Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 for Nintendo Switch

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    i seen that coming they have no plans for Mass Effect: Andromeda so i can see EA not doing the Sims 4 for the switch which is sad to be honest. but its their choice. even if some of us don't agree on it. i personally only have a switch and my laptop to play these types of games.

It's Nintendo's fault. ME:A needs more space than a Nintendo Switch catridge allows (32GB).
    Plus the internal storage of the Switch is 32GB unless you pay for expansion. The Sims 4 as it stands with all patches and packs is more than 32GB and we're only 3 EP's in.

Unless Nintendo release a bigger model, it's highly doubtful. Meanwhile Xbox and PS4 have 500Gb and 1TB models.
    Its not Nintendo's fault you can add more by getting a micro sd card and Nintendo has never competed with PS4 or Xbox One so why would they try to compete now? That is why everyone has the choice of what console fits them the best. Since I have been a big Nintendo fan for a long time I chose to get one and 500 GB on PS4 doesn't go far if you DD your games.
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but I saw this coming. Everyone was so hyped for the Switch, and I never could understand (as a Nintendo fan myself). Third parties (including EA) pledged their support for the Wii U but then turned around. It's obvious they'll do the same for the Switch.

With that said, I don't really think anything of value is lost here for the Switch.

Um that's because the Wii U was a flop. The Switch is really successful.

It's only successful at the moment because it's new and hard to come by (because there's limited stock, sales are often made by resellers).

That said, the Wii U only flopped because third party backed out. If they do the same with The Switch, the Switch will flop too.
    Its not hard to find stores are carrying it. It won't be a flop because the fact its a hybrid console more so then the Wii U. Since I like handheld gaming systems way better that is why I like it. But I do have a PS4 and a Xbox One S.

That may be true 500 GB does not go far if you DL your games but Xbox one and PS4 have capability of attaching very large external drives that I believe the switch cannot do. So DLing is not an problem for Xbox or PS4 users. I think eventually it may come but their focus is on Xbox and PS4 right now being it is easier for them to program it on those systems.
    I wasn't complaining I said I have all 3 systems though it would be fun to have it on the Switch they would dumb it down like they did TS3 on the Wii. I rather have it on the other consoles.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    i seen that coming they have no plans for Mass Effect: Andromeda so i can see EA not doing the Sims 4 for the switch which is sad to be honest. but its their choice. even if some of us don't agree on it. i personally only have a switch and my laptop to play these types of games.

It's Nintendo's fault. ME:A needs more space than a Nintendo Switch catridge allows (32GB).
    Plus the internal storage of the Switch is 32GB unless you pay for expansion. The Sims 4 as it stands with all patches and packs is more than 32GB and we're only 3 EP's in.

Unless Nintendo release a bigger model, it's highly doubtful. Meanwhile Xbox and PS4 have 500Gb and 1TB models.
    Its not Nintendo's fault you can add more by getting a micro sd card and Nintendo has never competed with PS4 or Xbox One so why would they try to compete now? That is why everyone has the choice of what console fits them the best. Since I have been a big Nintendo fan for a long time I chose to get one and 500 GB on PS4 doesn't go far if you DD your games.
    I hate to say it, but I saw this coming. Everyone was so hyped for the Switch, and I never could understand (as a Nintendo fan myself). Third parties (including EA) pledged their support for the Wii U but then turned around. It's obvious they'll do the same for the Switch.

With that said, I don't really think anything of value is lost here for the Switch.

It's only successful at the moment because it's new and hard to come by (because there's limited stock, sales are often made by resellers).

That said, the Wii U only flopped because third party backed out. If they do the same with The Switch, the Switch will flop too.
    Its not hard to find stores are carrying it. It won't be a flop because the fact its a hybrid console more so then the Wii U. Since I like handheld gaming systems way better that is why I like it. But I do have a PS4 and a Xbox One S.

That may be true 500 GB does not go far if you DL your games but Xbox one and PS4 have capability of attaching very large external drives that I believe the switch cannot do. So DLing is not an problem for Xbox or PS4 users. I think eventually it may come but their focus is on Xbox and PS4 right now being it is easier for them to program it on those systems.
    I wasn't complaining I said I have all 3 systems though it would be fun to have it on the Switch they would dumb it down like they did TS3 on the Wii. I rather have it on the other consoles.

Hmmm, funny I never said you was complaining and I agree the console versions will not have all the functionality of the PC version.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

You're proving my point.

A SD card being required to play, is the issue. Only a small number of players will have an SD card, so it's useless for EA to sell it to everyone who owns a Switch.

If Nintendo don't want to compete with the PS4/Xbox1, then that is their fault that the Switch can't play the game.
    But EA can't market a game to a small selection of players. They need to invest in an eco-system that allows players to play out of box, with all DLC.

If they can't, it's not profitable.
    I am proving no point and if you want to DD games you have to expand what you have anyways and I have a PS4 500 GB one it doesn't go very far DD games like I do. I have to delete games now to even play games on it. Its a lot slower to fill a Nintendo's console then it is to fill PS4 or even Xbox One games since every physical game has to be downloaded on the console. Besides they already have a game that would fill the entire storage of the switch and its hasn't come out yet its Dragon Hero's 1&2 . I don't find PS4 or even Xbox one being Eco Friendly you waste more space playing the games you bought for the console then you would just having the disks and not having to add them to your very low amount of storage system.. That is probably why I like Nintendo products they don't do that.

No you don't. You do IF you never delete a game off your HDD. But tell me one game, on PS4 or Xbox One, where you need to buy an external hard drive to play ONE game with DLC? You don't.

The point is, EA want money. They want to sell a game, where everyone who purchases the base game, can buy all the DLC out of the box with what they have.

If you need to have an SD card (which costs over $100) to play on the Switch with all DLC, and only like 1 in 10 owners have one, that means EA can only market to 100 people per every thousand. And only 20 people of that 100 might be interested.

I'm not saying there's 0 market for EA, but there's too many conditions to warrant being able to market, when they can market to 1000 people for every 1000 PS4 consoles sold.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2017

You're proving my point.

A SD card being required to play, is the issue. Only a small number of players will have an SD card, so it's useless for EA to sell it to everyone who owns a Switch.

If Nintendo don't want to compete with the PS4/Xbox1, then that is their fault that the Switch can't play the game.
    But EA can't market a game to a small selection of players. They need to invest in an eco-system that allows players to play out of box, with all DLC.

I am proving no point and if you want to DD games you have to expand what you have anyways and I have a PS4 500 GB one it doesn't go very far DD games like I do. I have to delete games now to even play games on it. Its a lot slower to fill a Nintendo's console then it is to fill PS4 or even Xbox One games since every physical game has to be downloaded on the console. Besides they already have a game that would fill the entire storage of the switch and its hasn't come out yet its Dragon Hero's 1&2 . I don't find PS4 or even Xbox one being Eco Friendly you waste more space playing the games you bought for the console then you would just having the disks and not having to add them to your very low amount of storage system.. That is probably why I like Nintendo products they don't do that.

No you don't. You do IF you never delete a game off your HDD. But tell me one game, on PS4 or Xbox One, where you need to buy an external hard drive to play ONE game with DLC? You don't.

The point is, EA want money. They want to sell a game, where everyone who purchases the base game, can buy all the DLC out of the box with what they have.

If you need to have an SD card (which costs over $100) to play on the Switch with all DLC, and only like 1 in 10 owners have one, that means EA can only market to 100 people per every thousand. And only 20 people of that 100 might be interested.

I'm not saying there's 0 market for EA, but there's too many conditions to warrant being able to market, when they can market to 1000 people for every 1000 PS4 consoles sold.
    None but that isn't the point Nintendo has always had low storage and lower graphic consoles so if you are trying to compare them to PS4 and Xbox One you can't because they aren't in the same league as those to platforms. The appeal to Nintendo console is Nintendo games that we all grew up with when we were kids. They don't have to compete with Sony or Microsoft because all Nintendo games are just nostalgic for people. Like I said I have a PS4,Xbox One and a Nintendo Switch because they all offer different things and if you love video games you would happily pay extra for a Micro SD Card to play the games you love.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

You're proving my point.

Most retailers that sell the Nintendo switch will also sell SD cards, usually in the same section of the store if not in additional areas as well. You can get a 64GB Micro SDXC card for $25, and they make larger configurations too. With SD cards being rather affordable, and incredibly common, not having one is not a strong leg to stand on. Nintendo consoles have supported SD card expansion as far back as the original Wii, it's nothing new for anyone who's familiar with their products. As far as I am concerned, the "small number of players" who you reference aren't those who own an expansion, it's those that choose not to knowing they will need one. A reasonable consumer will get at least some info about such an expensive purchase before they buy it. Every website that reviews it mentions the capacity and suggests getting additional storage.

