Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outraged by lack of respect for tea

ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I gotta vent....

The game is packed to the gunnels with a billion different coffees and a billion and one ways to make coffee. I know coffee is where its at and is the new drug of the masses, but I am a hardened tea drinker.

Now, we have one lousy tea pot in the game and every cup of tea made from that machine now comes out poor. Upgrade the pot, nope still poor.

Not fair.

I can only think this bug is a side effect from making chefs in restaurants cook better. Well, maybe I'm reaching there, but it was perfectly fine when I was playing last week.

You can keep your posh food and your posh restaurants.

Is it is really too much to ask to make sure our sims can have a decent cuppa.

Yours angrily

MO from somewhere in England
Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Comments

• Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    My problem with the tea maker, and any other maker, is that my sims gravitate toward it all the time. I don't think my sims have ever made a poor cup, but I also think this is a glitch. I thought they fixed it a long time ago.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    At least you got your tea. I want my smoothies!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    At least you got your tea. I want my smoothies!

Sadly not. I have checked out tea makers in my other sim houses...all produce poor quality tea, so I have now added them to the pile of redundant objects in my game, such as the talking toilet.

Yeah, I can get behind smoothie maker as well. Even better if it was a mixer that can do smoothies as well as other things that need blending
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Smoothies would definitely be a great addition, especially if your sim loves gardening.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Ploppo, is that you?

I kid, it was just your outrage....

The Upgrade Teamaker is no longer working?! This is aggressively hostile toward tea drinkers! My previously upgraded teamaker will now be a family heirloom! I wonder if I clone it, it will still be upgraded? Can I put it in a room and upload it to the Gallery, there for posterity and possibly for Moderate Osprey?

Oh, and that's right, there are no smoothies either. This is so Anger Management Challenging! I want, no demand, Green Tea Smoothies!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't put the tea maker in my Sims' houses since the release of game, tried it, and all they do is make tea. However, ordering types of tea at a restuarant seems to work just fine. ETA: I want the TS1 tea set, Maxis where back then Mrs. Hudson would make tea for Watson and Holmes...pretty please. :D Loved that set they all sat down in sitting room and had some tea..no going to dining table..perfect.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited July 2017
    wrong thread :blush:

Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    edited July 2017
    Ploppo, is that you?

I kid, it was just your outrage....

The Upgrade Teamaker is no longer working?! This is aggressively hostile toward tea drinkers! My previously upgraded teamaker will now be a family heirloom! I wonder if I clone it, it will still be upgraded? Can I put it in a room and upload it to the Gallery, there for posterity and possibly for Moderate Osprey?

Oh, and that's right, there are no smoothies either. This is so Anger Management Challenging! I want, no demand, Green Tea Smoothies!

Messing with tea deserves outrage. I have several sims that start every day with a brew. You know, the civilised way to start the day.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't put the tea maker in my Sims' houses since the release of game, tried it, and all they do is make tea. However, ordering types of tea at a restuarant seems to work just fine. ETA: I want the TS1 tea set, Maxis where back then Mrs. Hudson would make tea for Watson and Holmes...pretty please. :D Loved that set they all sat down in sitting room and had some tea..no going to dining table..perfect.

Tea set would be excellent. My real desire is to see a version of a bag of tea (censor got the proper word) of Yorkshire Tea dropped into a half pint mug, boiling water poured in and left to brew for exactly 6 minutes - add milk and sugar according to taste :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    Haha as a Brit I support more tea. Plus scones...
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I've gone off coffee and have become a tea junkie. I would love some tea party stuff in my game :D scones, biscuits, cucumber finger sandwiches, earl and lady grays, ooo some Irish breakfast tea, some porcelain and china tea pots with matching cups

/wanders off to her kitchen her mumbling of tea parties trailing off
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Us britbongs need more tea representation
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    edited July 2017
    As usual fix One thing brake another
    edited: *shudder*Tea! *grabs another coffee*
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Then it is time for a Tea Party Stuff Pack. I would like to see a tea maker and a tea plant added to the game, which would allow our Sims to make their own teas. Depending on the taste and cooking skill of the Sim, these teas could influence our Sims' emotions. Together with a tea party table for children and toddlers, this would make a very nice pack.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    Coffee is hardly a new drug of choice. It's just more popular over here. I love tea and drink quite a lot of it, but I'm a bigger coffee fan. After all, I am from Seattle, the coffee capital of the US, it's in my veins. :D

I like the teapot, some of my Sims have it. I also had the tea set from the TS3 store and my Sims often drank it.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Of course she's from England!
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Coffee is hardly a new drug of choice. It's just more popular over here. I love tea and drink quite a lot of it, but I'm a bigger coffee fan. After all, I am from Seattle, the coffee capital of the US, it's in my veins. :D

I like the teapot, some of my Sims have it. I also had the tea set from the TS3 store and my Sims often drank it.

Oh, its gaining ground over here as well. Coffee shop franchises are breeding faster than rabbits on a spring day :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    Oh, its gaining ground over here as well. Coffee shop franchises are breeding faster than rabbits on a spring day :)

Lol, they sure are. I recently visited London and was gobsmacked at the amount of Starbucks there. I looked it up and it said there were about 250 of them in greater London alone :o We even have one in the small town where I live. Why all this need for coffee?

Mind you, I don't much like tea either. But it would be nice to see our simmies drinking tea variations, and other drinks too. I'm quite surprised they can't just go and grab a can of soda from the fridge.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I gotta vent....

The game is packed to the gunnels with a billion different coffees and a billion and one ways to make coffee. I know coffee is where its at and is the new drug of the masses, but I am a hardened tea drinker.

Now, we have one lousy tea pot in the game and every cup of tea made from that machine now comes out poor. Upgrade the pot, nope still poor.

Not fair.

I can only think this bug is a side effect from making chefs in restaurants cook better. Well, maybe I'm reaching there, but it was perfectly fine when I was playing last week.

Yours angrily

@ModerateOsprey , I'm from the states but have always loved tea! :) I used to drink coffee in the morning but it now upsets my stomach so I drink tea. But even before that I would have either an after lunch cup of coffee, tea, or even herbal "tea". However, being from the States means I prefer my tea with out cream/milk. ;) Sugar, honey or lemon only! And being from the South means that I also drink Ice Tea! <3 But if it wasn't for my stomach, I would never understand only drinking one and not ever drinking the other!
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
    edited July 2017
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    I gotta vent....

Not fair.

Yours angrily

@ModerateOsprey , I'm from the states but have always loved tea! :) I used to drink coffee in the morning but it now upsets my stomach so I drink tea. But even before that I would have either an after lunch cup of coffee, tea, or even herbal "tea". However, being from the States means I prefer my tea with out cream/milk. ;) Sugar, honey or lemon only! And being from the South means that I also drink Ice Tea! <3 But if it wasn't for my stomach, I would never understand only drinking one and not ever drinking the other!

I lived in Canada on the US border for a short while in my early life and i have very fond memories of ice tea - lovely stuff. Just not quite the same over here.

The bulk of the tea that is drunk here is black tea, usually with milk, occasionally with sugar (though sugar is falling out of favour now).

I also think the civilised nature of this thread is outstanding evidence that more tea is needed in the game :grin:
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes tea needs more love
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Lol OP. And now for something completely different :p

5JZ57S6.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

lol something like this would be so funny in the sims
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited July 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Darcy approves

Untitled-1024x627.png
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Lol at the title.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Well, I'm not yet going into the Save with the upgraded Teamaker until I do some testing of my mods with the new patch. It is my real family save, so I only play it after my Test Save behaves well with my mods and CC. Of course my Self Sim is in it. She, as well as I, loves a good cuppa. My RL fave is a good English Breakfast, preferably Twinnings (Do you have that in England?), with warm milk and a tiny spoon of sugar. It is the best thing for midmorning break. Twinnings Christmas Tea is to die for.

I would love it if they had tea parties in the game. It would be so cute with Children, Toddlers, and Adults. Or society lady and gents Sims could have High Tea.

But anyway, I upgraded a Teamaker in my Test Save, did all the Upgrades. It came out making Normal quality, no matter the cooking level of the Sim. But they did "Yuum!" over it with great enjoyment. So I thought, well, I'll try uploading it in a room to my library, then put it back in the game, and see if the Upgrade sticks. That way I could put it on the Gallery for MO if it did. Alas, it did not. :( I placed it in the game, and it showed as not being Upgraded. So sorry. But I did establish the possibility that maybe your Poor quality might be a glitch. Maybe try it in a different or fresh Save?