Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch Allows Medicine To Be Bought Now BUT Kids still CAN'T Take Medicine To Cure Colds - WHY???

WHY are we still having patches done that only take care of PART of an issue that has existed for a long time in the game?

If the programmers are working on the coding for Medicine... WHY not fix the fact that kids haven't been able to take the medicine for months and months?

This is NOT Rocket Science and is incredibly frustrating... and asinine.

WHAT part of the game is so broken does EA not understand???

FAIL Again and Again. :(
Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T

Comments

• Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Hmm...when I played last night, my child sim was sick and I was able to have the mum buy medicine from the computer, moved it to the kid's inventory and he drank it. So it works for me, always has since I play large families and more often than not the kids tend to fall sick.at roughly the same time.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    WHY are we still having patches done that only take care of PART of an issue that has existed for a long time in the game?

If the programmers are working on the coding for Medicine... WHY not fix the fact that kids haven't been able to take the medicine for months and months?

Maybe because the bhavs are too complicated associated with medicine is why kids can't take it. For instance the Sim gets very energized if they take it, kids don't have that emotion buff, nor the animations to break out in pushups so there are always reasons of why they can't do some stuff. The whole thing would have to be modified and probably screw up the whole thing for adults.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Maybe because the bhavs are too complicated associated with medicine is why kids can't take it. For instance the Sim gets very energized if they take it, kids don't have that emotion buff, nor the animations to break out in pushups so there are always reasons of why they can't do some stuff. The whole thing would have to be modified and probably screw up the whole thing for adults.

Kids can do push ups, sit-ups and stretch. Might require the active trait, or at least level 1 motor skill, but the animations are there and have been since day 1.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Hmm...when I played last night, my child sim was sick and I was able to have the mum buy medicine from the computer, moved it to the kid's inventory and he drank it. So it works for me, always has since I play large families and more often than not the kids tend to fall sick.at roughly the same time.

That's interesting Tesla... Do you play w/any mods in your game? My kids haven't been able to take the Medicine for about a year now and it's very frustrating. I do have mods that affect kids -- Homework mods and adult skills for kids.

INFJ -A/-T
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member

That's interesting Tesla... Do you play w/any mods in your game? My kids haven't been able to take the Medicine for about a year now and it's very frustrating. I do have mods that affect kids -- Homework mods and adult skills for kids.

Only mod I use is MCCC. It might be a bug that only affects some simmers. The only medicine related bug I have in game is that sometimes even after taking the medicine, the symptoms still remain and I have to make them take a second dose.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member

@SnowWolf58 , My Sims kids can take medicine -- just yesterday I had one take it! I have no Mods or CC. I wonder why your Sim kids can't take it? :/ Hope you get it fixed!
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the illness moodlet has to be on top if you want them to be able to take it I think
    also if you have mods or cc that could be the trouble
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well thank you for the feedback everybody. All of my mods are up to date and yesterday, I removed all the "bad" custom content that the newly updated TS4 Conflict Detector found in my cc files. I guess for now, I'll just have to live w/my sim kids not being able to take the medicine. A work around solution is to have them sleep for at least 8 hours so that the illness symptoms go away.

INFJ -A/-T
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I put the medicine on a counter and direct the child to drink it and no problem -- I just have to make sure not to cue up any other actions otherwise the child will ignore the medicine (which makes sense -- who wants to take yucky medicine when there's something more fun to do?).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Well thank you for the feedback everybody. All of my mods are up to date and yesterday, I removed all the "bad" custom content that the newly updated TS4 Conflict Detector found in my cc files. I guess for now, I'll just have to live w/my sim kids not being able to take the medicine. A work around solution is to have them sleep for at least 8 hours so that the illness symptoms go away.

Drinking OJ can help the symptoms go away also -- plus you get a "home remedies" Happy moodlet instead of the "Energized" moodlet from taking medicine (if it's close enough to bedtime you really don't want your child to be Energized).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Snow wolf -There is still a possibility one of your mods to do with kids is causing the issue. I suggest removing any mods you have to do with kids and possibly even kids CC and see if that does not fix it. I also have no mods or CC and there is no issue with my sims child age kids taking medicine. So I still think you may have a troublesome mod to do with kids.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Kids can do push ups, sit-ups and stretch. Might require the active trait, or at least level 1 motor skill, but the animations are there and have been since day 1.

thanks, but mine have never done any of that even with a motor skill.