Switch is a dual console system. It's hardware is designed to be portable. The exclusion of Sims 4 from that platform says the hardware can't support the game in the same way the other platforms can.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Really it is a concern?

PC version they never made linux version (obviously due % of that SO)
    Then, with console version if we apply same, Switch is not so popular to do a port
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Shame it won't be coming out on the switch, i would have purchased it day one. You can get memory cards pretty cheap on Amazon so storage isn't really an issue. The switch is suppost to be one of the christmas must haves for children so i'd say it's popularity is about to soar. Nintendo will allways have a strong fan base. We have had all 3 consoles and the switch is the only one that gets played almost daily, son has lost interest in his PS4 as he preferes PC games now. We got rid of the XBOX One after only 6 months of ownership. Think the sims would have been perfect for the switch.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    I would love to see TS4 come to the Switch
  • Options
    RazerRonnieRazerRonnie Posts: 2 New Member
    If Bethesda can Bring Doom and Wolfenstein 2 and Rockstar can bring L.A. Noire, EA you HAVE NO EXCUSES NOT to bring TS4 to Switch. Storage Issues? F that. Doom is 45GB on PC. On Switch only 16Gb Cartridge Plus 9Gb for Multiplayer. As a PS4 Gamers and PC Gamers, there are no way I'm gonna get TS4 on any other console except Switch. Why should I buy something that Required me to sit in front of a TV to play it while I already have TS4 with MODS on PC? Anyway Cheers and I hope it's gonna come sooner or later to Switch.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017

You're proving my point.

Yea that makes sense. My ps4 pro has 1TB most consoles do now. I have so many games instaled and im using just over a quarter if that of my GBs available.
  • Options
    SimmerTillDeath91SimmerTillDeath91 Posts: 5 New Member
    Seeing as how the sims 4 is doing so well for consoles in sales, I would love for them to port it to the NS. It’d be stupid of them not to...I mean come on, PORTABILITY enough said.... I went on amazon and literally no physical copies aren’t available that’s so cool! And I’m glad it’s doing well maybe that’ll show EA that we are serious about console versions. The Nintendo Switch needs some love! Come on EA please for the love of god! Give us the Switch version next fall and be done with it.

I’d buy it instantly! day one id buy all dlcs available just because I can take my sims anywhere I want. I can even lay In bed all day if I like and play it. sometimes it can be annoying playing it on desktop because I get a bit tired. anyways, guys if you really really!!! Want the sims 4 on the Nintendo Switch we need to let EA hear our voice! there’s a hashtag on Twitter that y’all should use to get them to do it! use it on Facebook IG and Twitter everywhere that uses hashtags. It’s...

#BRINGTHESIMS4TOTHENINTENDOSWITCH

come on Switch desperately needs this game... I will fight on my own if I must until they hear me out...but please help me in sharing this hashtag on twitter where I started it. Give them a good reason why it needs to get ported to the switch and maybe they will do it. Come on it doesn’t take long to post that hashtag please bug the crap out of them until it happens.

P.s EA IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE PORT IT PLEASE! I bought it already on the pc and it just makes sense to make it for the Nintendo Switch. It’s an awesome console and if you don’t see how great the sims 4 will do on the go, I don’t know what’s the matter with you but you ARE CRAZY! Not to bring the sims 4 to a portable system that is more than capable of handling...so do not give an excuse that the file size is too small because you can get More memory on it.
  • Options
    Oops I meant the memory on the switch to not give any excuses that it’s too small to bring the sims over because there is such thing as memory cards and the switch is capable of holding 1TB so someday when ever that is available that’ll be great but for now a 250GB card is more than enough hell even a 60GB is fine.
  • Options
    Anyways just don’t give up just because simgurudrake says no plan for it now that doesn’t mean a no guys...if you leave it alone they won’t port it. you ask for it now fight for it!
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    In case any of you guys haven't seen this, SimsVIP posted an article explaining why we need The Sims 4 for the Switch, I though it seemed relevant for this post :)

https://simsvip.com/2017/10/25/need-sims-4-nintendo-switch/
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017
    I wonder if theres no switch port due to the console sales or if its because its harder to port to the switch. It was mention during E3 a few years back that the current gen consoles (xbox one and ps4) where designed to be much easier to develop games for as last gens were so difficult , not sure if its the same for the switch. I wouldnt personally think the switch could run the game maxed out but i saw that there will be skyrim special edition an La Noire available for switch so i dont know.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

You're proving my point.

Most retailers that sell the Nintendo switch will also sell SD cards, usually in the same section of the store if not in additional areas as well. You can get a 64GB Micro SDXC card for $25, and they make larger configurations too.

Even if they do, the Switch can only handle up to 64GB.
  • Options
    eurecaeureca Posts: 0 New Member
    > @jackjack_k said:
    > drake_mccarty wrote: »
    >
    > jackjack_k wrote: »
    >
    > @pepperjax1230 wrote: »
    >
    >
    > @MelissaStarbees wrote: »
    >
    > i seen that coming they have no plans for Mass Effect: Andromeda so i can see EA not doing the Sims 4 for the switch which is sad to be honest. but its their choice. even if some of us don't agree on it. i personally only have a switch and my laptop to play these types of games.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's Nintendo's fault. ME:A needs more space than a Nintendo Switch catridge allows (32GB).
    > Plus the internal storage of the Switch is 32GB unless you pay for expansion. The Sims 4 as it stands with all patches and packs is more than 32GB and we're only 3 EP's in.
    >
    > Unless Nintendo release a bigger model, it's highly doubtful. Meanwhile Xbox and PS4 have 500Gb and 1TB models.
    >
    >
    >
    > Its not Nintendo's fault you can add more by getting a micro sd card and Nintendo has never competed with PS4 or Xbox One so why would they try to compete now? That is why everyone has the choice of what console fits them the best. Since I have been a big Nintendo fan for a long time I chose to get one and 500 GB on PS4 doesn't go far if you DD your games.
    >
    > dogboy678 wrote: »
    >
    > BariSaxy wrote: »
    >
    > I hate to say it, but I saw this coming. Everyone was so hyped for the Switch, and I never could understand (as a Nintendo fan myself). Third parties (including EA) pledged their support for the Wii U but then turned around. It's obvious they'll do the same for the Switch.
    >
    > With that said, I don't really think anything of value is lost here for the Switch.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Um that's because the Wii U was a flop. The Switch is really successful.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's only successful at the moment because it's new and hard to come by (because there's limited stock, sales are often made by resellers).
    >
    > That said, the Wii U only flopped because third party backed out. If they do the same with The Switch, the Switch will flop too.
    >
    >
    >
    > Its not hard to find stores are carrying it. It won't be a flop because the fact its a hybrid console more so then the Wii U. Since I like handheld gaming systems way better that is why I like it. But I do have a PS4 and a Xbox One S.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You're proving my point.
    >
    > A SD card being required to play, is the issue. Only a small number of players will have an SD card, so it's useless for EA to sell it to everyone who owns a Switch.
    >
    > If Nintendo don't want to compete with the PS4/Xbox1, then that is their fault that the Switch can't play the game.
    > But EA can't market a game to a small selection of players. They need to invest in an eco-system that allows players to play out of box, with all DLC.
    >
    > If they can't, it's not profitable.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Most retailers that sell the Nintendo switch will also sell SD cards, usually in the same section of the store if not in additional areas as well. You can get a 64GB Micro SDXC card for $25, and they make larger configurations too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Even if they do, the Switch can only handle up to 64GB.

Actually the Switch supports up to 2 tb micro sd when they are released. That was announced before the Switch was released. I bought a 128gb micro sd that is in my switch for $29.99 on sale. Micro SD's are regularly on sale. It is an extremely common thing people have even if they don't game. I have multiple 64gb micro sd's not currently in use. Earlier in the topic you said you need literally hundreds of dollars to expand the storage of a Switch to play Sims 4. I assume you now know how off base that is.

Not saying it wouldn't be great if the Switch had more internal storage obviously it is a misstep. I know this is an old topic but I don't get why you think that games like the Sims 4 would not come to it because of size. It is not even on the high end of game sizes these days. Sims 4 on consoles is not launching with all the DLC's on disc. So the size is not even comparable to the full PC 25gig pc size with all the expansions/addons. And you are also not considering game compression. You can't look at the pc size of a game and conclude that is what it has to be on a console. The Sims 4 on PS4/Xbox will be 12 gigs. Clearly enough for a 16 gig Switch game card most games use with no micro SD card needed. Smaller than Zelda. And way smaller than the 29 gig LA Noire Switch edition that does need an micro sd card. And besides that 12 gigs on PS4/Xbox doesn't even mean it would be 12 gigs on the Switch. It would probably be further compressed on the Switch factoring in the internal storage.

I for one would love to see a Switch version of Sims 4 that I can take with me on the go.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited November 2017
    Doesn't the Switch have a 32GB limit?

No point releasing to a console where fans would have to spend literally hundreds of dollars to card big enough to store all the data.

The Sims used to sell the most on Nintendo, and was the Sims most popular secondary platform. But they would most likely have to create a custom version like Wii version and it's probably not worth it.

Seriously where do you get your info from? HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS on a freaking microSD card? On what planet? Also, you do realize that all my switch games come on its own card which is just like getting a hardcopy so you aren't downloading the game. You clearly don't have a switch or know how it works. The sims 4 could release with a hard copy (microSD) just like Mario, Zelda, etc did. I have barely used my 32 gigs because all my games have come on their own microSD's. Also, if you want to expand storage for saves you can literally get a 256 gig microSD from certain brands for under 50 bucks. So I have no idea where you get 100's of dollars from..............

Also, Nintendo switch does not hold a max of 64 gigs....why do you spew false info.... here is an ACTUAL source....(PS I own the switch and have a card in it that is 128 gigs......)
    nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/deals_the_best_nintendo_switch_micro_sd_cards
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2017
    Alright EA, I own TS4 on PC with all DLC, on PS4 with all DLC and now bring it for the Switch. My Body is ready for some fine portable sims action.

off-Topic: I bought a 200 gb SD Card with 100 mb/s Adapter (the fastest on the consumer market and is not even suppported by the Switch yet) for 55 $ on Amazon yesterday. They really aren't that expensive if you can settle with less gb (25$ for 64 gb).
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    MalacathMalacath Posts: 40 Member
    As Switch is selling better than everyone expected it wouldn't surprise if EA changed their mind and brought it to the Switch.
    Although I suppose it depends on how well the Xbox One and ps4 versions do
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

You're proving my point.

Most retailers that sell the Nintendo switch will also sell SD cards, usually in the same section of the store if not in additional areas as well. You can get a 64GB Micro SDXC card for $25, and they make larger configurations too.

Even if they do, the Switch can only handle up to 64GB.

Now that is if it is the internal memory, If it does not pertain to external memory than it fares well for the Switch.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    epic0440epic0440 Posts: 1 New Member
    If not a Sims 4 port for switch at least a port of my sims from the Wii. I loved that game. :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2018
    When you think about it, in the past they made a few different types of sims game on consoles. Not the same as PC. However this time we have got pretty much the same game for xbox1/PS4.
    So they haven't had to develop a whole new game for them.
    Like they had to in the past for consoles

They might simply have not been able to port it on switch like they have on Xbox/ps4.

The fact that they have managed to bring the same game as PC is awesome

Yeah sorry to anybody who wants to play switch.
    They might bring it to switch later in the year.

It seems they only created one version for the sims 4.
    Well apart from the sims 4 mobile anyway.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    When you think about it, in the past they made a few different types of sims game on consoles. Not the same as PC. However this time we have got pretty much the same game for xbox1/PS4.

They might simply have not been able to port it on switch like they have on Xbox/ps4.

Now that The Sims 4 has been out for a while now on consoles, I can understand why it wasn't ported to the Switch (perhaps the game is too big for it, as a new console EA weren't sure how well it would do etc.)

And personally, I'm not too bothered by it anymore. Although it would be nice, I wouldn't get it, because I already have the game for PC.

That being said, I would still like to see the day that The Sims 4 is announced for the Switch (whether it turns out to be exactly the same game we have on PC with similar graphics than those on other consoles, or slightly lowered ones - or perhaps a completely new experience altogether).
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Now that The Sims 4 has been out for a while now on consoles, I can understand why it wasn't ported to the Switch (perhaps the game is too big for it, as a new console EA weren't sure how well it would do etc.)

And personally, I'm not too bothered by it anymore. Although it would be nice, I wouldn't get it, because I already have the game for PC.

That being said, I would still like to see the day that The Sims 4 is announced for the Switch (whether it turns out to be exactly the same game we have on PC with similar graphics than those on other consoles, or slightly lowered ones - or perhaps a completely new experience altogether).

perhaps your right. even myself wondered if it was a size issue and of course the reguler DLC.
    I know where your coming from.

I still own every sims game on PS2/PS3/PS4

Tho I have never enjoyed thjem as much as PC. I do appreciate others do.

like I loved

sims in the city
    the sims 2 castaway

I think both were brillant B)

hopefully they will make a game for it. maybe even something with the sims 5.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon