Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To Download MC Command Mod or to not ?

DaniMcgeekDaniMcgeek Posts: 79 Member
I'm in need of some actually story progression & some real life drama filled life situations. I'm a little bit iffy on downloading this mod because I don't want to mess up my game. I'm afraid.... someone please advise there experience.

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I started using it a few days ago. It seems stable - I've not been suspicious of it.

I mainly use it to delete vampires when I see them standing outside my door. Annoyingly, you have to keep running the command to delete things like ghosts, vampires, aliens - ie you cannot just turn them off completely.

I am not sure about story progression stuff - it does inform you of Sims moving into empty lots, etc.

I see it as more of a handy tool than anything story progression.

MCCC has lots of toggles - ie stop Sims from doing annoying things like getting water all of the time or being attracted to certain objects.
  • DaniMcgeekDaniMcgeek Posts: 79 Member
    Does it give townies story progressions? Like having kids. Getting married ? Leaving their legacies?
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i just downloaded it right now, my relationships are all broken so i have to fix it this way. i thought i might as well keep it to disable some annoying autonomous things and clean up ugly townies/ghosts.
    anyway, just back up your saves/tray/etc.
    i don't think it's completely broken anyone's game yet..
    here's the mccc help thread
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

Thank you
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited July 2017
    In a nutshell, it doesn't turn TS4 into TS3.

TS3 owns and destroys TS4 with regard to story progression - even with MCCC.
    TS3 with NRaas mods nukes TS4 from orbit.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited July 2017
    It depends on what you mean by story progression? It will have Sims get together and have babies and continue their family lines but it doesn't really create storylines or drama for them that I've noticed beyond saying such and such got married, such and such got pregnant, such and such joined this club, such and such moved into this house. I love that it does that and that's mainly what I use it for beyond shutting off a few annoying things the game does.

But if you're looking for it to create storylines and drama and angst for non-played sims you're still going to have to create that stuff on your own because the base version doesn't do that sort of thing as far as I'm aware. It's possible there are features I just haven't turned on though maybe? The other add-on mod by the same creator might add some drama though I don't have it so I don't really know what it does or adds to the game. You could check/ask about both over at the main forum thread for the mod which can be found: HERE
    ~ ~ ~
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    No....
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    Thank you guys for the advice.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Wouldn't play without it. Simply excellent mod.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    it's worth a try I'd say make a new save to test it out though, even if you just speed through days and see what it's getting up in the background you can set the notifications and decide what does and doesn't work for you. I just put it back so I could control the culling and in one game it's running freely marrying off the townies I didn't think about like Dina and Malcolm and Summer and Don. and giving my sims child support from a dead beat mom and dad...that is all the kids will have one stepparent.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I think it is worth pointing out that MCCC doesn't alter anything until you tell it to
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    When I had that mod some of my sims turned into real f***boys. They weren't together with any of the Sims but just made all the girls pregnant. So pretty much all the Sims got his genes. It was fun but I turned it off because I changed my gamestyle. It's a great mod tho I'll redownload it once I need it again.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    DaniMcgeek wrote: »
    I'm in need of some actually story progression & some real life drama filled life situations. I'm a little bit iffy on downloading this mod because I don't want to mess up my game. I'm afraid.... someone please advise there experience.

I love mcc. However, little warning, your played households will remain safe, but unplayed premades will experience story progression.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    When I had that mod some of my sims turned into real f***boys. They weren't together with any of the Sims but just made all the girls pregnant. So pretty much all the Sims got his genes. It was fun but I turned it off because I changed my gamestyle. It's a great mod tho I'll redownload it once I need it again.

That can happen o.o do you have the wohoo module?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I use MCCC for:
    1. Along with the marriages, it keeps my town from turning into an Elder/Ghost town with the births. It allows customization for how many unwed pregnancies, child support in that case, etc. Percentages of same sex marriages and divorces can be set as well. There are options for taking the surname of the spouse. Those playing with Aging Off will need to Age Up Sims manually, of course.
    2. It prevents culling of Townies Not In World, until I decide whether or not to bring them into a household.
    3. It controls relationship decay, this can be customized as well, by percentage.
    4. It allows certain Sims to be Flagged to not die, not marry, not give birth, etc. (Certain Sims Must Not Reproduce, we all know this.)
    5. I can easily set up relationships between Sims. I bring previously played Sims into another Save, and it is much easier than using game cheats to set up their relatives and friends that are not in the household.
    6. It allows me to control the age groups of Sims that are spawned, for ex, if I want more Teens in the World, etc, by percentage.
    7. It allows me to increase number of Sims in a household, up to 20, I think, number of walkbys, and Sims spawning in a particular lot. Say, if I want more Sims at the Libraries, and less at the Bars, or vice versa probably vice versa, actually. (Be aware, if your rig isn't that buff, adding tonsa Sims may affect performance.)
    8. I can set up Sims with Skill Levels of my choosing, and Career Levels, for my storylines that include Sims with a background. Again, this takes a fraction of the time that using the game cheats does.
    9. It stops annoying autonomous actions, such as Sink Drinking, Calisthenics, Jogging, etc, a whole list from which to choose.
    10. The Occult Module lets you set how often Abductions occur, percentage of Aliens you want, etc. I don't have Vampires yet, but I believe there are options for them as well.
    11. There is a tiny feature called Make Sim Leave, use it every time I play. They suddenly realize they are desperately needed elsewhere.
    12. Other side of the coin, a tiny feature called Summon Sim, a "milkshake" that brings any Sim in the game to my "yard."
    13. The Vacation Days of a Sim can be set. For instance, when I wanted my Bachelor Sim to keep his job, but have enough time off for the Challenge.
    14. I can choose to load the lots with Pause staying on. (More chance to stop, "Leaving so soon? You asked me on this date!")
    15. I can choose to keep testingcheats on, on all the time, even after quitting the game, as well as MOO and CAS.fulleditmode.
    16. I can edit a Townie's outfit in CAS with an option on the MCCC menu that every Sim has, basically half my gameplay now.
    17. The Dresser Module sounds crazy good, with options to save outfits, and other features that I need to check out.
    18. Finally, an option titled Kill Sim, does just that, turns them into a Ghost with no messing about, rarely used, but necessary.
    19. Other side of the coin, you can also make a Sim Not A Ghost, therefore, calling them back from, um...the Other Side.

Playing a couple years--it has never broken my game. Indeed, it works fine. I can play smoothly with it. I have never had it cause lag, except when it runs the moving, marriages and babies, and you can set this to happen middle of the night, or whenever you want. I do have a good rig, but not a beast, by any means.

I do have to update it whenever there is a patch. Deaderpool is very prompt, usually within a day, maybe a bit longer for EPs. I can save all my settings by saving the config file. And yep, nothing turns on, until I turn it on.

The folks in the Help Thread are very civil, and knowledgeable. Deaderpool (a saint) has been attentive to MCCC for almost three years now, adding to it all the time. If he has to stop for some reason beyond his control, I will quietly uninstall it, with no effect on my game, and cry. Or just not update. :mrgreen:
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Wouldn't play without it. Simply excellent mod.

This, totally. It's a very robust, well-made mod and the creator is very proactive. It's not a drop-in-and-forget mod though; you need to spend a little time getting to know what it can do (loads!).

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I couldn't decide myself for the longest time, in the end I got it - just the core thing plus a couple of the modules, but rotational play for me would be impossible without it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited July 2017
    Follow up; here's what I use it for.

- bypass relationship culling
    - 0% friendship decay
    - 0% romance decay
    - no alien contact
    - 0% abduction pregnancy just to be on the safe side
    - no tragic clown
    - max. sims in zone doubles from 20 to 40

That's it. Those are the only changes I've made to my game, no other mods or cc, but for me those changes are make the game playable and more enjoyable. Wouldn't wanna play without them.
    I much prefer a vanilla game but I do love MC command center.
    Gallery ID: babysquare