Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: SPY VS SPY!

Comments

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited August 2017
    Admittedly, United Justice and Moral Dilemma weren't my strongest ideas.

Exam got a little hairy too :lol:
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I'll try and answer tomorrow.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    I can give an in-depth honest opinion in a spoiler, because I have nothing else to do XD Then again, this is my first real game show on the forum so take what I say with a grain of salt.
    Murder in NY
    Okay, so for this one. I really liked it! Then again, I was in a coma ;) . However, I think it was a good starter because it got people to think/work together. It was difficult, but not TOO difficult. I like the missions where we talk with one another a lot debating what the correct answers are etc.
    I don’t know, I just thought it was the good puzzle-y work together kind of mission that’s not only fun to do, but also good at seeing how everyone works like I said.
    Exam
    I liked the concept, but this was rough. Like it was a little TOO open ended. I think maybe a “choose your own adventure” type formatting would have made it a bit better, maybe? Instead of just giving us a room and being like run wild. It was still fun though to be in character, and all of the crazy things we did.
    In the end it worked, so it wasn’t all bad. Again, I really liked the concept.
    Gun Bust
    Trying to remember exactly how this played out. Okay, I didn’t like this one as much, because I feel like it was so difficult for the person without the location. But then again, it’s the kind of mission that required a lot of thought which is good for this kind of thing. Like coming up with vague lies to not be caught. So I’m kinda neutral. I don't even know how in my mind it could have been improved. Maybe, okay, wait, there's a game on Jackbox Party Pack 3 where one person is the fibber. Everyone else is sent a question on their phone and you have to do a variety of signals to answer the question and the fibber has to kind of go along with it and hope they're not obvious. HOWEVER, in the final round you type an answer, and the fibber actually gets a prompt. The prompt though, isn't the same one everyone else gets, but it's similar. So it's harder to tell.
    So maybe if the person had gotten a location similar to the one everyone else knew about(I still only vaguely remember this hence my loose terminology.) so that their answers could at least be closer, and you'd have to think of highly specific questions to get the faker out of the group. I dunno.
    United Justice
    I have zero recollection of what this was. Oh yeah! It was a court case. Umm, I didn’t care for this one too much. I think just because again it was such an open ended situation. There was no evidence, little backstory, and just kind of went based on words. We could have said anything. Anyone could have said anything, and in a game where you trust no one, that’s not a whole lot to go off of.
    If there were clues to be presented to the jury, or if you revealed more information after testimonies etc. it could have made it at least a bit more interesting? Ace Attorney style and all.
    Moral Dilemma
    I liked this one, just because kinda halfway through the game we have a grasp of the characters. I think it was really cool to do a mission based on the characters itself and making us choose how they would react. It really shows how much we’re paying attention OR how what we think may not be so. There are things about these characters we thought we knew, but we didn’t. For instance, some people thought Maya is so flippant and wouldn’t care, when in reality, that’s her whole backstory which they then learn.
    I think a mission involving who the characters they are themselves is really nice.

Overall this is my order of favorites:
    Murder In New York
    Moral Dilemma
    Exam
    Gun Bust
    United Justice

Over Overall, I really like the missions where we can talk, debate, and work through things. I really like getting a sense for the characters.
    Challenges, but not ones heavily weighted to one side. I love my experience with The Mole here thus far :3 so I hope nothing sounds negative,
    because I love it all! This is just my analysis :)
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The gun bust was fun. It was challenging and kept you on your toes.

The exam was a bit vague and more luck-based it seems, but the role playing was fun. And a little bit of luck-based isn't so bad.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    I loved the first one... Almost like mafia... ;)
    But Exam was fun... ;)
    Well, overall I liked all the missions. The gun bust was really fun for me. The moral dilemmas, the trial, and the coma were also pretty fun.

Of course, my opinions aren't really as in-depth as Celty's. :D I can't really put into words what I like about each mission right now.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    I'm pretty like Ice on this; all missions are likeable. But each in their own way. :) All of them had a puzzling element to it, and all also had a people element to it, though. Pretty interesting. :)
    Banner.png
    Yeah, all of them was cool... ;)
    Thank you for the feedback so far, I'll have to reply later.

For now i wanted to share this fun fact:

So far, only male creators have been eliminated.

More interestingly: All 8 remaining players match the gender of their sim. That's a first!
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Turner wrote: »

More interestingly: All 8 remaining players match the gender of their sim. That's a first!

All under the spies' control :wink: Just like what they have anticipated.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.

