Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fringe

Comments

• Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @Asaoyoru I'll have to check out your Build Newcrest. A lot of my favorite sims are very mindful, spiritual, and aware of themselves.

I have no idea when I'll get my story out, since MCCC keeps throwing errors and I need MCCC to work for my story to work. *siiigh* But at least it gives me time to polish the outline.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi everyone! I like this idea. The Lounge is cool but it IS noisy... and I usually end up huddled in a corner in noisy places. :D I also like the name. The Fringe sounds mystical... or like the name of some alternative café.

@DreamsInPixels I hope you get MCCC sorted out soon. Outline-polishing in the meantime sounds productive. My TS4 also keeps giving me error messages that are apparently because of outdated mods... though I'm sure I have things updated... Hmm... I have to re-check things once I get back to actually playing TS4. I've been too absorbed to one of my TS3 -stories to even think of playing much else.

I hope everyone's doing fine! :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Hi everyone! I found The Fringe! :)

@RipuAncestor I always end up huddled in a corner in noisy places too! Never because I feel awkward, but because that is where I am most comfortable.

Has anyone read the book Quiet by Susan Cain? Brilliant read for any introvert who wants to know more about their introverted-ness- or an introvert who is still becoming okay with accepting their introverted-ness. Me, I've always been comfortable and proud being an introvert but this book has given me some "proper terminology" to use when describing my actions/ feelings.

@Asaoyoru and @DreamsInPixels I like to think that Sienna, a vampire sim that I write, is mindful, spiritual, and aware of herself. She is so calming to write because she is so in touch with herself and those around her. I believe I said the same thing about @Asaoyoru 's Build Newcrest founder at one point- that she's calming to read.

I hope everyone is doing well today!
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2017
    @ny275 Corners ARE comfortable.

I haven't read that book, but it sounds interesting. I'm okay with being very strongly introverted, but terminology and understanding oneself better is indeed still good. I'll have to try to grab that book when it's available in the local library. Right now they're all borrowed.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Hi! It does really make sense that more introverted people like ourselves would like a smaller/quieter environment.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Hi! It does really make sense that more introverted people like ourselves would like a smaller/quieter environment.

I agree! And if things get big like the lounge, I think the guidelines would help make me feel safe, lol. Because you include the person before you can post without fear that you're going to be overlooked or ignored. And it helps me feel better about posting because I always like the idea of including everyone. It's so hard to keep up, though - I can't follow my own moral code, haha...

I feel like I'm on the fringe of intro- and extro- vertedness - ambivert! :lol: These guidelines help my extrovert side pop out!

(Now I'm refreshing to see if others have posted before me so I don't miss anyone! :joy: )

Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Those thoughts on introvertness are so cool! I grew up being scolded for my introvert-personality a lot by my parents, but I still like being huddled in my little corner like you @RipuAncestor and @ny275 ! I think I will forever be the weird one who has no problems talking to nobody for a whole day and just reading/watching/playing. I can only second what @ny275 said! That book is awesome!

Sienna definitely is a very spiritual character! I remember the shot when she did yoga on the roof of her house - I loved that! If Hannah and Sienna ever met they would totally draw oracle cards, swatch crystals and massage each other into eternal bliss <3 (that sounded wrong lol)

@Meggles: I think your approach is super nice! I hope this will stay a small little corner, but if it doesn't, we can at least be the nicest corner there is :)
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Hello, peeps! :)

I'm totally with @Asaoyoru @RipuAncestor and @ny275 the corner is the place to be! I also was given a hard time for being introverted as a kid. I'd rather just read by myself than do anything else. :D Speaking of reading, I wrote down that book @ny275 I'll have to check it out. Right now I'm reading a book about a couple that meet through Twitch. So sweet.

It seems to me that the topic of mindfulness seems to come up a lot lately. I've recently started going back to weight watchers and they're big on it now. I always feel awkward knowing so much about it since most of my knowledge is from therapy. But whatev.

@DreamsInPixels Are you sure it's something wrong with MCCC that's throwing the errors? I had a bad mod that was making MCCC throw the errors recently. As soon as I updated it I stopped getting the error pop ups.

Thanks @CathyTea for creating this thread! How exciting. I doubt I'll be on much today cuz that book is really awesome. Take care all!
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Small and quiet environments make me so happy. So I'm happy to have this thread.

@Asaoyoru I feel lucky that I was never pushed by my parents to leave my introvert bubble. They kind of understood what I go through.

@Rainydayz179 I figured it out after 2.5 hours of 50/50. It was toddler beds causing the errors. So phew! #CrisisAverted

I'm doing some last minute polishing and brainstorming before I play and start the story. I did take some test screenshots to test photoshop actions with the reshade settings.
  • Options
    So glad to have everyone who just posted! I won't tag you because I don't want to spam your notifications, but yay nonetheless <3

I'm glad that you got your crisis averted @DreamsInPixels! I also just read that your patronus is a dolphin! Now I only know you and my boyfriend who've got that patronus! I'm a cat myself. Which fits because I like sleeping and being served lol

I've just written up a bunch of chapters and got them scheduled. I'm excited to write more, somehow I'm in a great mood lately. For writing at least. Either the exam season has fried my brain completely or I'm just more creative! Hope all of your muses are kissing you today!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    So glad to have everyone who just posted! I won't tag you because I don't want to spam your notifications, but yay nonetheless <3

I'm glad that you got your crisis averted @DreamsInPixels! I also just read that your patronus is a dolphin! Now I only know you and my boyfriend who've got that patronus! I'm a cat myself. Which fits because I like sleeping and being served lol

I've just written up a bunch of chapters and got them scheduled. I'm excited to write more, somehow I'm in a great mood lately. For writing at least. Either the exam season has fried my brain completely or I'm just more creative! Hope all of your muses are kissing you today!

my muse is Amanda so that might be weird.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @DreamsInPixels What errors do you get? My only one so far is MC Dresser. And I wish I knew how to fix it.

And hello everyone! :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    @DreamsInPixels What errors do you get? My only one so far is MC Dresser. And I wish I knew how to fix it.

I was getting the LastException errors, meaning bad mod or cc.
  • Options

sometimes its just a outdated meaning it hasn't been updated for a while. i use a adhd mod that was from 2015 i think so i get last exception a lot.but i need it for my story.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 I figured it out after 2.5 hours of 50/50. It was toddler beds causing the errors. So phew! #CrisisAverted

I'm doing some last minute polishing and brainstorming before I play and start the story. I did take some test screenshots to test photoshop actions with the reshade settings.

Awesome! Glad you figured it out. I try not to use many mods or CC because I know I'd get really frustrated doing the 50/50 thing but the ones I use I couldn't play without. So what do you do put your screenshots into photoshop to change the shadings? Or just some of them? I only change the file size so they aren't massive.

Oh and hello @LegacySims2017 :)
  • Options

sometimes its just a outdated meaning it hasn't been updated for a while. i use a adhd mod that was from 2015 i think so i get last exception a lot.but i need it for my story.

I know. The Last exception notifications were driving me nuts. So I had to fix it. Luckily the creator of the beds were aware of the error and updated it.

@Rainydayz179 I adjust lots of things on the pics to change the atmosphere, aesthetic, and feel of the story. Shaders, color adjustments, filters...etc. Also resize because massive pics are massive.
  • Options

I know. The Last exception notifications were driving me nuts. So I had to fix it. Luckily the creator of the beds were aware of the error and updated it.

@Rainydayz179 I adjust lots of things on the pics to change the atmosphere, aesthetic, and feel of the story. Shaders, color adjustments, filters...etc. Also resize because massive pics are massive.

oh thats what i need to do.i have gimp but i forgot to play around with it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Here's some of my latest edits @Rainydayz179 and anyone else interested.
    tumblr_otp8yk6uwZ1wqdccmo1_1280.png
    tumblr_otp8sw1ClG1wqdccmo1_1280.png

They're far more warm and soft than unedited screenshots. I'm still playing around with photoshop actions, but I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Also~ those are sneak peeks of my new story. Helena looks like a total Disney Princess in the bottom pic lol.

I wish I knew how to use gimp, but I'm lost whenever I open it. Hubby is trying to get me to use it because he thinks it's better than photoshop lol.

Edit: Forgot spoiler tags for pics.
  • Options
    Here's some of my latest edits @Rainydayz179 and anyone else interested.
    tumblr_otp8yk6uwZ1wqdccmo1_1280.png
    tumblr_otp8sw1ClG1wqdccmo1_1280.png

They're far more warm and soft than unedited screenshots. I'm still playing around with photoshop actions, but I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Also~ those are sneak peeks of my new story. Helena looks like a total Disney Princess in the bottom pic lol.

I wish I knew how to use gimp, but I'm lost whenever I open it. Hubby is trying to get me to use it because he thinks it's better than photoshop lol.

Edit: Forgot spoiler tags for pics.

i don't know how to use it either.
  • Options

Sounds like a lot of work, lol. I think I may be just a bit too lazy for that and I can never understand how to do much of anything. I used to edit actual photos a lot years ago but that's it. Like @friendsfan367 I have Gimp. But all I do is the batch image manipulation to format and compress the giant screenshots. I don't know how to do anything else either! :D

That last pic she looks like a doll! So cute.
  • Options
    I'm using GIMP a lot for everything I do! Since I'm also into digital art, I went through everything once and decided that GIMP is the product I like best. It's also the cheapest :joy:

Those edits look so nice and warm! Helena totally looks like a curly-haired Belle from Beauty and the Beast!
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @DreamsInPixels & @Rainydayz179
    Was MC Dresser part of your errors? Wondering if I should check if CC is erroring that.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Asaoyoru GIMP is definitely the cheapest ;)
    I use it as well-- I've done some dabbling into cc creation with it and I also use it to make the banners for the Monthly Short Story Challenge
    If anyone needs help, you're more than welcome to pm me.
  • Options
    @DreamsInPixels & @Rainydayz179
    Was MC Dresser part of your errors? Wondering if I should check if CC is erroring that.

Naw, mine was a mod that I hadn't updated. I've never had MC Dresser throw errors but I'd say you're probably right about it being a CC issue causing it. You could always ask someone. There's a forum thread here and a couple discord channels for MCCC.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Rainydayz179 HI! Aren't you glad you posted that Kindness Bench post the other day? Look what you started! :) All sorts of wonderfulness...

@everyone Hi! :blush: So happy you're here and posting and you're enjoying a quieter room! You know what? I remembered that a few years ago, one of my friends mentioned that she felt lost in the Lounge because it was so big and noisy, and I said, "We should create a thread called 'The Quiet Room!'" Took a few years, but it looks like we finally did! Only "The Fringe" is a way cooler name! :smiley:

Will you all please take a second, if you haven't yet, to look over the first few posts on the first page? There I describe the type of community I hope to create and propose a few guidelines.

Now that we're in the getting-started phase, it's the perfect time to make revisions, additions, adjustments, and subtractions both to the community description and the guidelines. Please share your responses and suggestions! Thanks! :)

So glad you're all here! <3
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!