Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: SPY VS SPY!

Comments

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »

Sorry to see Eva leaving. She named the piglet after her grandmother but now she’s gone. We’ll think of her whenever we sees Okja around the house, hopefully :)

Awh yes, the title of this episode is a bit symbolic, as it introduces the house pet but also gives a nod to Eva and her grandmother; Eva named the piglet, but ultimately she is the one who left, so in a sense, yes, little Okja sort of represents Eva. :)
    (Which is even MORE reason for Giles to cuddle up to Okja, like Tiger suggested earlier)

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures, this one is a favorite of mine :joy:
    Screenshot-23.jpg

...What? It's just a faucet. ;)

And LOL @ "joystick" :lol:
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    I can confirm that one game from JackBox will definitely be a mission this season. :smirk:
    (Sadly, it won't be Murder Trivia Party because as Celty said, trivia won't work, and neither will quotes from the thread because you can just use the search feature. However, Twiddle said something SIMILAR, not exactly the same as, so just stealing the THEME from that game could work and of course the structure. I'd just have to change the trivia to questions where you can't cheat. Definitely not a bad idea. But I already have a lot of ideas for missions this season so that might have to be next season :o Two missions from JackBox games in one season seems a bit like overkill XD)

Overkill. Kind of a shame now that executions aren't by guillotine. :/ Just... Imagine... >:)
    Banner.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Sorry to see Eva leaving. She named the piglet after her grandmother but now she’s gone. We’ll think of her whenever we sees Okja around the house, hopefully :)

Awh yes, the title of this episode is a bit symbolic, as it introduces the house pet but also gives a nod to Eva and her grandmother; Eva named the piglet, but ultimately she is the one who left, so in a sense, yes, little Okja sort of represents Eva. :)
    (Which is even MORE reason for Giles to cuddle up to Okja, like Tiger suggested earlier)

Screenshot-23.jpg

I just realized: this implies that there are cameras on the faucet.

If you can't trust your faucets, whom can you trust? D:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Okja, that was the name of a movie from this year as well, right? I haven't seen it, but I have read about it.

The Gov, what is he up to next? Really wondering... :) Kinda a shame Pacco wasn't there to eavesdrop, or else we could've had an explosive storyline XD.

Yep, Okja is a movie recently released on Netflix, made by one of my favorite directors (which is saying something, because I don't really pay attention to actors, directors, etc). It's worth checking out if you got the time, although I recommend Snowpiercer even more.

Notice how Pacco holds TWO secrets of his fellow players now. :sunglasses:

Reminds me of Janna too ;)
    Screenshot-373.jpg
    Janna: "AAAAAAIII!!! OUCH! ARRRGH! My poor lil' butt!" :joy:

Hmm, maybe I should check out if it's on Dutch Netflix. Content between countries does differ. :/ (I mean, is season 6 of OUAT on Netflix in the US already? Here it'll be in October. While season 7's airing already in the US.)

Kennis Is Macht XD >:)

Aww, that hurts. :c Janna really should be glad with new HEALTH-E. XD
    Banner.png
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Screenshot-23.jpg

I just realized: this implies that there are cameras on the faucet.

If you can't trust your faucets, whom can you trust? D:

https://youtu.be/08koIAlv0J8
    Banner.png
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    I can confirm that one game from JackBox will definitely be a mission this season. :smirk:
    (Sadly, it won't be Murder Trivia Party because as Celty said, trivia won't work, and neither will quotes from the thread because you can just use the search feature. However, Twiddle said something SIMILAR, not exactly the same as, so just stealing the THEME from that game could work and of course the structure. I'd just have to change the trivia to questions where you can't cheat. Definitely not a bad idea. But I already have a lot of ideas for missions this season so that might have to be next season :o Two missions from JackBox games in one season seems a bit like overkill XD)

Guesspionage XD

Makes me think of old Nokia ringtones

https://youtu.be/ZUeE0zGIc1I

Would V still have it has hers? :)
    Banner.png
  • WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    Okja, that was the name of a movie from this year as well, right? I haven't seen it, but I have read about it.

The Gov, what is he up to next? Really wondering... :) Kinda a shame Pacco wasn't there to eavesdrop, or else we could've had an explosive storyline XD.