I was about to note that, but I wasn't sure if Ninja was male or female. :D

The thing about matching the gender didn't occur to me though.

Ooh, lovely piglet! Haha, someone saved the bacon, literally! Good job K :D

I’m afraid that I will have to agree with Kaitlin to some extent. She is right about how women should be independent and allowed to get what they have ever wanted in their lives for themselves.

Eva: “Do not question my independence just because I occasionally lay with a man…”

Is it just me but I think Eva actually means something else beyond relying on a man…? Alright. I don’t think it’s right to place judgement on others for any reason because you cannot agree with what they believe in or the way they choose to live their lives. Just saying.

Kaitlin: “…Torture IS men.”

I guess I have somewhat (?) figured out why Kaitlin’s acting this weird on masculinity. But this hatred is probably beyond my expectation.

Ooo. *I’ve thought about it and decided to remove my comment for the bathroom scene because I don’t want to risk getting in trouble because of what I’d like to post* Lovely indeed, I'd say this :3

Ooh, be quiet already, Paul. I’m begging you please :joy: You are making this encounter between you and Giles unnecessarily awkward with those helplessly inferior lies >.>

I got choked on OJ by Paul’s expression in the shower. Hahaha! Nice capture! He sure is enjoying it.

Yeah, he’s letting it out a bit, I guess. And Holy sweet baby Jesus holding a joystick he sure knows how to cuss :p

Those uh-hm shots though. I’m giving it a five star!

w0puMqC.gif

Sorry to see Eva leaving. She named the piglet after her grandmother but now she’s gone. We’ll think of her whenever we sees Okja around the house, hopefully :)
    ._.
    I liked Exam and Gun Bust. Exam is fun and I think role playing our sim exploring in a confined space is such a brilliant idea and I love escape room! (except for the middle finger part). If I were to choose my favourite out of the two I would probably choose the latter :D I think I really enjoyed the game. You know, taking someone out and causing people to suspect you and have their chances wasted (oh my goodness it was so good. I almost laughed my head off whenever I saw someone wasting a guess on me, haha! :joy: )

They are fine in terms of complexity though, me thinks. But it kind of bothers me that the spies have this sort of advantage to know almost everything about the mission. I mean it's great but maybe that's a bit too much for them? A bit too easy? I mean we have two spies this season so maybe they should try a bit harder and the successful spy should be rewarded with this information leaving the other competing like the rest of vanilla players do? Just saying here.

My least favourite one would be Moral Dilemma. I didn't like it. Guess I'm just not paying that much attention to what the other players would answer. I mean it's a great chance to know about the contestants better but, as I might have stated it before, I'm not much of a reader myself. To me this mission is rather text-heavy and I get bored of them rather easy myself. Plus it will be nice to have a bit more action in the actual episode instead of different sims sitting on a bench with K and have a chitchat with her. I'd prefer challenges or missions that keeps everyone together and feels connected to those that were completed individually (such as 'hold that one plum button as long as possible' mission that drove me mad). It was a great episode also :p

My opinion on the length is that it is dependent on the type of mission/game that we are playing. Some takes significantly a greater amount of time than the others but that doesn't really matter as long as people stay enthusiastic and are engaging. What worries me the most is that occasionally a mission has to be cancelled because of RL interruptions or (worse) people losing patience.

My Order of Favourites:

1. Gun Bust

2. Exam

3. Murder in NY

4. United Justice

5. Moral Dilemma

So far the mission's been doing well and I've had great fun from participating in them :D So, thanks for hosting!
    ._.
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    In terms of the missions, I liked all of them, Can't really say there is one i disliked. The only one i would say i was disappointed with (It was my fault though, There was no fault in the mission) was the Gun Bust one because i was so busy i could'nt participate as much as i wanted to.

As for the others, I liked Murder in NY because it was alot like mafia and i enjoyed playing the part of the murderer (Although the Gov would disagree with me there) The Exam was my absolute favourite, I love Roleplaying as characters (It's great practice for a character actor) :D and it was so much fun to play an Escape the Room type game with other people as my own sim. United Justice again was a ton of fun, Once again the RP part was really immersive (And as a fan of immersive theatre it was really entertaining) and the premise of it all e.g The Courtroom really reminded me of Ace Attorney which is a big plus in my book. ;)

Moral Dilemma was okay but while still alot of fun it was a little lacking compared to the others which have all been spot on, It was a good midway mission of sorts because it kinda give us an insight into how the other characters/players were thinking, But in terms of gameplay it was less immersive and took alot more thinking and deduction which kinda slowed it down abit, But thats just my 10 pence worth. :)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    edited August 2017
    Also reading that Celty mentioned Jackbox Party Pack, I'd love to see a mission based on Murder Trivia Party (perhaps not an exact copy but a more mole themed, Condensed version?) :mrgreen:
    Christmas_Banner.png
    Ah, Jack Box. If Cards Against Humanity were in video game form.

• WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    Also reading that Celty mentioned Jackbox Party Pack, I'd love to see a mission based on Murder Trivia Party (perhaps not an exact copy but a more mole themed, Condensed version?) :mrgreen:

I love Murder Trivia Part :D
    I stream my computer with my friends so we can all play the various Jackbox games
    I don't know how that would work on a forum though when you could google things XD unless it was all based on things we've said on the forum :o that would be a trip.
    edited August 2017
    I can confirm that one game from JackBox will definitely be a mission this season. :smirk:
    (Sadly, it won't be Murder Trivia Party because as Celty said, trivia won't work, and neither will quotes from the thread because you can just use the search feature. However, Twiddle said something SIMILAR, not exactly the same as, so just stealing the THEME from that game could work and of course the structure. I'd just have to change the trivia to questions where you can't cheat. Definitely not a bad idea. But I already have a lot of ideas for missions this season so that might have to be next season :o Two missions from JackBox games in one season seems a bit like overkill XD)
    edited August 2017
    Okja, that was the name of a movie from this year as well, right? I haven't seen it, but I have read about it.

The Gov, what is he up to next? Really wondering... :) Kinda a shame Pacco wasn't there to eavesdrop, or else we could've had an explosive storyline XD.

Yep, Okja is a movie recently released on Netflix, made by one of my favorite directors (which is saying something, because I don't really pay attention to actors, directors, etc). It's worth checking out if you got the time, although I recommend Snowpiercer even more.

Notice how Pacco holds TWO secrets of his fellow players now. :sunglasses:

Reminds me of Janna too ;)
    Screenshot-373.jpg
    Janna: "AAAAAAIII!!! OUCH! ARRRGH! My poor lil' butt!" :joy:
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    I can confirm that one game from JackBox will definitely be a mission this season. :smirk:
    (Sadly, it won't be Murder Trivia Party because as Celty said, trivia won't work, and neither will quotes from the thread because you can just use the search feature. However, Twiddle said something SIMILAR, not exactly the same as, so just stealing the THEME from that game could work and of course the structure. I'd just have to change the trivia to questions where you can't cheat. Definitely not a bad idea. But I already have a lot of ideas for missions this season so that might have to be next season :o Two missions from JackBox games in one season seems a bit like overkill XD)

Guesspionage XD
    edited August 2017
    CeltyGirly wrote: »
    I can give an in-depth honest opinion in a spoiler, because I have nothing else to do XD Then again, this is my first real game show on the forum so take what I say with a grain of salt.
    Murder in NY
    Okay, so for this one. I really liked it! Then again, I was in a coma ;) . However, I think it was a good starter because it got people to think/work together. It was difficult, but not TOO difficult. I like the missions where we talk with one another a lot debating what the correct answers are etc.
    I don’t know, I just thought it was the good puzzle-y work together kind of mission that’s not only fun to do, but also good at seeing how everyone works like I said.
    Exam
    I liked the concept, but this was rough. Like it was a little TOO open ended. I think maybe a “choose your own adventure” type formatting would have made it a bit better, maybe? Instead of just giving us a room and being like run wild. It was still fun though to be in character, and all of the crazy things we did.
    In the end it worked, so it wasn’t all bad. Again, I really liked the concept.
    Gun Bust
    Trying to remember exactly how this played out. Okay, I didn’t like this one as much, because I feel like it was so difficult for the person without the location. But then again, it’s the kind of mission that required a lot of thought which is good for this kind of thing. Like coming up with vague lies to not be caught. So I’m kinda neutral. I don't even know how in my mind it could have been improved. Maybe, okay, wait, there's a game on Jackbox Party Pack 3 where one person is the fibber. Everyone else is sent a question on their phone and you have to do a variety of signals to answer the question and the fibber has to kind of go along with it and hope they're not obvious. HOWEVER, in the final round you type an answer, and the fibber actually gets a prompt. The prompt though, isn't the same one everyone else gets, but it's similar. So it's harder to tell.
    So maybe if the person had gotten a location similar to the one everyone else knew about(I still only vaguely remember this hence my loose terminology.) so that their answers could at least be closer, and you'd have to think of highly specific questions to get the faker out of the group. I dunno.
    United Justice
    I have zero recollection of what this was. Oh yeah! It was a court case. Umm, I didn’t care for this one too much. I think just because again it was such an open ended situation. There was no evidence, little backstory, and just kind of went based on words. We could have said anything. Anyone could have said anything, and in a game where you trust no one, that’s not a whole lot to go off of.
    If there were clues to be presented to the jury, or if you revealed more information after testimonies etc. it could have made it at least a bit more interesting? Ace Attorney style and all.
    Moral Dilemma
    I liked this one

Ooh, thanks a bunch for this in-depth opinion! I'd say I definitely agree with most of your analysis.

"It was difficult, but not TOO difficult"--> That's good, that's the aim for every mission. :p
    "I like the missions where we talk with one another a lot debating what the correct answers are"--> I agree! There's been an abundance of these types of challenges this season compared to previous, and I think it's more fun for everyone :)

The Exam one, I also agree. Good concept, but too open-ended. Like you said, it worked in the end, but during it I don't think you guys were too confident with it haha. And it was hard to keep up with. Got too hectic. But as Haylo said, the escape-the-room-esque ones are a lot of fun, and I'm glad you guys enjoyed the role-playing aspect of it!

Hm. I see your point on the Gun Bust one, although being the Cop was purposefully very difficult, so the whole thing worked perfectly I thought. I actually think this was the smoothest and most enjoyable mission all-around. Almost everyone got a chance to be the Cop... Multiple opportunities to be the one to expose the cop, enough rounds that everyone got to play quite a bit, and a simple-enough concept without too many curveballs, but still enough opportunities to sabotage subtly.
    And the JackBox game you're referring to (Fakin' It), 4 out of 5 of the games the Faker gets absolutely no info, just like the Cop, so it's essentially a very similar game AND level of difficulty. But you're right; if you want to make the Cop/Faker's job a bit easier, that written round with the prompts is how you'd do it, because it at least gives them something to go on. Every other round it's just "You're the Faker! Good luck!" and you're like PLUM :joy:

Completely agree with you on the court one, it lacked any real evidence or anything to actually go off of (which admittedly, was partially the point, but it made it a lackluster challenge). The whole "anyone can say anything" was in par with Vanilla Mafia, where there simply is no evidence, but at least with Mafia you get the murders and you can base your suspicions off that, so ultimately yes, I should have played Ace Attorney to get some better ideas. XD Wasn't terrible, wasn't great, but I think it worked well enough at the time being.

Ah, interesting, Moral Dilemma and the Exam are perhaps the two most controversial ones, and for good reason. Some liked them, others hated them. It's interesting to see differing opinions on the matter. :blush:
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    I liked Exam and Gun Bust.

My least favourite one would be Moral Dilemma. I didn't like it. Guess I'm just not paying that much attention to what the other players would answer. I mean it's a great chance to know about the contestants better but, as I might have stated it before, I'm not much of a reader myself. To me this mission is rather text-heavy and I get bored of them rather easy myself. Plus it will be nice to have a bit more action in the actual episode instead of different sims sitting on a bench with K and have a chitchat with her. I'd prefer challenges or missions that keeps everyone together and feels connected to those that were completed individually (such as 'hold that one plum button as long as possible' mission that drove me mad). It was a great episode also :p

So far the mission's been doing well and I've had great fun from participating in them :D So, thanks for hosting!

Thank you for the thanks! :lol:

Mhm, yeah, I'd say Gun Bust was the best one so far. Exam was a lot of stress, and I'm forgetting how the first one went. XD I think it was well-received though. I'm glad you've enjoyed most of them- with the exception of the Moral one, haha. And that's a very good point- that one lacked action completely, just a bunch of words. I think I was expecting some more interesting conversations HERE on the thread, but in the end I don't think anything was really brought up. I'm just the type of person who loves getting really into important issues and topics, dissecting them to death, etc, which is why I wanted to do that one, but I struggled deciding how to structure it. Stealing an idea from Celty-- perhaps I should have done something like a choose-your-own-adventure type thing, where everyone decides as a group how to answer each dilemma, and that may have allowed more action rather than everyone just sitting passively in a church. :joy: But at least Paul enjoyed it, right? ;)

Honestly though, I purposefully threw a fewer weaker challenges in the middle (those being the Court and the Morality ones) so from now on I think we can look forward to more interesting games. :)

twiddle3 wrote: »
    The Exam was my absolute favourite, I love Roleplaying as characters (It's great practice for a character actor)

Speaking of, has Ambrose and the gang made another appearance? ;)
    (And thank you for your input :) )