Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is The Most Ridiculous Things Your Sims Have Done?

I have a small list,but for it's when my sim's hunger bar dipped all the way down.There was a perfectly fine autumn salad sitting on the counter,but she proceeded to make mac 'n cheese instead of just eating that.

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I've had sims with orange hunger bars forgo eating altogether and pull out a guitar.
    Madness !

I don't even bother helping them now. If they don't eat, then they starve and it serves them right :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    One time, I had three couples and three double beds. My sims can autonmously wohoo, and sometimes they decide to do it all at the same time. While the first couple was lucky and managed to claim one of the double beds, the other four wanted to use one of the remaining two, causing a slight traffic jam. And then Sebastian decided he was a little bit tired and take a nap instead. Mortimer and Liam wandered off after a while, using one of the other beds, while Storm waited patiently for her boyfriend to wake up.
    But when he woke up, he totally abandoned her, because he was feeling a tiny bit peckish.

All on free will. I laughed my head off.
    Screenshot-x4160_zps9bvhh1jb.jpg

Screenshot-x4164_zpser6gjor5.jpg

Screenshot-x4175_zpsfgtyadas.jpg
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    I've had Sims walk through walls before, just blatantly! Fun times! xD
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Okay, this is more in the realm of why we shouldn't leave our sims unattended for even a few minutes. I had a household of four, two YA couples, moving into a new home together. I could see that the move-in animations starting from across town were going to take a while. Convinced that the game would pause itself when finished (it didn't), I went off to make coffee and do the dishes, etc. Heard very strange noises coming from my computer and came running back in to find they had moved in all right but kept going on Free Will from there...

One sim was stuck behind a bookcase, waving his arms and screaming. Never did figure out how he got back there.

One was starving to death, miserable and huddled in a corner in a puddle of their own making.

The other two were trying to make a baby, in a bed even, which doesn't sound so bad. Except that they were the partners of the first two geniuses above, not each other.

Sorry, no pics, dumped without saving, now let's do this all again properly once the coffee is finished making. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    I once made a house with a kitchen and a dining area. My teen's bedroom happened to be next to this area and he had a small dinner table as a desk since a normal desk didn't fit. Of course my sims would keep walking all the way out of the dining room, into the hallway, back to the hall near the front door, into this teen's bedroom to eat their meals there -_-.
  • foxlordfoxlord Posts: 645 Member
    Going to run outside to play in the sprinkler, in winter
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I put a food synthesizer in the dorm kitchen in university. Inactive sims will use it to serve food, set the plate on the counter, complain of being hungry, then use the food synthesizer to get a second plate of food, stare at it, then go get a dish from yet another plate of food someone else synthesized the day before. All the time. I think they only stop when there's no counter space and the nearest table can't hold anymore plates of food.

And then a neat sim will come along and put all of it in the fridge. And the cycle begins again.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    foxlord wrote: »

Do you mean like this? :s

Old_Mill_Cafe_00006.jpg
    edited July 2017
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I put a food synthesizer in the dorm kitchen in university. Inactive sims will use it to serve food, set the plate on the counter, complain of being hungry, then use the food synthesizer to get a second plate of food, stare at it, then go get a dish from yet another plate of food someone else synthesized the day before. All the time. I think they only stop when there's no counter space and the nearest table can't hold anymore plates of food.

And then a neat sim will come along and put all of it in the fridge. And the cycle begins again.
    Usually inactives in Uni World are just plain (that word that rhymes with "pour-ons" again) when it comes to their autonomy. But this time I think they may be onto something.

It's possible they are learning in their classes what I've always suspected -- ITF synthesized food isn't "real" enough and should only be regarded as a source of nourishment in an absolute emergency, like when the off-campus food trucks go missing. The long-term effects of consuming that synthesized junk on a regular basis have not been sufficiently determined. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    TreyNutz wrote: »

Usually inactives in Uni World are just plain (that word that rhymes with "pour-ons" again) when it comes to their autonomy. But this time I think they may be onto something.

It's possible they are learning in their classes what I've always suspected -- ITF synthesized food isn't "real" enough and should only be regarded as a source of nourishment in an absolute emergency, like when the off-campus food trucks go missing. The long-term effects of consuming that synthesized junk on a regular basis have not been sufficiently determined. ;)

I never see food trucks at university. I don't recall turning them off in Traffic. The dorm kitchen also has a fridge and stove. It's rare that they choose to cook with a food synthesizer around. That works for me, less chance of a fire.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had my sims eating mac and cheese swarming with flies and they both enjoyed it as they didn't even notice how spoiled it was.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    I had made a household with two exchange sims, one was insane & the other was neurotic.
    I put them in the "pre fabulous" house.

One day I watched the insane one kicking over the row of lawn flamingos one after another & the neurotic one following behind, setting them back up one after another.
    As soon as she'd kick over the last flamingo the insane one would go back to the first one & start kicking them over again.
    They spent the whole sim afternoon doing that, I thought it was hilarious, & it seemed to fulfill both of their compulsions.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
    edited July 2017
    @ShojoDagger - Whether intended to be platonic or romantic, this sounds like a match made in heaven. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    When I first played TS3 I had a Sim age up with the insane trait and wondered why she went in the bath in her formal clothes... :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I absolutely love the insane trait. Depending on what other traits you mix it with, it can be kinda goofy, or it can be a little more serious like. Insane sims really interest me, with the way they look at their lives.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    edited July 2017
    foxlord wrote: »

And after I'm done I'll stand there in my bathing suit complaining of being cold.And then nearly freeze to death because I insisted on walking around the house to the front door instead of taking the door right in front of me.
    I had three cases, when a sim decided she/he had to collect laundry or trash from the edge of the map. Meaning, they ran all across the town, swam/flew (that was a fairy)/took a watertaxi (that was the sensible one), to some point in the ocean, collected the laundry/trash, and then returned the way they had come.
    Probably a glitch, but a wonderful case of "Where are you going and what are you doing??"

I had three cases, when a sim decided she/he had to collect laundry or trash from the edge of the map. Meaning, they ran all across the town, swam/flew (that was a fairy)/took a watertaxi (that was the sensible one), to some point in the ocean, collected the laundry/trash, and then returned the way they had come.
    Probably a glitch, but a wonderful case of "Where are you going and what are you doing??"

I've seen (on the Sample a Brave legacy) an Agnes Crumplebottom running away from the home lot to look at a diamond in a place far away from lots, and then return to the home lot to get married to a spare.

I read that, too, and remember it! :D It´s a great blog! <3

• KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    Had a sim that was incredibly tired, almost pass out from exhaustion tired. Instead of getting into bed right next to him, he decided to try and run across the huge lot, up the stairs and into a bed in the loft. Yeah, managed to get about halfway before he collapsed.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
    @KaikoMikkusu - that legacy is still up and running, although posts are a bit sparse at the moment. The world they moved to is Avalon, she´s at generation 7. If anyone is interested, you can find it here: http://sims3sample.illation.net/

Back to topic - I had a vampire sim, who stayed out too long in the sun (I didn´t force him, he did that to himself). When I realized it, he was hungry and super tired, so I queued up a plasma drink and then bed for him, before I returned to whatever I was doing at the moment. He must have skipped the plasma drink - in the middle of the night, he fell out of bed, starving, and turned to dust.
    I was so ready to quit without saving, but then the little bugger pulled out a death flower I didn´t even knew he had, and was resurrected.