Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fringe

Comments

• ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hi, all! I hope the same as @allysimbuilds !

@friendsfan367 More love's coming your way! And hugs! I can empathize a bit since I lost my Dad when I was little. Still, the stories about him will exist forever.

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @ninaumi Hi! Haven't seen you in a bit! Hope you're feeling fine and enjoying August summer days! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    ninaumi wrote: »

@friendsfan367 More love's coming your way! And hugs! I can empathize a bit since I lost my Dad when I was little. Still, the stories about him will exist forever.

thanks the one story i rember i can't tell here. it in appropriate. but funny because it made mom laugh after the funeral.

thanks the one story i rember i can't tell here. it in appropriate. but funny because it made mom laugh after the funeral.

Those are the best stories, right? :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

which part inapporiate story or made mom laugh.

Those inappropriate stories that can only be retold in certain settings are the best stories. And it's cool that you made mom laugh--I bet she needed it!

Those inappropriate stories that can only be retold in certain settings are the best stories. And it's cool that you made mom laugh--I bet she needed it!

she did.
    today i felt a little guilty. i was playing words with friends with mom and one of the words i spelled was dead. the only word i had letters for.
    today i felt a little guilty. i was playing words with friends with mom and one of the words i spelled was dead. the only word i had letters for.

That's OK. It's maybe even a sign that things are getting back to normal that you can even write that word.

That's OK. It's maybe even a sign that things are getting back to normal that you can even write that word.

i still can't say or hear it.

OK... well, we won't say it then.

i can see it. and type it. which is weird.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member

I think that sometimes it's easier to process or handle things when they're in text-form. Maybe being able to write it and see it is a start of things getting back to normal-ish.

Lots of love and support for you once again, @friendsfan367 . :heart:
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

I think that sometimes it's easier to process or handle things when they're in text-form. Maybe being able to write it and see it is a start of things getting back to normal-ish.

processing things in text form is how I process my emotions, @RipuAncestor and @friendsfan367. It's actually quite healthy and cathartic. Take your time, @friendsfan367. Hugs.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

processing things in text form is how I process my emotions, @RipuAncestor and @friendsfan367. It's actually quite healthy and cathartic. Take your time, @friendsfan367. Hugs.[/quote

that makes sense.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    hi everyone I been back since like a bit after lunch time from Stratford, Ontario
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    hi everyone I been back since like a bit after lunch time from Stratford, Ontario

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

I forgot to metnion a little "adventure" on the way to the Oshawa station to get onto the VIA train in the first place
    6adMCGP.gif
    I'm doing a bit of research about Canada's "Canadian Theatre Agreement" it might answer my question about how to Stratford's festival actors get paid? Since the plays start in May and go to October and then they rehearse for the next year's plays
    6adMCGP.gif
    moving this up
    6adMCGP.gif
    I'm doing a bit of research about Canada's "Canadian Theatre Agreement" it might answer my question about how to Stratford's festival actors get paid? Since the plays start in May and go to October and then they rehearse for the next year's plays

That sounds interesting! My guess is that it's not a full-time gig but that they have other work. I'll be interested to learn what you find out!

Hey, wouldn't it be fun to do a Sims story about a theater troupe?

It could be a really neat collab!

Like I need another project Free Idea! Free Idea! Please take it so I don't do it! :)

edited August 2017

That sounds interesting! My guess is that it's not a full-time gig but that they have other work. I'll be interested to learn what you find out!

Like I need another project Free Idea! Free Idea! Please take it so I don't do it! :)

@CathyTea Actually the theatre(s) are in agreement with the Artists (which includes not only the performers but behind the scene folks as well-you know director, fighting captain, and if there's dance the choreographer). And basically for the (Swanson) legacy I am all those BTS folks-as soon as they're either (for the BTS folks hired) or when the Actors are auditoning-for instance if the script or some other materieal that a person is suppose to read/sing from isn't available to the "public" the theatre is responsible for providing the stuff. If the company is touring it's the theatre responsibility to providing housing. If for some reason during either rehearsal OR during play days (or nights)-an artist misses a meal, it's the theatre's job to provide it. They're also responsible for getting the Artisits to and from the theatre unless the person drives there (or walks themselves there if they lived across from theatre!-(that actually did happen-in 2010 Mom and I went to Stratford for the 1st time and saw Christopher Plummer in the TEMPEST and 2 years later we did a BTS of the Stratford Festival Theatre and we learned that during Plummer's time he stayed accross the street from the theatre and would get inside the theatre about 10mins before the show started). There's is a free day for all Artists for the Shakespeare festival it's Mondays.

@CathyTea only play is the "American" way is difference then the Canadian/Briitsh way of spelling "Theatre" so that would be confusing if more then one person was doing a collab of a theatre troupe.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Hello everyone! How are you all? I just wanted to stop in and say hello.

This month I planned to spend all my time pre-writing, but that hasn't happened. Instead, I've been burning through books like wildfire and writing poetry.

Thanks to whoever recommended Big Magic! I finished that one this morning. It was definitely worth the read! :)

Also, @friendsfan367 Happy happy birthday! I always get excited to find out that someone shares my birth month! Hope you enjoy the day! :)
    ny275 wrote: »

This month I planned to spend all my time pre-writing, but that hasn't happened. Instead, I've been burning through books like wildfire and writing poetry.

Thanks to whoever recommended Big Magic! I finished that one this morning. It was definitely worth the read! :)

Also, @friendsfan367 Happy happy birthday! I always get excited to find out that someone shares my birth month! Hope you enjoy the day! :)

when she was alive grams birthday was the 1 and mines the 17th.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    ny275 wrote: »

Hello!

I feel like I've been doing the opposite, so much writing lately. Now that I'm a bit ahead though, I'm probably going to take some time to catch up on my reading list.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison