Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying The Sims 4 on console?

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @mirta000 wrote: »

None of the YouTubers have this issue, nor do I. And we all have high end gaming PC's in common.

I DO however see it when I play on a Laptop not made for gaming when I'm away from home and I'm bored.

People assume because the game can run initially, it should be able to run that way for a long time. However, a weaker PC can only take so much.

These issues won't appear on console because the consoles are powerful enough to play The Sims 4.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @mirta000 wrote: »

None of the YouTubers have this issue, nor do I. And we all have high end gaming PC's in common.

I DO however see it when I play on a Laptop not made for gaming when I'm away from home and I'm bored.

People assume because the game can run initially, it should be able to run that way for a long time. However, a weaker PC can only take so much.

These issues won't appear on console because the consoles are powerful enough to play The Sims 4.

my PC, the PC that has the issue is more powerful than current gen consoles. I never tried to play TS4 on a laptop. This issue is experienced by a wide range of different PCs.

If specs are somehow the problem then you need to aim higher than mine. Which is higher than PS4 and Xbox one, meaning the point of this getting ported stands. Also if the problem is specs, this is such a major issue, that you should raise minimum requirement above where simulation lag no longer occurs. Which currently would be above NASA level of computing.

Youtubers don't have it? How many of them did you see playing at Speed 4? Or speed 3? How many of them do multi-generational families and not a "OMG, let's look and listen to this random dude singing in City Living for 5 minutes real time!". Bet you anything, a lot of them do this to hide it.

It has already been commented on the thread that not only The Sims 4 has networking code in it for multiplayer, but it's written in 2 different languages with translator needing to translate between the two. After a while that process bogs down.

As for you not having it, you're either very lucky, or lying. Can you show me a single family that you have that is at least at generation 4, with at least 4 sims in the household and can you film playing full 24 sim hours on speed 3 please? Has to be on current update version as well, as ultimately it was the pre-City Living patch that made this much much worse.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Too many games I plan to buy on the PS4, reeee.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I've pre-ordered for my Xbox. I've bought everything sims-related for the PC or consoles I have owned since TS1 came out. I wasn't going to bother with this one because it is so similar to the PC version but I just couldn't stop myself!!!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    I think only a handful of folk here would buy the game all over again on console. The console version is not targeted at us existing players, but rather at those people that only have a console as their gaming experience.

It makes no sense to me that there is even a sniff of competition between those of us that like to play games, be it on whatever platform.

I started playing games with pieces of cut out card with numbers written on them on the dining room table when a basic computer needed to be housed in a warehouse. (Oooo.... the kitchen table is cooler noob).

Games are games.

I picked my PS4 up for 150 Pounds Sterling and it included Horizon Zero Dawn on release and a spare controller, so the way I see it, this release brings a one of kind game into the reach of many more people.

There are reasons people prefer what type of platform a game is built for..mainly their own personal tastes, we all know console games are more linear, shooting, goal orieniented, focused on level type playing etc. That's why some of us are strictly pc gamers and have no interests in those or any multi player game or any rpg/linear/level climbing games. There are different platforms for different reasons, and usually phone games are for the those who aren't really interested in indepth stories, adventure and sandbox but to level up and get the endorphen highs that come with accomplishment. Those who play consoles are a totally different breed and if they can't see why people prefer pc gaming then that just proves console gamers will never understand a pc gamer, ever. Some float back and forth but each niche has their own die hard fans of platforms and there are a thousand reasons for those niches.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JerkFace18JerkFace18 Posts: 2 New Member
    I only see myself purchasing The Sims 4 for console if they integrate either couch/online co-op. Many die hard sims fans who have it for the PC and MAC, like myself, wouldn't want to repurchase the game all over again when we can just simply continue to play with what we have now. I feel a way they can implement online co-op would be like how Minecraft works online for consoles, where one person is the host of the private lobby and the others can only join to play so long as the host is playing within the same game session (for those who play Minecraft, you know what I mean). The sims on console could perhaps work with the same guidelines and just like Minecraft you can choose to either play alone or with your close friends. Even if we may not get direct control of the sims while in co-op it would still be an amazing adventure to be able to enjoy playing Sims 4 with your close friends. It's way over due for many sims fans to be left to just play solo for so many years. We deserve the opportunity to have the OPTION at least if not with The Sims 4 then for the next future Sims franchise!
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think only a handful of folk here would buy the game all over again on console. The console version is not targeted at us existing players, but rather at those people that only have a console as their gaming experience.

It makes no sense to me that there is even a sniff of competition between those of us that like to play games, be it on whatever platform.

I started playing games with pieces of cut out card with numbers written on them on the dining room table when a basic computer needed to be housed in a warehouse. (Oooo.... the kitchen table is cooler noob).

Games are games.

I picked my PS4 up for 150 Pounds Sterling and it included Horizon Zero Dawn on release and a spare controller, so the way I see it, this release brings a one of kind game into the reach of many more people.

There are reasons people prefer what type of platform a game is built for..mainly their own personal tastes, we all know console games are more linear, shooting, goal orieniented, focused on level type playing etc. That's why some of us are strictly pc gamers and have no interests in those or any multi player game or any rpg/linear/level climbing games. There are different platforms for different reasons, and usually phone games are for the those who aren't really interested in indepth stories, adventure and sandbox but to level up and get the endorphen highs that come with accomplishment. Those who play consoles are a totally different breed and if they can't see why people prefer pc gaming then that just proves console gamers will never understand a pc gamer, ever. Some float back and forth but each niche has their own die hard fans of platforms and there are a thousand reasons for those niches.

I am not entirely sure what you are saying here.

I am not sure putting people in categories is helpful. I am a gamer (among other things) and play games on PC, console, tabletop and have even been known to hit a ball with a bat. So what breed does that make me?

In terms of this game being released for console then it brings the game to those people who only have a console for whatever reasons, which could range from it being a lot cheaper than getting a PC to they only want the specific exclusive games offered by that platform with each offering its own range of exclusives.

As far as I am aware 'multi player game or any rpg/linear/level climbing games' are available on all platforms. Sure the PC does have a particular set of games that would be difficult to play without a keyboard and mouse.

When it comes to buying a game my decision making process is - is it available on PC? Yes. Buy it for PC. If not, buy it on appropriate platform. This is because I have shelled out a fair amount of brass to buy a PC capable of gaming and it cost a lot more than the 150 quid my PS4 cost me.

I wouldn't buy The Sims for my PS4 as it is a better experience on my PC. I also buy RPGs, open world games for PC as well for the same reason. I will use a controller if it makes sense to do so. I own consoles for the exclusives and a console also gives me a top notch blu-ray player with a truly lovely audio source (default sound cards in PCs are generally beyond awful).

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • CxpmemeCxpmeme Posts: 76 Member
    Nah, I don't own a console so it would be pointless buying it :lol:
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    No, because the last console I bought was the Wii.
    So I don't own any PS or XBox.
    I only have Nintendo systems, lol.
    When consoles started with the "download additional characters, levels, etc" for more money, because the $60 is not enough - we want more $$$$$$$, I stopped. :p
    (makes me sad, since this is the first Zelda game I don't own :'( , it comes with the Switch, and will have more add-ons as digital only purchases)
    I prefer my console games to be on the disc, entire game, end of story.
    (I couldn't care less if others don't agree. It's my choice, my money, not theirs. Besides, even if I changed my mind, and wasn't worried about losing my games if my console died, I can't even get my hands on a Switch, it was sold out around lunchtime the first day it came out, where I am.)
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    No because I don't own a console and I much prefer to play sims on a PC
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Lesfem420Lesfem420 Posts: 32 Member
    > I currently play on mac and would be interested how it is on PS4
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    No, because the last console I bought was the Wii.
    So I don't own any PS or XBox.
    I only have Nintendo systems, lol.
    When consoles started with the "download additional characters, levels, etc" for more money, because the $60 is not enough - we want more $$$$$$$, I stopped. :p
    (makes me sad, since this is the first Zelda game I don't own :'( , it comes with the Switch, and will have more add-ons as digital only purchases)
    I prefer my console games to be on the disc, entire game, end of story.
    (I couldn't care less if others don't agree. It's my choice, my money, not theirs. Besides, even if I changed my mind, and wasn't worried about losing my games if my console died, I can't even get my hands on a Switch, it was sold out around lunchtime the first day it came out, where I am.)

The Wii was my last one too I still have it but just use it for working out not for gaming. I much prefer PC gaming.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • LaffyTaffyGamezLaffyTaffyGamez Posts: 1 New Member
    If you have The Sims 4 of PC will you be able to get console for free?
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    So it the sims4 coming to consols whow annoyed would you be if they got suff the we didn't (as PC & Mac players) lke a diving bord or a extra world or weather/sesons or would you not care? I would be pritty annoyed.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    About as annoyed as I am to see the general discussions forum fill up with console threads-that's a lot. I am so ready for seasons to be released and tired of waiting.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Not happening. The stuff coming to consoles is ported over from the PC version. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15919910#Comment_15919910
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't try to imagine a scenerio to become annoyed in. Life is hard enough without setting that up. That said I don't see it happening and since it's a platform I don't play it really wouldn't matter to me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Well, I guess , Im going to be the only one joining you in the 'annoyed' party. That would be frustrating for me.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    About as annoyed as I am to see the general discussions forum fill up with console threads-that's a lot. I am so ready for seasons to be released and tired of waiting.

This and I don't see any value in contemplating my annoyance over something that has been made clear won't happen.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    If you have The Sims 4 of PC will you be able to get console for free?
    Sadly No.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I would be annoyed, but I don't see it happening, either.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • hughughughug Posts: 82 Member
    I would have to buy the console :D. I would guess that people who already own the Sims 4 on PC will probably not be buying it, but I could be wrong.
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Nope! Won't be buying
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Of course not. I have it on PC. I play on my tv by plugging the hdmi cable from my PC into my tv. If I want to use my controller there is xpadder, joytokey, etc...
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited August 2017
    Assuming the console versions are essentially the same as the PC version ( minus cheat codes and the ability to mod it ), nope. Sure, there might be something to separate the console version from the PC version ( such as the Sims 3 where in the console, there were certain magical abilities you could use ), but that's not enough to make the console version exceed the value of modding the game.

I'm not even entirely sure why console versions of these games are necessary, excluding those that don't have a PC, but have just a console.