Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Silly/Aggravating Question about MMO

Yes, I am being facetious:

If make me an offer keeps trying to offer me a world I already own (and paid full price for) and I accept that discounted price, do I get a refund? >:)

Comments

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Yes, I am being facetious:

If make me an offer keeps trying to offer me a world I already own (and paid full price for) and I accept that discounted price, do I get a refund? >:)
    No you shouldn't. You were offered a deal and it is up to you, the buyer, to determine if it is a good deal or not, if you already own the content or not. So if you accept the offer then that is your responsibility.

Like most of the Store at the moment, MMAO has always been 'broken'. :(

Though, if I recall correctly, back when Sims 3 was (sort of) supported by EA some people did manage to get a refund for what is, effectively, their own error.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Hint: Title is Silly Question
    Definition of facetious: meant to be humorous or funny : not serious

I didn't say I made an error and bought the offer. I know what I own and am not going to buy it again. I was suggesting that if they want me to buy something at 3000 points that I already paid 4000 points for, I will gladly take the 1000 point difference added back to my point bank.

Obviously I should not attempt a career as a comedienne. :#
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    That's always bothered me about MMAO~ it keeps trying to offer me the gold versions of worlds I already own, even if I bought the world + the venue it comes with separately.

I own Gold versions of Midnight Hollow and Dragon Valley, but everything else is standard. And I cannot, for the life of me, get MMAO to stop offering me stuff I already own.

I wouldn't mind if it worked the way you suggested in your OP though. If I repurchase the gold, Maxis can give me a refund.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif