Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some Weird Glitch In Sims 2 Pets

RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
One of my Sims adopted a pet today; Abbey, the fat furball that knows all the commands. But this dog will not do anything! She just stands in the same room, refusing to access the pet objects unless I put them in the same room, or command her to Come Here. She will go to the front door if she needs to pee or wants to greet the mailman, but then she refuses to come back. I tried Force Error>Reset, which did nothing except add an error to my hard drive. I can't remember if I already saved before or after Abbey was adopted, so I'm going to go to the neighborhood. If she's gone I'll adopt another pet and see if the same thing happens. Has anyone else had this problem? Were you able to fix it?
Be safe.

Comments

• cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    If you put on the cheat to make pets controllable, can Abbey still not do anything?
    Cant remember what the cheat is off the top of my head but I would try that.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2017
    Here is a couple of pet cheats that will make a pet fully controllable by the player.

boolprop ControlPets [on/off] Makes pets fully controllable, but you can't cancel actions from their queue.
    boolprop PetActionCancel [true/false] Makes actions in a pet's queue accessible

Source - http://snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=cheats
    @LaBlue0314 thank you, @KimRS I would try that and see if the dog still cant do anything, or if that helps.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Are you using custom content doors on the interior of this house? Doors cloned by people who didn't have pets are not always accessable by pets, so they just sort of stand there.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Are you using custom content doors on the interior of this house? Doors cloned by people who didn't have pets are not always accessable by pets, so they just sort of stand there.
    No, I was using the big castle door that came with University.

Cleo and LaBlue;
    Thanks for the advice! It totally worked. Abbey still won't do anything on her own, but now I can actually do something about low motives. Thanks again!
    Be safe.
    @KimRS happy it worked!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Make sure to praise the pet when it eats from its dish and does good things and then scold the pet when it does bad things- like pee inside. I have read that should help train them (such as with the bin pets that don't seem to be able to do anything either).
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Make sure to praise the pet when it eats from its dish and does good things and then scold the pet when it does bad things- like pee inside. I have read that should help train them (such as with the bin pets that don't seem to be able to do anything either).

This wasn't a command problem. She pees outside, sleeps in her own bed, and all that. The problem was deeper than that; I had to move everything into the same room before she would do anything for herself. Maybe the game or lot is bugged. I have another family who refuses to move out. I thought the Sim Bin was too full, but deleting a family did not help; and one of the Sims is stuck in a weird position. Have any of you ever seen a Sim pose with both arms stretched out and their head turned down?
    Be safe.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    KimRS wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »

This wasn't a command problem. She pees outside, sleeps in her own bed, and all that. The problem was deeper than that; I had to move everything into the same room before she would do anything for herself. Maybe the game or lot is bugged. I have another family who refuses to move out. I thought the Sim Bin was too full, but deleting a family did not help; and one of the Sims is stuck in a weird position. Have any of you ever seen a Sim pose with both arms stretched out and their head turned down?

Never delete sims from family bin ! This create corruption and your neighborhood will become unplayable to a point that you'll have to delete the save.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

Cleo and LaBlue;
    Thanks for the advice! It totally worked. Abbey still won't do anything on her own, but now I can actually do something about low motives. Thanks again!

Two story doors, if I recall, don't work for pets, so they can't go in or out.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

Cleo and LaBlue;

Two story doors, if I recall, don't work for pets, so they can't go in or out.

I learned something new today!