Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think TS5 will take the plunge into Multiplayer?

keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
As we all know, the Sims 4 was originally intended to be an online experience, or at least have an option for online multiplayer, but they scrapped that idea and went fully offline like every Sims game before it.

Do you think the Sims 5 will finally take that big leap into a bigger, multiplayer world? Finally bringing us all together to shape each others world's like never before?

I think maybe it will. If you think that every generation of Sims has brought something new to the franchise, it's not hard to believe that 5 might be the game changer and finally give players the chance to create new stories with their friends and family.

I know there are a lot of players that are against having an online option, but there are so many (myself included) that are just itching to be able to mingle and join in with other players in a new online world.

I think online is the next logical step for this series, but who knows if 5 will be the one to lay the groundwork for that.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I'm not sure how I'd feel about it but it would be nice to have the option to :smile:
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Considering the overwhelming opposition caused them to do an about face and overhaul the game at the 11th hour, I doubt they would pick the idea back up. If there is a 5th iteration, I am hoping for a combination of 4's simultaneous actions, home construction and sim sliders combine with 3's facial expressions, open world, world editor and color wheel all wrapped in code that is not a copy paste job from previous iterations guaranteed to cause bugs...

If we need a new, splashy, functionality to bring players I wouldn't mind checking it out in VR - as long as there is an option to play w/o VR if it is annoying/laggy/buggy/or causes physical discomfort to players.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    As we all know, the Sims 4 was originally intended to be an online experience, or at least have an option for online multiplayer, but they scrapped that idea and went fully offline like every Sims game before it.

Do you think the Sims 5 will finally take that big leap into a bigger, multiplayer world? Finally bringing us all together to shape each others world's like never before?

I think maybe it will. If you think that every generation of Sims has brought something new to the franchise, it's not hard to believe that 5 might be the game changer and finally give players the chance to create new stories with their friends and family.

I know there are a lot of players that are against having an online option, but there are so many (myself included) that are just itching to be able to mingle and join in with other players in a new online world.

I think online is the next logical step for this series, but who knows if 5 will be the one to lay the groundwork for that.

What do you think?

I don't know. I don't think it's the next 'logical' step, when they can milk the market with their social games on tablets and phones which they already have two, right now, with Sims Mobile and that other one, Sims Free Play, those rake in some dough, I don't see them wanting to build a big server for TS5 when they can get all the microtransactons with Sims Mobile and Free Play (which I guess is ending?). I think they have their eye on the mobile market a lot more these days than they did the multi-player market a few years ago. Things change. :D (And it would probably be a deal with MS Xbox and not many pc gamers want to use a console if they are true pc gamers).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I'm sure hoping! I Probably wont be able to get TS5 if it comes out cause this laptop can barely run TS4 lol. But if i could, i think multiplayer sounds fun.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    sims4multiplayersims4multiplayer Posts: 3 New Member
    Psst, you can give multiplayer gameplay a shot now with the multiplayer mod available at sims-multiplayer.com ;)