Pacific Northwest, capturing the amazing mountains and the Oregon coast all in to one world! There are multiple distinct areas of the world and it has many activities for sims to partake in! Camping, picking apples at a farm, riding horses, hiking, staying at hotels, scuba diving(one dive lot), boating, bowling, going to bars, getting coffee, and the list goes on! Just as a warning there are many trees and flora so Overwatch by nraas is highly recommended for smoother gameplay!

Stats:

103 lots, 55 residential (5 empty), 46 commercial (3 empty)

2048x2048 size world (largest size)

Requires Late Night, Pets, University Life, and Island Paradise

Stuff packs used were Town Life stuff and High End Loft. Only one or two objects may have been used from these, Town Life is more important to have.

Recommend having Riverview installed from the Sims 3 Store.

I used Awesims’ cornices which are included in the download link, and Awesims’ has given permission for them to be uploaded elsewhere.

I also used rabbit hole doors which can be downloaded here from MTS. Only three were used and they aren’t vital for play ability. Just download the first two files, not the one that says rugs.

Contains all spawners except for the seeds for plants that came with University Life, as they can be found in the University world. No mosquitoes either.

Extra Lots by Other Simblrs:

Fire Station by @mwthesims3 can be found here.

Consignment Store by @nornities can be found here.

Huge thank you to these two and especially @nornities for helping immensely with testing! I had almost no idea what to look for in terms of bad routing so it was a huge help!
    @Hunter_Cottoneye @ciane

At the time I was looking for worlds that don't contain any lots (community / resdential) since I wanted to build on my own.
    But anyway I checked/going to check the worlds you recommended and they seem very cool, Thank you!!! :smile:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I didn't find any empty worlds without lots that fit your requirements for a flat, non-island world when I did a quick search. I figured it was easy enough to delete the lots that exist without causing problems to your game. I hope you eventually find what you are wanting, but can use one of the worlds linked until then. :smiley:
    ciane wrote: »
    I didn't find any empty worlds without lots that fit your requirements for a flat, non-island world when I did a quick search. I figured it was easy enough to delete the lots that exist without causing problems to your game. I hope you eventually find what you are wanting, but can use one of the worlds linked until then. :smiley:

I think i'm going to try them anyway even for my other saves, thank you :smiley:
  • Hunter_CottoneyeHunter_Cottoneye Posts: 48 Member
    I hope you can enjoy these worlds.