Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Hey you made it! ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Do you like the name?? :smiley:
    THIRTYT(2).png
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Do you like the name?? :smiley:

I do! Won't change that.

Now, stuff we might actually need to think of:

1. How many people we want in the group.
    2. Any kind of discussion schedule or even how we approach it (kind of my weak spot)
    3. Introductions :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
    1. Well maybe we should start off small. Like 4-6 members? I think the average number here is like 8?
    2. This is tough lol. My schedule is kinda crazy in the summer so I think maybe biweekly or maybe just random for now. Basically whenever everyone has time!
    3. Hi I'm alex :smiley: (can we say real names here?) I've been sim lit writing since 2011. I published 2 stories on modthesims. West of somewhere(teen drama that got cancelled when my game crashed :( ) and pulse(supernatural drama that I never finished due to me,losing interest and low activity on the forums). Neither of these issues will happen with metro!! Mostly because those were sims3 stories and sims 4 is wayyyyyyyyyy easier to use for stories
    THIRTYT(2).png
    Six sounds like a good cap for now. And I know a lot of the bigger circles started out with fewer members.

Plus it might give us time to catch up on stories...when we get new members. Thankfully I'm all set with Metro for now!

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Sounds good to me!

I'm almost done with no stars. Trying not to read too fast because I don't want to see poor Thu get hurt <\3
    THIRTYT(2).png
    And intros:

Just call me Trip. :) Even simmers who know me on a more personal basis have trouble associating me with my real name.

I moderate the forums for Carl's Guides and used to write more all-ages fare that was acceptable to post there. I moved to WordPress in 2015 when I wanted to write more adult work instead. So far other works on WP include Eight Cicadas (RIP, hoping to reboot it one day) and some short stories. I can easily say that No Stars over Uptown is the most dramatic by virtue of being the least funny of anything I write.

I like TS3 and TS4 for storytelling pretty equally, for different reasons. TS3 has diverse worlds and customization and some pretty stellar modding after eight years, while TS4 has speed and facial expressions (and the right face is key for drama).

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Sounds good to me!

I'm almost done with no stars. Trying not to read too fast because I don't want to see poor Thu get hurt <\3

Thu getting hurt is the least of the issues in Trip's story. Lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    edited July 2017
    @Skcaga6: Thu will hurt but Lil Axel aches. :smirk:

Are you interested in joining the circle? No pressure, just curious.
    Post edited by InfraGreen on

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Sure, but my story is not fully plot driven. It's kind of a hybrid. More game driven, but I force the pictures to fit the plot in my head. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    That's fine :)
    THIRTYT(2).png
    Count me in! lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Awesome! Would you be able to Link your story? :)

Btw @InfraGreen I just read the chapter with the church. Its so beautiful! Kinda makes me wish I set my story in a,place with seasons lol
    THIRTYT(2).png
    edited July 2017
    Not on my laptop at the moment. The picture in my siggy links directly to my story though.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    On laptop now. Here is my story link.

https://anothersims4world.wordpress.com/pieces-of-time/
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Thanks!

Yea I hate how sigs don't show up on phones lol
    THIRTYT(2).png
    My iPad cuts them off also. It's annoying.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Here is my brief intro.

My name is Kristi. You can call me that or by my ID name. Either is fine. I have a few different stories going right now, but Pieces of Time is my main focus at the moment. I do have Trip's Axel involved in a Rosebud challenge that is on the same blog. It is my go to save when I'm in a bad mood. lol Axel earned the torture. I play my games with little drama since my real life seems to be so full of it at the moment. Ever work in a soup kitchen? It's full of drama of some sort (usually involving fights among the homeless or cops popping in frequently looking for someone). That's my life every morning. Feeding the drama filled homeless. I love it, but doesn't pay the bills so starting this fall, I'm going back to teaching.

I have read Trip's story. I will get to yours, Alex, as soon as I finish the one that I started binging yesterday. My story is a quick one with short chapters. I post new chapters on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at midnight. There may be an occasional weekend chapter if I get a decent number written ahead of time. Currently I have all of next weeks chapters finished and a couple for the following week.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Welcome @Skcaga6!

@Acarb90: Yeah Windenburg winter is incredible. I did use the snow mod in San Myshuno for one chapter. I'm in the camp that uses San Francisco as the IRL point of reference for the city, and once in a blue moon, it does snow there.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Hmmm well I did mention in my story that it's northern California so maybe I will use those mods lol. Do the,leaves change color too?

@Skcaga6 I semi know how you feel I work in an animal shelter. Its a really tough job and we get lots of crazy ppl as well. Mostly ppl flip out when they are told they have to spay/neuter their pet before they can take them home. Once a guy started yelling about how we are going to make ball soup with his dogs...well you know xD
    THIRTYT(2).png
    I had the option of working in the animal shelter, but my apartment isn't large enough for me to work that job. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    I am all caught up on both stories now.

@Acarb90, I LOVE Leo and Ren. They are so cute together.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I am all caught up on both stories now.

@Acarb90, I LOVE Leo and Ren. They are so cute together.

@Skcaga6: I know right? Instant ship. :p I related with Ren's story too much, especially feeling the need to suck it up and at least try dating the opposite sex.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Aww thanks guys<3 Reo is also my favorite ship. Its funny that in my original game before I even thought of the story they were both with different sims (roxie and ren actually got married!). I got the idea when they were flirting randomly lol.

I started your story @Skcaga6 and I really like it! I like how short the chapters are and how you mix gameplay with storylines. Dumb sim moments are funny sometimes . (Like when that guy showed up to the wedding half naked xD)

@InfraGreen I just read the chapter where axel walks out on his family. What a jerk! I can't believe I ever thought he was innocent lol
    THIRTYT(2).png
    @Acarb90: I'm forever gonna love the Christmas/New Year's arc of Uptown and hate confirmed d.ckhole Axel. :p A very...memorable chapter is up next.

@Skcaga6: the game is the ultimate drama producer tbh. ;)

outrun / blog / tunglr