Yep, Okja is a movie recently released on Netflix, made by one of my favorite directors (which is saying something, because I don't really pay attention to actors, directors, etc). It's worth checking out if you got the time, although I recommend Snowpiercer even more.

Notice how Pacco holds TWO secrets of his fellow players now. :sunglasses:

Reminds me of Janna too ;)
    Screenshot-373.jpg
    Janna: "AAAAAAIII!!! OUCH! ARRRGH! My poor lil' butt!" :joy:

Hmm, maybe I should check out if it's on Dutch Netflix. Content between countries does differ. :/ (I mean, is season 6 of OUAT on Netflix in the US already? Here it'll be in October. While season 7's airing already in the US.)

Kennis Is Macht XD >:)

Aww, that hurts. :c Janna really should be glad with new HEALTH-E. XD

Wait wait wait wait wait season 7 is already airing and I'm missing it :O I thought it didn't start until the fall?!?!
    While I'm not completely content with the show direction, that's my mom's and my show. We watch it together everytime :)
    LOLSSS2.jpg

Mission #5: SLEEPER AGENT

dh_2862-5ff489e1-t3.jpg?w=800

[This mission is based on the boardgame "Codenames", but has been renamed since I don't want any confusion with the Codenames game from earlier this season. :p
    It has also been heavily modified, so again, if you want to look the game up for instructions feel free to do so, but I don't recommend it. My directions below SHOULD be clear enough]

~THE STORY THUS FAR~
    Two rival spy organizations have received word that Norway has just built the most destructive nuclear bomb the world has ever seen. Fearing that the bomb will wind up in the wrong person's hands, both organizations send 3 Operatives to Bergen, Norway to scout the area. It's not long before each team realizes they have company. The Commanders of both sides inform their team that they have Sleeper Agents in their immediate area that need activation, allowing for quick backup.
    It is now a race to activate all the sleeper agents of your organization before the opposing side activates theirs.

~SET UP~
    There will be 4 rounds.
    Each round, there will be two new teams of four people.
    Each team will have 1 COMMANDER and 3 FIELD OPERATIVES.
    (everyone will get the chance to be Commander once)

~GAMEPLAY~
    Each round the 3 Operatives of each team (teams will be color-coded; first round will be black team VS white team) will be plopped into a public area where you will have visuals on 16 citizens going about their day. However:
    -6 are BLACK-TEAMED SLEEPER AGENTS (Black has one more to activate since they go first)
    -5 are WHITE-TEAMED SLEEPER AGENTS
    -4 are CIVILIANS
    -1 is a JIHADIST

The databases of both organizations have already numbered and provided the probable activation code for each of the 16 citizens. Problem is, the video transmission signals are too weak so far up North, making it impossible for the Commanders to get a visual on all the citizens; so while the Commanders know the secret identities all the agents, their teammates know the agents only by their activation code.
    Thus, the two Commanders take turns giving one-word clues. A clue may relate to multiple codes on the list, or just a single code. The Operatives then take turns guessing which citizen(s) they should activate.
    The first team to activate all their agents wins the round.

=EXAMPLE=
    Let's pretend there's the Fire and Ice Team for the 1st round.
    Fire has the following players: Red, Orange, Yellow, Brown
    Ice has the following players: Blue, Purple, Grey, White
    Orange and White have been randomly selected as the Commanders of their team.

Here is the list of the 16 Citizens and their Activation Codes:
    1) Cat
    2) Crocodile
    3) Ferret
    4) Donkey
    5) Dog
    6) Eagle
    7) Spider
    8) Rat
    9) Snake
    10) Iguana
    11) Ant
    12) Centipede
    13) Crow
    14) Lizard
    15) Hummingbird
    16) Frog

[The list of codes will be completely random words and will NOT be one theme such as "Animals"... the above is an easy example]

Are you still with me? :lol: Hopefully. Alright. so:

Fire goes first. They will have 6 Sleeper Agents.
    Orange Commander gives his first clue. His hint is "Feline: 1".
    His teammates, Red Yellow & Brown, must now pick ONE answer that corresponds with the clue "feline". They must rotate turns, and Red decides to go first. He posts "Cat" (all clues and guesses should be in bold to be official).
    Turns out, Red is right! Citizen #1 has been successfully activated.

