Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fringe

Comments

• PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    @MadameLee I'm pretty sure "wgen" = "when" since the G and H keys are next to each other on computer keyboards (at least in English). @friendsfan367 feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @MadameLee I'm pretty sure "wgen" = "when" since the G and H keys are next to each other on computer keyboards (at least in English). @friendsfan367 feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

no your right. its winter since it gets dark by 5 i keep my lights off til then.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Well it's was a good thing Mom and I arranged to meet at the mall to ride home together on the bus(es). If anyone wants to know why ASK!!
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Well it's was a good thing Mom and I arranged to meet at the mall to ride home together on the bus(es). If anyone wants to know why ASK!!

why? not guessing asking.

Mom didn't get to sleep last night due to Cider having issues so until we got home she hadn't slept since Wednesday Morning and was concerned that she would fall alseep on the bus coming home so she's was glad that I was there w/ her on the bus (she told me that when we were waiting for bus 2-which I normally don't take but she does) do you get what I'm saying?
    6adMCGP.gif

Mom didn't get to sleep last night due to Cider having issues so until we got home she hadn't slept since Wednesday Morning and was concerned that she would fall alseep on the bus coming home so she's was glad that I was there w/ her on the bus (she told me that when we were waiting for bus 2-which I normally don't take but she does) do you get what I'm saying?

yes. before my hours changed i rode buses a lot. and one day i waited outside for 2 hours for the bus to get me for work. and it was summer so it was hot. i got a headache and was forced to call work to get the day off.
    I was having a good day until an argument with Dad not too long ago. But I'm sick and tired of him always wanting to be quiet when Mom's having a nap. If Mom asks where supper is.. I can "Blame dad for not allowing me to talk to you last night because you were having a second nap after supper-that's why we are fasting" Since I only know so many dishes (and 3 of the dishes are pasta and since *I* had pasta today..and 2 of the dishes one pasta, one not are chicken related-and we had chicken tonight) and that remains only 2 dishes-and one that my parents don't want me to cook in non-summer months (despite it being the easiest for me to cook) and chilli.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @MadameLee I hope things calm down with your family.

@Karilan *Hugs* I can understand feeling overwhelmed with everything going on in here. I was gone for a few days and wham! So much to catch up on. I have all but given up on keeping up with reading until I'm done with school, but even then, I realize I probably need to be reasonable and not force myself to read too much too fast.

I can also understand time management woes. I have struggled with this myself since starting graduate school. Who am I kidding? I've always struggled with it. I think the best advice someone ever gave me was break things up into manageable chunks, and sometimes those chunks need to be bite-sized. Sometimes it means you won't get certain things done today. That's okay. Give yourself permission to breathe and work at a reasonable pace. Don't feel like you have to keep up with everything. Find what works for you.

We were recently discussing S.M.A.R.T. goals in my business class. Maybe it would help you to set a Specific. Measurable. Attainable. Realistic. Timely. goal or two for forums reading. I don't know if that's helpful at all for you, but those have really helped me in my personal life.

I hope you don't disappear. I love our conversations. But I would totally understand if you need space and time away. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited December 2017
    I'm watching the Incredible Hulk and I have the impression that it's a cross between Frankenstein's monster and an autistic child. Or more correctly an autistic child turns into Frankenstein's monster when they are overwhelmed.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I'm watching the Incredible Hulk and I have the impression that it's a cross between Frankenstein's monster and an autistic child. Or more correctly an autistic child turns into Frankenstein's monster when they are overwhelmed.

Oh, my! That's a very interesting interpretation, @MadameLee !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

Oh, my! That's a very interesting interpretation, @MadameLee !

when autistic children become overwhelmed because of noise or something they start getting angry and then are unable to um communicate their feelings. And when Bruce Banner is overwhelmed either by anger or (maybe by other emotions ie love) he turns into the Hulk. The Hulk looks a bit similar (but abiet different) to Whale's Frankenstein movie from the 1930s, Both autistic children and Bruce have to learn techniques (ie breathing) to help them cope.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee Never thought of the Hulk that way - my interpretation was always more that he just had anger management problems. I have a sibling on the autism spectrum who's a pretty big Marvel fan so I'll ask him what he thinks.
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
    @MadameLee Never thought of the Hulk that way - my interpretation was always more that he just had anger management problems. I have a sibling on the autism spectrum who's a pretty big Marvel fan so I'll ask him what he thinks.

@PurplishSimEater I only recently became a Marvel fan myself and with the exception of 2 heroes (Captain America and Thor) most of the others 'acquire' their abilities or make their abilities due to an 'accident' of some sort. Tony needs that core thing like a wheelchair person needs a wheelchair to help him cope/live.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @CathyTea There are new animal hats with the patch!!!
    Seven new animal hats have crawled their way into Create A Sim.
    Take one home today, and let it nest upon your head, all warm and snuggly.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Meggles wrote: »

and hashtags are fixed
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger

@PurplishSimEater I only recently became a Marvel fan myself and with the exception of 2 heroes (Captain America and Thor) most of the others 'acquire' their abilities or make their abilities due to an 'accident' of some sort. Tony needs that core thing like a wheelchair person needs a wheelchair to help him cope/live.

@MadameLee Sorry to miss replying! I was so excited about the animal hats I forgot the guidelines, haha!

I love the Marvel movies! ALSO, Hawkeye is hearing impaired in the comics and wears a hearing aid!
    edited December 2017
    @Meggles I wonder what the hat choices are this time around (though I wish it wasn't patch day already since I finally got around to updating MC Command Center in my game last night).
    @lisabee2 @PurplishSimEater AND AND they fixed the party outfits!!!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I saw! I'm so excited!

I saw that the preventative shot was fixed... but what about the Wellness Treat? I wonder if that was fixed, too...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    i missed meggy coming out of hiding.
    @friendsfan367 I was coming back from my lunch break at work! :blush: I had to pop in!!!

@CathyTea I bet the wellness treat was fixed. Must have been!
    @Meggles Hello!!

I was reading John Green's new book Turtles All the Way Down in less then a week (Mom brought it home from one of her schools on Friday and I finished it last night) and I realised I have anxiety issues. I never realised it until reading the book because Aza the progtanist of the book has anxiety issues
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited December 2017
    @MadameLee Hi!!

I have to finish that book (it's sitting on my desk, lol)! I'm glad the book helped you figure out you have anxiety but I'm sorry that you do have it! I think I have it also but I am too stubborn to go see someone about helping it. :sweat_smile:
    @MadameLee Hi!!

I have to finish that book (it's sitting on my desk, lol)! I'm glad the book helped you figure out you have anxiety but I'm sorry that you do have it! I think I have it also but I am too stubborn to go see someone about helping it. :sweat_smile:

@Meggles I kind of wondered where my picking habit at whatever I can pick at on my body came from. I never connected it to anxiety until the I was reading the book.
    6adMCGP.gif
    My parents were proud of my progress at using chopsticks last night (we were having the "crap" ((ie cheap)) Chinese food) and Mom told me to cut the broccoli and I did without thinking cut the broccoli with my non-dominant (ie right hand) when holding it still with chopsticks. I used to have to set the chopsticks down and use the fork to hold the item still and cut with the knife. When you consider I only started using chopsticks last spring..when I was at Pickering Town Centre and had Edo Japan's Food and since then I was determined to use chopsticks to get better at it every time I have Chinese food at home.
    6adMCGP.gif