Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying The Sims 4 on console?

Comments

• FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member

Well, my PC broke..... :'( and until I will be able to buy a new one, I decided to try the console version. I mean living without sims ? Impossible, right ? :p
    The only thing I'm worried about is, that we can't use mods. Sims4 without MCC ? MCC fix a lot of problems and bugs EA/Maxis is not able or not interested to fix and players have finally control about the game.
    I hope they going to change that in the future, because if you can mod Skyrim and Fallout4, why not the Sims4 ?
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    I think I definitely am. I have been trying to play The Sims 2, but I cannot deny that its age is showing :neutral: . My laptop is not a gaming laptop and I don't think it'd run Sims 4 and its expansions with the best performance (which is what I want). I downloaded the free trial just to try it out and it was on medium settings and I couldn't do it haha. So I am excited to play a Sims game that is built for my xbox!
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I will buy it for console because I can easily get game packs this way unlike the PC version where you have to use your ID online and I don't trust the internet when it comes to using my ID, soo yea.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Jinx23 wrote: »
    I think I definitely am. I have been trying to play The Sims 2, but I cannot deny that its age is showing :neutral: . My laptop is not a gaming laptop and I don't think it'd run Sims 4 and its expansions with the best performance (which is what I want). I downloaded the free trial just to try it out and it was on medium settings and I couldn't do it haha. So I am excited to play a Sims game that is built for my xbox!

I feel your pain. I cant max it out on my pc. I actually went into the games options files and manually changed the ligting etc so i get the lighting effects while having the lighting setting set lower in game. You cant tell the difference its clever.
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    The 1st of November I am pre ordering the Deluxe Party Edition for PS4. I know it's going to come with popular Sims like Bob Pancakes, Amber, the Goth's, Landgraabs, etc. The Sim I play with most is Bjorn Tu'Rock. Does anyone else play with him? Hope he is in the console version.
    Grease is the word!
    The 1st of November I am pre ordering the Deluxe Party Edition for PS4. I know it's going to come with popular Sims like Bob Pancakes, Amber, the Goth's, Landgraabs, etc. The Sim I play with most is Bjorn Tu'Rock. Does anyone else play with him? Hope he is in the console version.

No I dont know who that is. Not by name anyway.
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > Paulmarch76 wrote: »
    >
    > The 1st of November I am pre ordering the Deluxe Party Edition for PS4. I know it's going to come with popular Sims like Bob Pancakes, Amber, the Goth's, Landgraabs, etc. The Sim I play with most is Bjorn Tu'Rock. Does anyone else play with him? Hope he is in the console version.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No I dont know who that is. Not by name anyway.

Here he is: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bjorn_Tu%27Rock
    Grease is the word!
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > Paulmarch76 wrote: »
    >
    > The 1st of November I am pre ordering the Deluxe Party Edition for PS4. I know it's going to come with popular Sims like Bob Pancakes, Amber, the Goth's, Landgraabs, etc. The Sim I play with most is Bjorn Tu'Rock. Does anyone else play with him? Hope he is in the console version.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No I dont know who that is. Not by name anyway.

Here he is: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bjorn_Tu'Rock

Oh i remeber him.
  • AdamSimAdamSim Posts: 8 New Member
    I'll be buying it because I do all my gaming on my PS4. I just hope there's plenty of content on the console version.
    edited October 2017
    AdamSim wrote: »
    I'll be buying it because I do all my gaming on my PS4. I just hope there's plenty of content on the console version.

Me to! I hope we get all the expansions! I really dont want it to be one or two then they stop. I plan on switching permanently from my pc to my console.
  • Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    I'm getting really anxious about the release lol! Only one more month. I've been watching game play videos just getting ready.

I tried playing the Sims 3 when it first came out and hated it! The Sims 4 seems closer to Sims 2 and the type of game play that I like. I think getting used to using a console controller will be a pain, but I'm still very excited to sim again!
    edited October 2017
    Jinx23 wrote: »
    I'm getting really anxious about the release lol! Only one more month. I've been watching game play videos just getting ready.