Ice Team's turn. Both teams have 5 Agents left.
    White Commander gives his first clue. Her hint is "Survivor: 2"
    Her teammates, Blue Purple & Grey MUST pick 2 answers. They are free to communicate openly. Blue goes first: guesses Rat. That is correct. Blue can't go again until the other 2 go. Purple goes next, guessing Snake. Also correct! White thought Snake and Rat were Survivor terms.

Fire goes next. 5 left.
    Clue: "Bird: 2"
    Yellow guesses "Eagle", Brown guesses "Hummingbird", both right. The order resets, so the next person to guess can be any of the 3.

Ice goes next. 3 left.
    Clue: "Green"
    Grey's turn. He correctly answers "Frog".
    Grey goes again, but this time erroneously guesses "Crocodile", which, unfortunately for Ice, was actually Fire's Sleeper Agent, so Ice just gave Fire a free answer!

=UPDATED LIST=
    3) Ferret
    4) Donkey
    5) Dog
    7) Spider
    10) Iguana
    11) Ant
    12) Centipede
    13) Crow
    14) Lizard

...And so on and so forth. Ice only has 2 left (Ferret & Lizard) and Fire has 2 left (Iguana & Centipede).

Obviously, the number the Commander puts on the end of their Clue is how many guesses the Operatives HAVE to make. If they guess incorrectly (by activating an agent from the opposing team OR erroneously choosing a Civilian), they simply waste a guess.

HOWEVER: If either team at any point chooses the code that activates the Jihadist, the Jihadist will self-detonate, ending the round immediately. Neither team wins, and those 50 dollars will go straight into the Spy's Stash.

ANSWER SHEET!
    (RED = FIRE'S AGENTS
    BLUE= ICE'S AGENTS)
    1) Cat
    2) Crocodile

3) Ferret
    4) Donkey
    5) Dog
    6) Eagle
    7) Spider
    8) Rat
    9) Snake
    10) Iguana
    11) ANT = JIHADIST
    12) Centipede
    13) Crow
    14) Lizard
    15) Hummingbird
    16) Frog

~POINTS VS ARMOR~
    The winning team for each round has a decision to make: Add $50 to the pot OR each of them earn +1 Armor?
    The 4 members of the team will vote anonymously, and majority rules. If a tie occurs, the Commander gets the final say, and at this point a tie WILL be public knowledge, as will the Commander's decision.

~SPIES ADVANTAGE~
    Red Spy and Blue Spy have hacked into the Database, and know the identity of the Jihadist each round.

~ADDITIONAL RULES~
    -->Commanders CANNOT make clues about the structure of the word itself. So if you have Cat and Crocodile, your clue can't be "C". You also cannot use any of the words on the list (Clue cannot be "Snow" if the code word is "Snow Leopard"), nor rhyming or anything to do with vowels, syllables, etc.

-->If at any point you catch someone cheating and report it to me, I will give you an exemption each time, and your identity will never be exposed.
    The cheater, if found guilty, may be expelled from the game. Therefore, obviously, it's not worth it to cheat by secretly communicating with teammates. All communication about this mission needs to be on this thread. No exceptions.

edited August 2017

ROUND 1

BLACK TEAM:
    Twiddle [COMMANDER]
    Celty
    Alleen
    Vul

WHITE TEAM:
    Tiger [COMMANDER]
    Choco
    Haylo
    Lo

(Round 1 will start anywhere from 6-12 hours from now; for now, please ask questions)
  • WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    Ayy doctor horrible's sing a long blog reference in the mission image! (Now to actually read the mission I got distracted. Also I checked and OUAT in the US doesn't air until October so I'm safe :D )
    edited August 2017

Additional Notes:

The Commander CAN repeat a previous Clue, if his teammates didn't identify the codes correctly the first time that clue was used.

The Commanders can NOT aid their teammates in any way, shape, or form during the round. The only way they contribute to the mission is with their one-word Clue. Otherwise, they should be silent.
    (off-topic chat is acceptable, but should be kept to a minimum. If I'm not around, the Commanders are free to inform the Operatives of either team if their guess was correct or incorrect.... If that wasn't clear before: ONLY THE 2 COMMANDERS KNOW THE ANSWER SHEET EACH ROUND)

One time I played this game, I was the Commander and my brother was an Operative. I had 3 words: Pipe, Pistol, and Rope. Can you guess what my Clue was? :p
    My clue was "Cluedo: 3". At first he was slightly confused, then realized Cluedo meant the boardgame clue and instantly guessed all 3 words and we won the game! Fun times.

