Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on Midnight Hollow?

JJFABBYJJFABBY Posts: 40 Member
I'm considering buying my first world (well, aside from Riverview and the EP worlds, but I'm not counting those ones :P), mostly because I'm looking for some ways to shake up my game and add some variety to my different saves. I'm leaning towards Midnight Hollow at the moment. Anyone have any thoughts on the world or its content?

(Note to self, because I keep making the same mistake: It's not Moonlight Hollow. It's not Midnight Falls. It's a different world from Moonlight Falls. Apparently, I am having trouble figuring this out.)

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I'm currently playing a save in Midnight Hollow. It is a very dark world lighting wise. I've added a lighting mod as it was just too dark for me. Part of my challenge for me is renovating the world so there is more color. It is a great world for stories with supernaturals or strange, unusual sims. I also like the stuff that comes with the world and use it quite a bit when I play other worlds. I have all the store worlds and Midnight Hollow is not my favorite, but, it is a fun one to play in. The retail stuff that comes with it allows you to set up a store and sell things or can hire a clerk to run it. You will not make a fortune running a store. I've set up a music shop, make your own pizza shop, and a shop that sells wands for the witches. The music shop has done well and it is hilarious to see old lady Yates whip out her drum set at the park and start jammin' away on them. Good luck with your decision. It can be tough to decide between some of them.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I use a lighting mod for that world as well. Burnt Waffles has some nice ones.
    I also use lighter plant replacements that I don't think you can find on the forums any more.
  • JJFABBYJJFABBY Posts: 40 Member
    My main concern with buying it was actually the lighting, because although I like the theme, from looking at pictures, it just seems really.. well, dull. If and when I do end up getting it, I'll probably follow your lead and get a lighting mod- thanks for mentioning that.
  • GaiaWainwrongGaiaWainwrong Posts: 36 Member
    I would use that BrntWaffles mod too. Well if I actually played MH that is. I don't know what it is, but I never ended up really playing any other town than Sunset Valley and Twinbrook.