I tried playing the Sims 3 when it first came out and hated it! The Sims 4 seems closer to Sims 2 and the type of game play that I like. I think getting used to using a console controller will be a pain, but I'm still very excited to sim again!

I agree! There hasnt been much hype\news from EA regarding the console release for some reason. I was expecting more clips and screenshots by now, i dont think we have seen any since gamescom and even then it wasnt much. The simscamp videos were great though. I know its the base game that has been out on pc for 3 years but still. Even on twitter i follow EA and i havnt seen them hype it up like the do other games. Every so often the official sims twitter will mention it though. Its all more about cats and dogs.

Edit: I pre ordered via the PlayStation store last night!
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    I have my copy pre ordered on PS4 I'm pretty excited to get to play the sims again,I've not played it in a few years.Dont have a pc to play it on.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Nope. I think the last console game I enjoyed was the Sims 2 Castaway for DS.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    Nope. I think the last console game I enjoyed was the Sims 2 Castaway for DS.

Oh i loved that game!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Castaway is an awesome sims game. I still have it on my ps2 and PSP.

I’m not too surprised by lack of info about the console version. It’s releases the same week as pets. It was always going to be in its shadow.

I’m not too surprised by lack of info about the console version. It’s releases the same week as pets. It was always going to be in its shadow.

I wish you could buy the ps2 sims games on the PlayStation store. You can play ps2 games on ps4 (digital downloads not from the disk). They have quiet a few shame the urbz and castaway are not there.

Yea i guess as its cats and dogs ep release week that makes sense. I hguess it is basically the base game thats been out for 3 years but it would be nice to see how it looks on console now compared to back at simscamp.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I wish you could buy the ps2 sims games on the PlayStation store. You can play ps2 games on ps4 (digital downloads not from the disk). They have quiet a few shame the urbz and castaway are not there.

I would totally buy them if they were there! I miss the Urbz and Bustin Out!

Its a bit of a strange decision to release The Sims for console what a week after C&D? I get the need for the Christmas market but I just see the console launch being very underwhelming.

edited October 2017

I would totally buy them if they were there! I miss the Urbz and Bustin Out!

Its a bit of a strange decision to release The Sims for console what a week after C&D? I get the need for the Christmas market but I just see the console launch being very underwhelming.

Im really hyped for it im shocked its not being advertised more. I dont run a buisness or know how they work but to me the lack of advertisement\hype seems a bit silly\risky. My biggest fear is it wont do well and we wont get all the dlc, they would just stop. I intend to make a permanent move from pc to console.
  • KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member
    There's no story mode or multiplayer, nothing new it's just a port. Like others have said, so no.
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • rachellhunrachellhun Posts: 2 New Member
    If I'm correct I would have to re-buy the game for the PS4? That is ridiculous because isn't that the whole reason of downloading it to an account like Origin? So I can play it on any device without dropping another $60.
    rachellhun wrote: »
    If I'm correct I would have to re-buy the game for the PS4? That is ridiculous because isn't that the whole reason of downloading it to an account like Origin? So I can play it on any device without dropping another $60.

I do kind of agree but i get why they have done it. They want to make money.
  • 13_souls13_souls Posts: 86 Member
    Tho i have a TV i wont, that is because only own a WII :D :'(
    how-to-play-the-sims-spend-8-hours-making-a-beautiful-family-play-as-intended-for-3-seconds-motherlode-build-dream-house-cry-over-fact-youll-never-live-there-murder-entire-family.jpg
  • bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    I am really excited for Sims 4 for console. I was watching the IGN review for it, and it looks exactly like the PC version - I have not been able to play it on my laptop because my laptop is not a gaming laptop so now I will be able to play Sims like I wanted to. I also read that they are planning to come out with many expansions and stuff packs for the console version. Super excited! :D
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I don't have a PS4. :(