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    (So, I just played that game last weekend for the first time. lol I know...probably not that similar, but super cool, nonetheless. ;) )
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    As always, it looks more confusing than it actually is. Read through it once, if it doesn't make sense, read it fully again. If it's still not clicking, either ask a question or try to find a video on how to play the game (Codenames): But again, I don't recommend that since I've heavily modified the terms AND rules used, but if you're more of a visual person and don't understand the word-vomit above, go for it.

If all else fails... Just wait for the mission to begin, and it'll begin to make sense almost instantly, I promise. :p
    Yeah, our office just got the Codenames game recently, and I watched a game unfold last Friday. It looks fun. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    CeltyGirly wrote: »
    Ayy doctor horrible's sing a long blog reference in the mission image! (Now to actually read the mission I got distracted. Also I checked and OUAT in the US doesn't air until October so I'm safe :D )

I literally could not find an image that represented "sleeper agents" whatsoever, so Dr. Horrible's picture it was. :lol:

And yeah, I watched the first few seasons of that but got too behind then stopped. It was a decent show, but I can't even imagine where it's going now on its 7th season. And I knew it hadn't started yet, too early; it's a fall show and summer still has a ways to go.
    (So, I just played that game last weekend for the first time. lol I know...probably not that similar, but super cool, nonetheless. ;) )

Sweet! One less person I have to worry about understanding it. XD

It's a fun game for sure, although highly stressful :p

And there's a picture version of the game that I want to play. And an adult R-rated version, lol.

Sweet! One less person I have to worry about understanding it. XD

It's a fun game for sure, although highly stressful :p

And there's a picture version of the game that I want to play. And an adult R-rated version, lol.

I haven't been the operative yet, but it was a fun game, so we'll do it again some day, I'm sure.

So, remember my sister works at that escape room, right? They're thinking about doing a game night at the room so people can come, pay a cover charge, and spend all evening playing different games (probably bring your own drinks/food, but they might provide some things...don't know). So they had bought a few different games and we tried them out to see what we thought. I actually liked all of them, truthfully. So, I think it's a brilliant idea.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Yeah, our office just got the Codenames game recently, and I watched a game unfold last Friday. It looks fun. :D

Aw, I wish you had the opportunity to play it here. Maybe we can do a fun round after the mission is over, something fun to do while you all wait for me to make the episode? :smiley:

Aw, I wish you had the opportunity to play it here. Maybe we can do a fun round after the mission is over, something fun to do while you all wait for me to make the episode? :smiley:

That should be fine. :D I'll just be lurking in the meantime.

YES! I mean, sounds good. ;)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    The armor would need to be used next time, right? Because it isn't usable after that, I think.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    We're halfway through the season now, and I was wondering how you guys have liked the missions so far. The remaining 5 missions are not set in stone yet, so your input about the past 5 will help me to improve the future 5, and subsequently future seasons.

So far we've had...

Murder in NY
    Exam
    Gun Bust
    United Justice
    Moral Dilemma

Which one was your favorite? Why? What was your least favorite? Are they too complicated or not complicated enough? Did you ever think something was unfair, especially due to timezones? Which would you want to play again? Did any take too long, or would you suggest longer missions are better?

Any and all feedback would be appreciated. :)

Even though I didn't participate in the mission, I love the "Moral Dilemma" mission just because of jokes regarding the Governor and Cheese.
    BTW, call me Jake.
    And the commander needs to remember to look at both lists because for instance, if he wanted to say "green" for his crocodile and iguana that a frog and lizard could also be green and that's the other team. We don't want to give them points. :)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Never heard of this game before, but I think I kinda get it...
    Banner.png
    Additional Notes:

One time I played this game, I was the Commander and my brother was an Operative. I had 3 words: Pipe, Pistol, and Rope. Can you guess what my Clue was? :p
    My clue was "Cluedo: 3". At first he was slightly confused, then realized Cluedo meant the boardgame clue and instantly guessed all 3 words and we won the game! Fun times.

Haha, awesome clue indeed XD
    Banner.png