Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Sims 5 before 2020? I think it's safe to say!

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7

This game is not "watered" down anything. Its an extremely well made Sims game and a fine addition to the series. It has every bit of a reason to be a part of the 20th anniversary and people who dont like that will just have to seethe, I guess.

You not been on these forums for long? :no_mouth:

What does that have to do with the poster's opinion of the game?

Most players are disappointed in TS4

Then why did EA literally just say that it's been one of the best years for The Sims, and The Sims 4 has charted better on global PC charts than The Sims 3? Why did a Guru acknowledge that The Sims 4 is about to outsell The Sims 2 on PC? Why are EA confident that The Sims 4 on console will be able to sell WITH EPs/SPs/GPs, when they previously weren't with The Sims 3 console?

You are not "most players" you are the minority.

I am the many, not the few :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    Just because McDonald's sells a lot doesn't mean it's gourmet. TS4 looks amazing at first glance, but it's so shallow, I find myself buying packs because I want to like this game... maybe that's why it's charting higher. What we already have (Base + EP's + GP's) isn't enough for the majority of people
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @king_of_simcity7

This game is not "watered" down anything. Its an extremely well made Sims game and a fine addition to the series. It has every bit of a reason to be a part of the 20th anniversary and people who dont like that will just have to seethe, I guess.

Then why did EA literally just say that it's been one of the best years for The Sims, and The Sims 4 has charted better on global PC charts than The Sims 3? Why did a Guru acknowledge that The Sims 4 is about to outsell The Sims 2 on PC? Why are EA confident that The Sims 4 on console will be able to sell WITH EPs/SPs/GPs, when they previously weren't with The Sims 3 console?

In other words, you know you're wrong :wink: Otherwise you could prove what you're saying.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @king_of_simcity7

In other words, you know you're wrong :wink: Otherwise you could prove what you're saying.

I am on the strong and stable side! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited July 2017
    Just because McDonald's sells a lot doesn't mean it's gourmet. TS4 looks amazing at first glance, but it's so shallow, I find myself buying packs because I want to like this game... maybe that's why it's charting higher. What we already have (Base + EP's + GP's) isn't enough for the majority of people

No, but it does mean people enjoy it for what purpose they need it for.
    Players want a Sims game. The Sims 3 focuses way too much on customisation, and then the gameplay offers very little.

The Sims 3 is an open world, yet when you visit all of the community lots, there is never anything going on. Most Community lots don't even have NPC's! Visit a Restaurant in The Sims 4, then do the same in The Sims 3. Miles apart. Visit the Spa in The Sims 3, there are no NPC's! You have to ask random people to massage you.

Sure, The Sims 3 filled up quicker because they threw out a new EP every 3 - 6 months. But people have selective memory.
    The amount of bugs that came with a Sims 3 EP was crazy.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/686687/x/p1

And we get angry now if there's 3 or 4 bugs. Imagine if a Sims 4 pack came out like this. People have forgotten the state of EP's that The Sims 3 had. Lol.

Yes, The Sims 4 has it's issues. But the reason why it's doing so well, is while it's clearly lacking in a few areas, what it does do, it often does better than we've ever had before, or does well. When you realise the biggest complaint from the last EP was Elevators missing a door animation, you realise how hard people have to work to paint an EP as "bad" when there used to be pages of issues in the past.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    When you realise the biggest complaint from the last EP was Elevators missing a door animation, you realise how hard people have to work to paint an EP as "bad" when there used to be pages of issues in the past.
    Elevators the biggest complaint? How about apartments not being able to be created by players or the festivals reusing base game content instead of offering something new they give us content no one was using but in festivals!

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Personally I believe we are nowhere near the end. The Sims 4 is missing unbelievable amounts of content (Beach vacations, University, Seasons, Pets, Witches, Werewolves, Zombies, an attraction system, etc) and Sim players are paying handsomely for very limited, rushed and buggy content, without much complaint. It's a financial win win for EA, and because they have very limited competition, if any, they can get away with it. It makes me fear that the Sims 5 will come with even less content, and be modelled almost like a freemium game.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't think we won't see TS5 soon. It's not because at EA Play they sayed they aren't working in a another simulation that they are not working. Since some years EA keep secret many things. Who thought TS mobile could be realised? Suddenly EA has announced this. Who thought TS4 on console could be realised? Suddenly EA has announced this. I just think they don't want talk about TS5 for not the sales of TS4 decrease.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Given the way Mass Effect and Dragon age has gone, can we expect TS5 to be on the Frostbyte engine? ;)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    And we get angry now if there's 3 or 4 bugs. Imagine if a Sims 4 pack came out like this. People have forgotten the state of EP's that The Sims 3 had. Lol.

How is it any better with The Sims 4 exactly? How many careers out of Get Together can you use by the way? If you're lucky only one of them won't be bugged. We have expansions that are 2/3rds completely broken.
    mirta000 wrote: »

How is it any better with The Sims 4 exactly? How many careers out of Get Together can you use by the way? If you're lucky only one of them won't be bugged. We have expansions that are 2/3rds completely broken.

Well if games riddled with bugs are to be compared, thank goodness Sims 4 isn't as bad as Fallout.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Given the way Mass Effect and Dragon age has gone, can we expect TS5 to be on the Frostbyte engine? ;)
    Is EA handing The Sims over to Bioware?
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Is EA handing The Sims over to Bioware?

Now that would be entertaining. If they did, sims 5 would have an annoying crafting system as well.
    Well if games riddled with bugs are to be compared, thank goodness Sims 4 isn't as bad as Fallout.

I have a really bad case of simulation lag, so for me it's a bit worse as it's no longer playable :D
    That being said, that statement from me was not to say that "this is the only game in the industry that is super bugged", I just think that it's hypocritical to accuse The Sims 3 of being highly broken when currently we have packs that are highly broken.

I have a really bad case of simulation lag, so for me it's a bit worse as it's no longer playable :D
    That being said, that statement from me was not to say that "this is the only game in the industry that is super bugged", I just think that it's hypocritical to accuse The Sims 3 of being highly broken when currently we have packs that are highly broken.

I'm struggling to deal with the time progression issue. Super speed for a while... shoots to 7am... slows down and it's 3am again.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @king_of_simcity7

Any sources on that?

The quarterly report that was released 2 days ago supports the opposite: that most players are happy with the game as the game is still going strong sales wise. And you don't sugar coat things to investors.

Porting the game and DLC to consoles also supports the opposite: you don't port a game that's selling poorly on the PC to the consoles. Especially in a genre that doesn't get much attention on the console.

And before you label me as some fanboy of Sims 4, It's my least favorite of the series. I think it lacks a certain something that hooks me in like Sims 1, Sims 2, and Sims 3 did for me. I don't know what that certain something is.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Any sources on that?

The quarterly report that was released 2 days ago supports the opposite: that most players are happy with the game as the game is still going strong sales wise. And you don't sugar coat things to investors.

Porting the game and DLC to consoles also supports the opposite: you don't port a game that's selling poorly on the PC to the consoles. Especially in a genre that doesn't get much attention on the console.

And before you label me as some fanboy of Sims 4, It's my least favorite of the series. I think it lacks a certain something that hooks me in like Sims 1, Sims 2, and Sims 3 did for me. I don't know what that certain something is.

Don't you find it a bit odd that EA reports actual numbers for other games and for sims they only say "online players went up by 20%?"
    Any sources on that?

Don't you find it a bit odd that EA reports actual numbers for other games and for sims they only say "online players went up by 20%?"

They didn't for all of their games. I know they didn't for their newest release for Mass Effect. So I don't think it's a bad sign. It just likely means that it didn't out perform expectations.
    They didn't for all of their games. I know they didn't for their newest release for Mass Effect. So I don't think it's a bad sign. It just likely means that it didn't out perform expectations.

yeah, but the newest mass effect was so disappointing that they discontinued the franchise :D
    Seriously. They're not even allowed to make DLCs for it.

yeah, but the newest mass effect was so disappointing that they discontinued the franchise :D

I need to see a source for that. Andromeda wasn't so bad in the end, they fixed a lot of the issues it started with (animations, lip sync, other major bugs). The thing is they are continually releasing new MP content, and that is really annoying the SP players (myself included). I can't believe they'd give up the franchise so soon - even sims 4 they tried to continue despite lack of popularity to start with.

I need to see a source for that. Andromeda wasn't so bad in the end, they fixed a lot of the issues it started with (animations, lip sync, other major bugs). The thing is they are continually releasing new MP content, and that is really annoying the SP players (myself included). I can't believe they'd give up the franchise so soon - even sims 4 they tried to continue despite lack of popularity to start with.

https://nowloading.co/p/no-more-mass-effect-after-andromeda/4267013

http://kotaku.com/sources-mass-effect-andromeda-will-not-get-single-pla-1796548159

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/05/11/mass-effect-andromeda-sequel-issues-may-leave-all-its-cliffhanger-storylines-unresolved/#6fe1e0f432c8

Also CEO of Bioware was forced to resign. So yes. EA was pretty harsh on them.
    Disappointing. It seems more a case of "On hold until they get a team working on it". From linked articles it seems major issues could be attributed to the Montreal team to begin with. Perhaps they need to get a quality team back on the case.
    Disappointing. It seems more a case of "On hold until they get a team working on it". From linked articles it seems major issues could be attributed to the Montreal team to begin with. Perhaps they need to get a quality team back on the case.

I bet it's more like "on hold for around a decade until we will try again". I have very little faith in EA when it comes to continuing something that they put on hold :P

I bet it's more like "on hold for around a decade until we will try again". I have very little faith in EA when it comes to continuing something that they put on hold :P

Actually, the latest quarter reports shows that sales of Andromeda weren't bad at all, just not exceeding expectations. And the backlash wasn't anywhere near as bad as Sim City 2013. So not a franchise killer, imo.

I'd guess that we'll get an MEA2. How well that sells and how well it is received will determine the future of the franchise.

Given that there is no real solid competition for Sims, I doubt unless something happens that causes sales to plummet or unless some actual competition shows up, there's no danger for Sims.
    Actually, the latest quarter reports shows that sales of Andromeda weren't bad at all, just not exceeding expectations. And the backlash wasn't anywhere near as bad as Sim City 2013. So not a franchise killer, imo.

I'd guess that we'll get an MEA2. How well that sells and how well it is received will determine the future of the franchise.

Given that there is no real solid competition for Sims, I doubt unless something happens that causes sales to plummet or unless some actual competition shows up, there's no danger for Sims.

they fired the Bioware CEO and outright stated that there will never be a sequel to ME:A and the whole of ME is on hold. How much of a hint do you need that it greatly disappointed EA?

Coming from a person that thinks that ME:A is an actually better game than ME3 and quite liked it.