Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*~The Drama Llama Reading Circle~*

Comments

• Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    First thing he asked for after surgery was his glasses. Second was a Big Mac and fries. He's going to be fine. Lol

Doctor says, "Glasses. Sure. Big Mac and fries. Not so sure." :D

He didn't get either. lol This was his second heart attack in less than a month. His first was July 27th. He really hates the hospital diet plan. He's on a heart healthy diet as well as diabetic diet. He said it's a diet of nothing good and nothing with flavor.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    Hello, I'm not sure if I should be posting here, but I would love to join a reading circle but I am daunted by the much larger ones since I'm relatively new to all this. This one seems lovely, and the stories are all interesting. Am I eligible to join? I would love to share my story with a circle! :)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    ajamkeevin wrote: »
    Hello, I'm not sure if I should be posting here, but I would love to join a reading circle but I am daunted by the much larger ones since I'm relatively new to all this. This one seems lovely, and the stories are all interesting. Am I eligible to join? I would love to share my story with a circle! :)

I am @LegacySims2017 and I approve this message. :grin:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    Hello @ajamkeevin. I am fine with you joining us. It is up to the others also though.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Sounds good @ajamkeevin. :)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Heyyyy there cool kids.
    @Acarb90 said they wouldn't mind er, expanding the circle with a seventh corner heptagons are kinda circular, right? A bit on the pointy side but pretty roundish, right? if I was interested in joining, and I am interested in taking that offer if you'll have me.

I'm a pretty quiet reader, and by that I mean I'm kinda shy on the comment making and liking posts deal, but I've been trying to make myself a little more apparent, though I do forget to post comments when I mean to still... :^) I'm in two other circles, but I was told this one's pretty relaxed so there isn't much pressure. :)
    (Plus this circle pretty much has stories I was meaning to get around to reading, but I'm pretty forgetful someimes so I only remember last minute when I'm sleepy :sob:)
    Good morning, Cement! You have my vote!
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Every time I think I can get ahead on the stories, life happens. I am currently setting in the waiting room at the hospital. My sister's ex-husband is in surgery following his second heart attack in a two week period. Could have brought my laptop, but was in a rush to get here so they could take him to surgery.

Wow...you're sweet to care about her ex. I don't have any ties with my sister's ex!

Hope he's all right.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Heyyyy there cool kids.
    @Acarb90 said they wouldn't mind er, expanding the circle with a seventh corner heptagons are kinda circular, right? A bit on the pointy side but pretty roundish, right? if I was interested in joining, and I am interested in taking that offer if you'll have me.

I'm a pretty quiet reader, and by that I mean I'm kinda shy on the comment making and liking posts deal, but I've been trying to make myself a little more apparent, though I do forget to post comments when I mean to still... :^) I'm in two other circles, but I was told this one's pretty relaxed so there isn't much pressure. :)
    (Plus this circle pretty much has stories I was meaning to get around to reading, but I'm pretty forgetful someimes so I only remember last minute when I'm sleepy :sob:)

I started your story a long time ago and have been MEANING to keep up but since you're quiet...ha...I haven't seen it pop up, so YAAAS! Would love for you to join! (my vote, anyway!)

@ajamkeevin You avi looks interesting. Looking forward to reading!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Every time I think I can get ahead on the stories, life happens. I am currently setting in the waiting room at the hospital. My sister's ex-husband is in surgery following his second heart attack in a two week period. Could have brought my laptop, but was in a rush to get here so they could take him to surgery.

Wow...you're sweet to care about her ex. I don't have any ties with my sister's ex!

Hope he's all right.

He was doing good when I left last night. Him and my sister have three kids together. They all lived with me for 7 years after their house burnt down. I can't just cut him out of my life. All of his family except the kids live out of town. The oldest of the kids is only 15. They needed someone of legal age at the hospital during his surgery. My sister was out of town working. My mom and I went and sat there waiting.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    edited August 2017
    Thank you to everyone who responded positively to my request! I hope that 4/5 yeses means that I'm good to go. Honestly, I'm a little bit nervous about joining a reading circle but I couldn't be a part of a better one than one called Drama Llama :wink: I'm all about the drama!

I'm Kevin, otherwise known as ajmkv (my username is an earlier version of that from yeeeeears ago and it's a bit cringey now but hey), and this summer I've fallen in love with writing and reading Sim stories and legacies. I've always had elaborate stories to go along with my sims but I never started writing or sharing them until a couple months ago. I figured that given all of the time I spend on this, it would only be appropriate to come onto a forum like this to join in on the fun! I hope that you all enjoy my story - I'm definitely excited to catch up on all of yours very shortly.

My story is a little different, at least in the format. The context of the drama is an elimination-style reality show that gathers 14 of my sims in one house. The story is both plot-driven (I think of the challenges and the overarching storylines) and game-driven (because sometimes the sims will do unexpected things that fit into the storyline I've planned), so I hope that's OK! The plan for my story is to create a whole universe with many sub stories happening, all revolving around the show. The writing is a little like a script for a show with dialogue, descriptions, and confessionals, all of which drive the story. Right now, since it's in its first episodes, I'm finding my way, but I'm hoping that soon the stories will be fleshing out and I can stop depending on the challenge-elimination structure. (Sorry this is so long-winded!)

lCd2a1E.jpg

There are 14 contestants in this "season" (season 2, season 1 was "lost" since I never took any screenshots when I was playing it - I feel like it'll be like a retro "lost season" later on because I do want to write about it!), each with distinct personalities and storylines, and one leaves after each episode until we have our winner! I'll stop talking now and just post the links, but I hope y'all enjoy reading and that you'll give me some feedback!

Here is the thread.
    Here is my blog.

I hope this doesn't come off as too eager, I'm just excited. :flushed:
    Welcome, Kevin. I am adding your story to my reading list. :)
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Sorry @ajamkeevin i didnt get around to saying yes!

Ive been super busy this week but i will have time tonight to add you both.

Also is everyone ok with no really having a reading schedule and just going by updates? Or maybe we should wait until everyone is caught up on all the stories?
    THIRTYT(2).png
    I am caught up on everybody's except our two newest members. :) I will be reading them today.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    :'(:'(

Im only caught up on trips.

Im halfway through pammie's and then im going to start yours after gen 1. Im also a couple chapters in legacys
    THIRTYT(2).png
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    :'(:'(

Im only caught up on trips.

Im halfway through pammie's and then im going to start yours after gen 1. Im also a couple chapters in legacys

You may want to start mine after reading Pammie's second generation. The characters in mine that I borrowed from Pammie's story come from her generation 2 and 3.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    I've read all of Metro and only 15 chapters into No Stars Over Uptown .
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Keep a phone number for a good shrink on speed dial as you read Uptown. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    edited August 2017
    Whoo, thank you :) And hello/welcome to you, @ajamkeevin :)

I'll introduce myself too!
    Hello, I'm Cement. My name is Audrey, but I get freaked when I read it referred to me so I do prefer my handle over my name. :joy: I'm a lover of really bad pickup lines and have generic hobbies any generic artsy kid would have that include painting, drawing, instrument playing (piano and the brass instrument variety)--but I consider writing to be one of my favorite hobbies of them all.
    I er, also get a little goofy sometimes and say bad puns every now and again when I can't resist. Since you guys are pretty chill, I hope my childish behavior is acceptable--If not, I'll put on my adult pants and be an adult :joy:

I don't think I'm an amazing writer despite writing on and off, and I love looking to improve myself! Don't be shy to tell me if you found a typo or anything :)
    My story is called White Lies and Half Truths, and the TLDR version of the summary is that it's about some guy who picked up a garbage baby, and er... Bad stuff happens. Murders. Lots of murders and everyone in my story is a dirty liar or was affected by such. :joy:
    (There's a lot of blood sometimes, but for the more graphic parts I do put in a warning. Rest are just generic scenes with blood.)
    It goes through the "present" and the "past" quite often, (even the farther past as well) and is indicated by the saturation of my images. Hmmm... What else...
    Ah, right.
    My characters/sims in my story are townies and sims I started the game with in 2014 when I got it, so ironically, my story is game-driven. I did a lot of weird stuff while trying to figure out the game, and the truth of my story is that it's basically a giant excuse for everything I did then. :joy:
    Since everything is indeed connected to my playthroughs, I also have another story I'm planning on finishing and screenshotting, hopefully this fall or during winter. That one's sci-fi if anyone's interested, haha :joy:

I'll edit this with links when I get on my craptop, I'm currently internally debating with myself if I should pick up my labcoat today or slack off again, hehehe
    Post edited by Cement on
    If silliness is not permitted, I'd be in a lot of trouble. Go ahead and be silly, Cement. That's what makes life fun.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Ugh, I have to do some errands but y'all are making it so hard with your magnificent stories. I can't put them down!

Welcome, @Cement ! Your story sounds fascinating, I do love me a good thriller~
    Yayy :joy:

I'll get to reading later today. I'll probably try and see who has the longest story to do read that one first, or go down the list. :)
    Don't read mine on an empty stomach or you'll find yourself in the kitchen making pancakes. :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Read the first two generations of Pammie's before mine. Mine uses characters from her first three generations and incorporates the backstories from hers into it. Generation three is safe to read along with mine. No spoilers in mine for it since that's where the character's kinda went different ways.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    I am taking a break from Sims 4 for a few days since I now have the rest of this week's chapters done and ready to post. I'm playing in Sims 3 a little bit. It was the only one I never played before so giving it a shot.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656