Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if consoles get earlier release dates for future TS4 content?

Just imagine Pets being released on consoles a month before PC?

I would be terribly, terribly, terribly upset.

You never know - I mean they may have already thought of this idea to shift console versions like hot-cakes off a hamster's back.

The worry is already eating away. Just knowing Pets might be out of reach whilst other people are playing with them.

Comments

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    We will be explaining DLC at a later point. But as for console getting future content before PC? No.

The content is built for PC and ported for console. At this time DLC content that is releasing on console will be from content we've already released on PC the last almost 3 years.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited July 2017
    We will be explaining DLC at a later point. But as for console getting future content before PC? No.

The content is built for PC and ported for console. At this time DLC content that is releasing on console will be from content we've already released on PC the last almost 3 years.

Does that mean all future Sims games will also be PC first, if you are allowed to give any friendly hints? :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)

Does that mean all future Sims games will also be PC first, if you are allowed to give any friendly hints? :wink:

Our focus is only on The Sims 4 at this time.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited July 2017
    I seem to remember Microsoft paying Rockstar Games $75,000,000 for Xbox exclusivity within the life-time of GTA IV for the Episodes from Liberty City DLC thing.

Rockstar took the bait, banked the $75,000,000 and delayed. PC and PS4 owners had to wait.
    EDIT: Might have been PS3?

What if Microsoft or Sony make an offer to EA direct?

EDIT:
    Or maybe it was for GTA IV itself?
    Yeh, they did - they banked $25 million per episode of the DLC.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    When Sims 2 came out, EA signed a deal with Aspyr Games to do the Mac port; Mac players had to wait an extra 6 months to get packs (and never got most of the SPs or the last two EPs), but the Aspyr programmers were able to squash a majority of the bugs in the PC versions in the meantime. I'm assuming from @SimGuruDrake's post that the console port will work in similar fashion; content is developed for PC first before the code is released to Blind Squirrel for the console port. It's still not clear though if players will be able to mod or install CC for the console versions.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    From the official blog post:

Upon The Sims 4's release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this November, Maxis and the team at Blind Squirrel Games plan on revisiting our current lineup of extra DLC to bring over some of the best experiences to console on a regular basis, but we plan to start providing players periodic game updates that mirrors some of the latest content we've released for PC, delivering new features, and continuing to improve your game experience.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/the-sims-4-console-announce
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    What's in place to protect future PC content?

I mean, Take-Two Interactive were the ones that ripped Microsoft's arm off at the shoulder - that is the equivalent of EA being offered the money.

I don't want to find out that all of a sudden that some EP I want is being released 6 months early on a non-PC format.

I can smell some £100 million deal on the horizon to swipe Pets and Seasons from under my nose.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Then I'll wait for the PC version.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I will come back next year then :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Well I hope we see Outdoor Retreat pushed to the console version.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

I will come back next year then :smile:

She meant on the PC Version.
  • tonicmoletonicmole Posts: 121 Member
    Something to keep in mind is that The Sims on consoles traditionally makes a fraction of the money seen on PC. Which is why they didn't even bother to port it till now. If anything a console version will infuse The Sims 4 with much needed revenue to expand the game more. Honestly Sims 4 should have always been on the consoles. Now, on the other hand Sims 5 better not fit on consoles. I want a real sequel so big and wonderful I have to buy a new PC to run it.
    What's the deal with the creepy Sim in the yellow shirt, and glasses? The one right up there! I'm guessing what ever he is it starts with "serial".
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Just imagine Pets being released on consoles a month before PC?

I would be terribly, terribly, terribly upset.

You never know - I mean they may have already thought of this idea to shift console versions like hot-cakes off a hamster's back.

The worry is already eating away. Just knowing Pets might be out of reach whilst other people are playing with them.

Don't really see the point of that, really. Like they trailer composed are composed of PC gameplay footage, so they're already rushing the console gameplay that they won't have time to focus or worry about pets on console. Why would they release pets on console the same year as the BG.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • fancynancypigsfancynancypigs Posts: 18 New Member
    > @tonicmole said:
    > Something to keep in mind is that The Sims on consoles traditionally makes a fraction of the money seen on PC. Which is why they didn't even bother to port it till now. If anything a console version will infuse The Sims 4 with much needed revenue to expand the game more. Honestly Sims 4 should have always been on the consoles. Now, on the other hand Sims 5 better not fit on consoles. I want a real sequel so big and wonderful I have to buy a new PC to run it.

Oh I hope not....I'm so done with computers , hi I'm console person btw....how are ya?
  • fancynancypigsfancynancypigs Posts: 18 New Member
    Ahhh I'm so sorry was that rude.... :s I'm sorry :'(
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well before EA can even consider releasing new material early on the Console (and why would they? Sims is optimised for the PC) they would STILL need the console to catch up with all the DLC and updates released so far, and that will take at LEAST a year, all the while things are being made.

Sims wasn't ported to Consoles before, not because EA doesn't like your money, but because consoles couldn't handle the size and graphics.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.