Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is The Most Ridiculous Things Your Sims Have Done?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    KuvuplanKuvuplan Posts: 34 Member
    My Chef sim got a midnight phone call for a date.
    I accepted, but there was some lot loading trouble, I couldn't see what was going on or figure out who the date was.
    She ended up leaving before they introduced themselves, and I noticed he whipped out his guitar and was singing to whoever was left in the tavern.
    I then had him call her back and ask to hang out, she told him it was too late to hang out.

Much later, my first child sim was having her birthday party to become a teen. After the candles were blown out and the cake was getting passed around, her mother went into labor and had her second child, a sister for the teen. Everybody was tired, the house had party fallout, but I figured the simbot could clean up the house in the morning. While everybody slept, I saved.
    Since the house had grown and there is now a teen, the dining room was too small for everybody, I did a re-model to add more space in the kitchen and upgrade the seating and tables. It cost nearly everything to do so, but we have enough income from the adult sims that it will all be fine.
    When the first sim woke up, they won a free vacation, what could possibly go wrong? I accept and all the adults including the simbot leave the house. I think this is interesting and hit save as.
    That left a new teen with 3 low bars, with an infant to take care of, $67, a trashed house, 2 cats, and in winter. What were those adults thinking!?!?!

(Several bugs happened to cause re-loads to both of those saves, it was a fun challenge mode though, to see how much the teen sim could grow given those constraints. Her little sister always would end up with a mysterious teddy bear in her inventory, and a yellow border in the relationship window. One of those times, I would set the infant in a crib, and she would appear on the floor somewhere else, teleporting magic baby! Eventually the baby grew into a toddler, the parent's icons disappeared completely and I considered the challenge completed. Finding a prom date in there was another challenge as there was apparently only 1 male teen in town who would not grow up to be a Young Adult before the dance.)
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @Saltysea21 - I´ve seen that a few times, I call it the "naked-after-shower-bug", because in my game it always happens after a sim had a shower. They kind of forget to dress again, and the game doesn´t seem to recognize the sims as "naked", so no censoring. Some sims seem to be more often affected than others.

I put it into a spoiler because naked sim butt. He´s meditating. Naked. In front of the fixer upper car.
    Screenshot-x1041_zps5yk3uye2.jpg

I had this bug too, my sims showered, end up naked and i were too much surprised to react. So she went to her job totally naked and end up promoted :D
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @Saltysea21 My singer does this on a regular basis. It can't an outfit issue, since her clothes are all Base (Made her when I only had the Base). Not good if you're a two star celebrity! Just wait 'til the tabloids find out,
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    In one of my save files I got Bertram Plunkett for a butler, and he'd worked fine when I had him as a butler in other saves... But when I got him in this save he always refused to go to bed until he was on the edge of passing out. He'd holler and seem to ask me where his bed is. Yet he seems to know where it is just fine when he was about to pass out. And yes, I double checked + it was set as his lol

One day he also kept brushing his teeth, over and over. Then in a middle of doing it for the 100th time, the sink broke while he had toothpaste in his mouth. He couldn't wash it out.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    My vampire got hungry while he slept. I woke him up too late and told him to drink plasma juice that was in the fridge and he died on the way to the fridge.

I closed without saving and reopened. Moved the fridge next to his bed. Woke him and told him to get plasma juice from the fridge. He got up and decided to make pancakes. Got the ingredients for pancakes out of the fridge. He died on the way to the kitchen with the pancake ingredients.

I closed without saving and reopened. I put plasma fruit in his inventory and woke him and told him to eat plasma fruit. He ate the plasma fruit and lived. He was cold and went to the fireplace to warm himself. He caught fire and died.

I closed without saving and started a new game.

I believe I would either A) Turn off computer and go to bed, or B) Sink the computer in the nearest lake.

This made me laugh. I am sorry.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited August 2017
    Mazakeen wrote: »
    My vampire got hungry while he slept. I woke him up too late and told him to drink plasma juice that was in the fridge and he died on the way to the fridge.

I closed without saving and reopened. Moved the fridge next to his bed. Woke him and told him to get plasma juice from the fridge. He got up and decided to make pancakes. Got the ingredients for pancakes out of the fridge. He died on the way to the kitchen with the pancake ingredients.

I closed without saving and reopened. I put plasma fruit in his inventory and woke him and told him to eat plasma fruit. He ate the plasma fruit and lived. He was cold and went to the fireplace to warm himself. He caught fire and died.

I believe I would either A) Turn off computer and go to bed, or B) Sink the computer in the nearest lake.

This made me laugh. I am sorry.

It makes me laugh now too. But at the time it was happening I was somewhat frustrated.

Edit. Also, at the time seasons had just been released and your sim could die by entering an eating contest at the festival. Before my vampire started dying I'd done a previous close without saving when his wife went to the festival and immediately and autonomously entered an eating contest and died. That was my first ever experience with taking my Sims to a festival.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited August 2017
    Also, at the time seasons had just been released and your sim could die by entering an eating contest at the festival. Before my vampire started dying I'd done a previous close without saving when his wife went to the festival and immediately and autonomously entered an eating contest and died. That was my first ever experience with taking my Sims to a festival.

I didn't know sims could die from participating in an eating contest. I've never seen it happen. But when my current sim was a child, she always got nauseated just from watching them. She ended up vomiting every single time! I never saw that happen before either. Maybe I should get her the cast iron stomach LTR before I let her watch another one.

• Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Also, at the time seasons had just been released and your sim could die by entering an eating contest at the festival. Before my vampire started dying I'd done a previous close without saving when his wife went to the festival and immediately and autonomously entered an eating contest and died. That was my first ever experience with taking my Sims to a festival.

I didn't know sims could die from participating in an eating contest. I've never seen it happen. But when my current sim was a child, she always got nauseated just from watching them. She ended up vomiting every single time! I never saw that happen before either. Maybe I should get her the cast iron stomach LTR before I let her watch another one.

They can't now - EA fixed that particular bit of fun soon after Seasons was released. I don't think it was a bug - I think they wanted it to happen but then changed their minds quickly. Some sims dropped dead from hunger as soon as they stopped eating.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited August 2017

foxlord wrote: »
    Going to run outside to play in the sprinkler, in winter

Do you mean like this? :s

Old_Mill_Cafe_00006.jpg

OMG... @Karritz. I'm dying here... of laughter.

I have yet to have my Sims do something that incredibly ridiculous, but I'm sure given enough playing time, I'll find them doing something. My sims are on high free will, but I generally stop them from doing something that will result in their demise. Maybe I should give my sadistic nature free rein on one game and leave them to their own devices...and see how long they last.

Maybe when I get Seasons. :D My sim will probably go out and swim in the pool in a raging blizzard...on his own free will, mind you.

My sims do it all on their own. I just find out about it after it's done.

I stopped having vampires in my game after my vampire experience. They are too easy to kill - without even trying.

I do have a few vampires in my library but rarely add them to my game. The one I mentioned above did all of that autonomously. I wanted to play a long game with him and he just wanted to die within about 1 or 2 sim days of the start of the game.

You know, what, @Karritz. When I got Seasons. Dead of winter...Haruo turned around and went out to play in the sprinklers, while there was a blizzard going on. And Brayden nearly died of cold because he decided to sleep outside in a sleeping bag in that SAME blizzard. Yeah... Lovely. All on their own. If I hadn't stumbled across them during my rotational check of all the characters, I wouldn't have a 2nd generation Legacy descendant. And Haruo would have been a frozen ice-cube.

I'm so tempted to do a Multiplicity Challenge and create 8-10 clones of my Sim, each with different traits, put 'em on high-will and let 'em loose to see what happens. No interventions, no nothing...just watching for screencap opportunities and see how long it takes to for one to starve, set themselves on fire, or drown or otherwise kill themselves off.

Frustrated Creator to Sim: "You know...buddy, if you're that intent on doing yourself in...well, have at it... Who am I to stop ya..." Sim turns around, decides to make pancakes; being a forgetful sim, forgets that he's actually cooking and sets himself and the general vicinity on fire. ~facepalm~.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    My craziest one was during a "100% Free Will" experiment where the only thing I'd do is buy objects if a wish is rolled for it or send the sim someplace if they roll a wish to go there. Beyond that, it was up to the sim to survive and thrive (or not) on their own. At one point the sim decided to try mopping up the swamp she lived in. Yes, the swamp. Not a puddle on the ground in her home lot, but the entire swamp. Apparently she had the secret LTW to MOP THE WORLD!

This same sim went to extreme lengths to not wash dishes. The dirty dishes kept getting in the way, so she began to line the walls with the dirty dishes. Death by flies is a rather embarrassing way to die.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited August 2017
    Darn, wish that they would bring back that for TS4...See how many people start whining about how gruesome that is. It would have been nice to have it in TS3. :D OK...I'm just evil.

I gotta admit, TS2 had some really fun ways to die. :D The flies being just one of the ways.

Being seriously sadistic towards my sims, I'm looking forward to the vending machine, the murphy bed and a few of the other ways in UL.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Darn, wish that they would bring back that for TS4...See how many people start whining about how gruesome that is. It would have been nice to have it in TS3. :D OK...I'm just evil.

I gotta admit, TS2 had some really fun ways to die. :D The flies being just one of the ways.

Being seriously sadistic towards my sims, I'm looking forward to the vending machine, the murphy bed and a few of the other ways in UL.

Uhm, I've had two sims in Sims 3 die because flies ate them. The first was my very first ever sim. The second was the 100% free will experiment. I've never played Sims 2. Both times it's happened in the Mosquito Cove lot in Sunset Valley.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    her7Emeraldsher7Emeralds Posts: 2 New Member
    one time one of my sims caught on fire fixing a computer and a party happened even though I didn't throw one
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    one time one of my sims caught on fire fixing a computer and a party happened even though I didn't throw one
    Were these two events related somehow? Some sims will find any excuse to throw a party. "Hey, our computer's on fire, come on over and bring food!" :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    My Sim was at the beach getting a tan. When she got up, she decided to go play in the ocean. It was at that time that she decided to change out of her Swim wear into her Everyday outfit! So now she's in her dress and heels splashing around in the ocean! :/
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    My Sim was at the beach getting a tan. When she got up, she decided to go play in the ocean. It was at that time that she decided to change out of her Swim wear into her Everyday outfit! So now she's in her dress and heels splashing around in the ocean! :/

Lol, my insane/inappropriate sims do stuff like that all the time. It's why those are two of my favorite traits. :p
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I think it was after my wedding like literally after my wife became a member of my house.Two seconds later got a wish to "Move in with...." :| They must think we were playing musical chairs house style.I did not do it but would have been really ridiculous to jump into her junky house after recently expanding and decorating my own.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member

Today my sim Ara's fiance, Marina, changed into her outerwear to go to bed. I know she isn't inappropriate, but she is a rebel.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I haven't done it yet, but I might have to. -The way my game is developing.
    I, we, us, A cabal of vampires, might end up having to adopt a Capp-child/toddler (werewolf).
    -Because its a game. (-and we are not completely cold)
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    I, we, us, A cabal of vampires, might end up having to adopt a Capp-child/toddler (werewolf).
    Have you considered turning him into a vampire?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Have you considered turning him into a vampire?
    Well, I must, but it will still be a Capp. -The horror.

Vampires can not bring lycans into the family. -Having a mermaid is bad enough.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @lulubadwolf the nekked sim glitch happened to me the other day as well. it's caused by one of 2 things: bad cc, or the default career outfit becoming 'corrupt'.

(if you don't have cc, just send your sim to the dresser and edit his or her career outfit.)

the stories i've read (and yes, i read all of them) are way better than mine. but i once had a sim with low handiness skill call a repair tech to fix the garburator... and said repair tech died in the process.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif