Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fringe

Comments

• GermanSimmerGermanSimmer Posts: 10 New Member
    It will be at germansimmerblog.wordpress.com (Right now it consists of only a "Coming soon" page) I'll keep you posted :)
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    What do you guys do when your writing day hasn't been very productive?

For example, I spent all morning taking a screenshot and recoloring pictures, but only wrote 200 words for my next Shadows post.

How do you know if you need a break, or are just being complacent?
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    15aewar wrote: »

For example, I spent all morning taking a screenshot and recoloring pictures, but only wrote 200 words for my next Shadows post.

Oddly enough I've been thinking about this all day. I kept staring at this chapter I'm stuck on and added maybe 1 word every 20 minutes. I knew I was being stubborn, but it took a few hours before I gave up and decided to catch up on some reading instead. I feel a bit better now and have some inspiration. I will have to remember next time not to force it and just take a break.

I think it happens sometimes. Try to find the bright side - it sounds like you made some progress at least! Some editing and 200 words is better than nothing, right?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

aparently i shop at amazon. or i did today.

• StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

@15aewar Generally I just try to put it behind me and use it as motivation to get back into it going forward. It's similar to my attitude with my stories. I've had multiple stories get cancelled or cut off because of technical difficulties or my own personal issues and I'm now using those failures as motivation to keep this current one going until I feel it's properly complete. You can't fix what's already happened, but you can control how you handle moving forward in the future.
    yeah mom wasn't mad i ordred a new soccer game. my old one only works on wii.
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hello! I read a little what you guys have written so far, and I love your suggestions.

I'm back for 100.000.000........0th time... :neutral::flushed:

I just have to say that I am messy in every way possible. I tend to start a million things and go to another one, but I get back once in a while. I guess that I get back to the things which are meant to last longer. :lol:

I want to post my issues somewhere, but they are intertwined as building, creating sims, my Sims 4 game situation, challenges, writing SimLit, reading SimLit... Oh, my... :worried:

Let's say I'm a type of person who enjoys (at least) a little of everything. Perhaps I should create a blog for my ideas regarding the game? Or write a topic somewhere on the forums, or... something else? Please, if you have any idea how I can make this work for me, go ahead and tell me!

• 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @ninaumi I run a thread called the Bouncy Castle that you might be interested in. You can bounce off any of your ideas there. We'd be glad to have all of your CAS, building, challenges, and writing ideas. :blush:

And I'm messy too :lol:
  • Similla_Similla_ Posts: 37 Member
    > @15aewar said:
    > What do you guys do when your writing day hasn't been very productive?
    >
    > For example, I spent all morning taking a screenshot and recoloring pictures, but only wrote 200 words for my next Shadows post.
    >
    > How do you know if you need a break, or are just being complacent?

It happens to me too, sometimes instead of writing I go read someone elses works cos that gives me inspiration orjust take a break playing Sims as it is, that kinda reminds me why im writing this story in the first place :)
    tumblr_inline_ozdhvnXqXe1v8iihq_500.png
    It Just Makes Sense
    > @ninaumi said:
    > Hello! I read a little what you guys have written so far, and I love your suggestions.
    >
    > I'm back for 100.000.000........0th time... :neutral: :flushed:
    >
    > I just have to say that I am messy in every way possible. I tend to start a million things and go to another one, but I get back once in a while. I guess that I get back to the things which are meant to last longer. :lol:
    >
    > I want to post my issues somewhere, but they are intertwined as building, creating sims, my Sims 4 game situation, challenges, writing SimLit, reading SimLit... Oh, my... :worried:
    >
    > Let's say I'm a type of person who enjoys (at least) a little of everything. Perhaps I should create a blog for my ideas regarding the game? Or write a topic somewhere on the forums, or... something else? Please, if you have any idea how I can make this work for me, go ahead and tell me!

Hi :)
    a blog is alaways a good place where to store and share your ideas, it's always easy to find and you know where your ideas are once you need them. Helping wise I bet there are someone who can help you with those issues, im sure there is a place you can post all that and get answers and all sorted there.
    It Just Makes Sense
    Thank you, @Similla_ ! :)

I wrote my first chapter of a #BuildNewcrest Legacy story. I just started playing and didn't have many screenshots, but I decided to post it anyway. That way I avoided a lot of problems which I had before when I wrote with a lot of screenshots. I edited just one picture, and only to post it in my signature, and to introduce the founder/character that way. I created the new blog with that story, too. I feel like this time is different. Now, as I am writing, I'm coming to a conclusion that I let go of perfectionism, I guess.
    @ninaumi that's awesome! I read your first chapter and keep wondering what will happen with Victoria, i hope she wont change her mind and wont become the criminal just because she can't make new friends. haha keep up the good work :)
    Also less sometimes is better (regarding screenshots), that way your readers can use their imagination and picture what your character does that you couldn't possibly taken into picture ;)
    Ow tell me your secret cos ima perfectionist myself :D
    It Just Makes Sense
    @Similla_ Thank you again! :) I appreciate your feedback. :)

I'm going to buy Parenthood pack immediately after the money arrives in my account, from my Mom's one. It's not like it costs a whole fortune, but it's still expensive for her. She thinks that my Sims playing is a huge waste of time, not to mention the expense. I always feel guilty about it. :( But, I will pay her back for everything one day. I plan on taking again from her next month, this time self-development, and I hope I'll get a bit of an insight into some things that'll enable me to start earning a little bit.
    @ninaumi you are welcome! :)
    That's so sweet of you to do that. I work now too and all i do with most of my payslip is to send it to my mom. of course I do leave some for myself or buy things, but most of it goes to my mom. I just think she deserves it more than I do now and as I don't have a partner or my own flat yet I don't need as much. She just have done so much for me its the best I can do to show her my appreciation :)
    Fingers crossed everything works out for you, I feel like you will achieve what you have planned ;)
    It Just Makes Sense
    Well, it didn't work out. I am unable to purchase it. I have always an error message when I want to finalize the purchase, and EA advisor told me that I should wait for some time and that I'll eventually buy it. Meh. I wrote a more detailed, yet short notice for my fellow Simmers on the blog.
    Update:
    The issue is actually my credit card. Namely, everyone using my type of card in my country has that problem, therefore I plan on starting my legacy family when that issue is cleared.
    ninaumi wrote: »
    Update:
    The issue is actually my credit card. Namely, everyone using my type of card in my country has that problem, therefore I plan on starting my legacy family when that issue is cleared.

That's a bummer! I don't suppose a gift visa would work? I know some websites don't accept gift credit cards.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    **I'm so excited to write tonight, I can barely stand it!** I've got supper to make and eat... so my writing time is about two hours away... but, oh, boy! I can hardly wait!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    **I'm so excited to write tonight, I can barely stand it!** I've got supper to make and eat... so my writing time is about two hours away... but, oh, boy! I can hardly wait!

i'm picturing you bouncing up and down in your desk chair.
    @Similla_ Thank you again! :) I appreciate your feedback. :)

I'm going to buy Parenthood pack immediately after the money arrives in my account, from my Mom's one. It's not like it costs a whole fortune, but it's still expensive for her. She thinks that my Sims playing is a huge waste of time, not to mention the expense. I always feel guilty about it. :( But, I will pay her back for everything one day. I plan on taking again from her next month, this time self-development, and I hope I'll get a bit of an insight into some things that'll enable me to start earning a little bit.

i'm a bill paying rent paying adult . today when she dropped me back at my apartment mom actually told me to play my new soccer game.

my dad was the one who understood my love of games. i think mom thinks their a waste of time.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @CathyTea I wish I was as excited to write! I had an itch to write yesterday but I kept thinking of how I would need to make it work in game and instead I was all "bleeeeeeh!" Perhaps I need to do some CT style Sim Fanfics! :tongue:

@friendsfan367 The last week of the month is bill week for me. I just get them out of the way for the next month. :)
    My parents finally got over their game issues when I started working. Before it was always a fight on which games I wanted and they didn't want to pay for. :sunglasses:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Karilan wrote: »
    Update:

That's a bummer! I don't suppose a gift visa would work? I know some websites don't accept gift credit cards.

@Karilan I finally bought Parenthood. :smiley: I'm back in the game. ;)

@friendsfan367 My dad was a geek, so it is a common sense that he approved of my gaming, but mom... nope

@Meggles I've had just some small jobs, lasting just a short period of time, and currently I don't have any, and that's why my mom doesn't approve.
    Karilan wrote: »
    Update:

@Karilan I finally bought Parenthood. :smiley: I'm back in the game. ;)

@friendsfan367 My dad was a geek, so it is a common sense that he approved of my gaming, but mom... nope

@Meggles I've had just some small jobs, lasting just a short period of time, and currently I don't have any, and that's why my mom doesn't approve.

Yay! Welcome to the joys of toddler tantrums and mood swings!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    @ninaumi that's awesome! having toddlers in the game is so much fun, i'm glad you can finally enjoy that too. Happy simming :))
    It Just Makes Sense
    Hey guys! Im on the edge here and I need somebody's opinion. Im starting my simlit and I can't decide how should I start it? Should I just go ahead and jump right into the story of should i explain the situation first and introduce my characters first? or is it better if my readers get to know them as the story progresses and everything that is happening around them? thanks in advance! :)
    It Just Makes Sense