Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Glitch in Head and Ears?

Oh dear.. I dont know what I have done but.. I cleaned out my CC a few days ago. I deleted a lot, most of it I wanted gone.. Some things not, and havent downloaded anything since. So far, with all the CC I had and now have left, never had any troubles and I did have play afterwards in some already existing towns where many babies have been born.

So the problem is, today I started a new save file. Now there is baby girl born in town and my screen went all funky. Like what happens when you have the lovely lady boots problem. Blackened out townview or cutted shapes, black and blue when spinning the camera at certain angles.

The girl baby (boys no troubles) has in Looks - Head and Ears (editsim) three weird glitched photo thingies.(Weird brown colored cutted shapes) I guess that may be where it is coming from? I wouldn't know if it can come from something else, first and only times I have seen it is when I catched some bad CC being tacked on babies. Although, those babies where shown as monsters and on these ones, I can't see a difference.

I have checked in other files, it does show up there, but, having let the file run (There are currently at least 10baby girls in there, I set one with each of the weird pictures) Nothing happens. No shapes, nothing. ...is this an odd happening in a new file or something? Or could this from a CC?
Could it be, that with the deletion of so many CC one may have been uhm, blocked into use and that it is now showing up?

O.o I have no idea what I have done this time.. or.. how to fix it, so, if anyone can help me, that would be great :smile:

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    "Bad" CC often attaches itself to downloaded sims and I suppose even lots or anything that can come in sims3pack format. When it's present, it could be hiding in one of the dbc bundles in the DCCache Folder and it's possible that the Launcher is not revealing it to you as the Launcher can only display a fixed number of items per tab before it gives up.

First of all, if this is really what happened, then you have to find and get rid of the offending item that was carrying the bad CC or else no matter what you do it's just going to keep coming back.

As for getting rid of the CC item install, one method is to temporarily remove everything (the ebc files just to get them out of the way, these would be safe though as they are your EA store content, and the dbc files) then put one dbc file back at a time renumbered to 0 and use the Launcher to inspect its contents until you find the horror-causing item. See Method by Mell towards the end of this page.
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

A little more drastic would be pulling out all dbc files and rebuilding your custom content collection from scratch.

And a little more drastic than that would be declaring your entire user game folder in Documents a disaster, pull it out to the Desktop thus forcing the game to spawn a new one, and rebuild everything from scratch but hopefully without the offending item included.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BABYxTHExLUXEBABYxTHExLUXE Posts: 230 Member
    Ok. Thank you. Basically, I have to hunt down and delete the CC that's causing the problem.

I will look into the options given as see what might work.

Also, last time I found a offending CC only in libary, I'm not too sure what happens when I empty that file? It was a clothing, I deleted the 0x file there and deleted the savedsims/launcher sims it may have come with and it was gone.

What I am most curious about tho, is that beside the fucky cutted screens I cant see a difference on the sim. I would think that, might it be either clothing or shoes, it would show me a monster babe. Also then it falls under the dressing of the baby, not under Looks - Head and Ears.
    Why is it under Head and Ears tab?

Sorry for the many questions. I'm thankful for the help but I'm just trying to understand :smile:

Lastwly, I'm having a few saves and sims I cannot stand to lose. Mostly because of my blog and secondly cause I've.grown much attached to them so just deleting all is no option for me at this point.