Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wall-Mounted Community Speakers Will Not Play Custom Music

Every other station works correctly (although I swear it played the one station once) and normal radios play fine, but selecting the Custom Music station? Silence, and audio waves. I'm on 1.69, but I'm afraid I can't try anything out until tomorrow morning.

All I just want to play is In The Name of Love, Crazy, and She's Electric in my Sunset Valley sports bar, but that just can't happen. Is it so much to ask for, game?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    I think it might be. This is a feature that I believe was never extended to the wall mounted speakers. How about if, as a compromise, you place some standard stereos in these locations? That won't give you the multi-room effect that the wall mounts do, but I think you should at least be able to hear the music in one room at a time that way.

Oh, and if you are not able to place standard speakers on a commercial lot (I keep forgetting about restrictions like this since I don't see them) and are not averse to using mods, then Buzzler's Build/Buy Restriction "Breaker" (the real word is censored here) should do the trick. It's part of his Builder's Stuff collection.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=450059
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • frostpotfrostpot Posts: 208 Member
    The problem is, I only installed these so I can have speakers playing music to the other half of the room - past the bar, This Is The One will become completely inaudiable, even on maximum volume. And while I know wiring stereo systems in the bar is possible, it sounds like an absolute pain to do, and also doesn't look very professional for my liking.

Is there some kind of mod that fixes this? If EA did a bad and forgot to patch this in, then I hope there's a way around it that doesn't involve having to use one of EA's custom hipster tracks amidst the rest of mine. If not, that'll be a real shame - someone should make a mod for that, I knoew I'm not alone on this.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    edited July 2017
    You can have a handy sim upgrade the stereo to "wire the house for sound" and then you don't need the wall mounts.

Oh, sorry, I didn't see you don't want to do that. :D Nothing to suggest, then.
  • frostpotfrostpot Posts: 208 Member
    Alright, just got up. I think I'll have a peep at them at S3PE. If nothing comes of it, I think I'll be boned unless a mod comes out.