Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you care if your sims have failing grades?

TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
I find school for sims pretty much useless right now. There are not many rewards or consequences for failing or passing class.

Comments

• Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I don't care too much but it's so easy for them to get straight As anyway. Sometimes I have more troubled or rebellious kids and I want them to fail for the sake of the story but unless I try really hard to make them fail they do really well anyway.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    I have no problems with them being even close to failing (aside from Sims 1 and 2 of course) since having them being tutored for about 2 in game hours puts them back at a B-A most of the time.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    I have no problems with them being even close to failing (aside from Sims 1 and 2 of course) since having them being tutored for about 2 in game hours puts them back at a B-A most of the time.

Oh really, theres tutoring? In which game?
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    It's pretty difficult to get a failing sim unless they skip school all the time, in which case I probably did it on purpose and I don't really care if they're failing! :P

If somehow they fail without any reason, I usually put it down to character building for my character, and I try to fit it into their "lore" I guess? :)
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member

TS3 has tutoring (a sim with the Logic skill up to a certain level can tutor kids) but I don't know about any other games!
  • Options

TS3 has tutoring (a sim with the Logic skill up to a certain level can tutor kids) but I don't know about any other games!

Ok cool.
  • Options
    RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    I usually try to make sure that my sims have perfect grades before aging, but in my next game, my kids are going to fail... Hey, homework gets you a dollar!!! ;P
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • Options
    PyxieytPyxieyt Posts: 48 Member
    Well I'm a family player and I try to be pretty realistic so I want them to pass. All my kids would naturally do their homework anyways
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I don't play with families often, but when I do I always want all of my Sims to pass. It stresses me out when they don't.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    FlanodaaFlanodaa Posts: 56 Member
    I usually like to let my sims get grades based on what kind of person I want to mold them into when they become adults
  • Options
    MerwhosMerwhos Posts: 46 Member
    I have never ever had a sim have failing grades in the sims before, so I think I would mind
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I feel like this would be better in general discussion but whateves.

I do care, but only if the sim having failing grades doesn't fit their story.

I wish there was a consequense to having poor grades. That would be nice. This game needs more consequenses in general.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    ShyllowwShylloww Posts: 298 Member
    Most of the time yes, I rarely ever try to make them not do it.
    Origin ID: Sarahsmile37
  • Options
    LittlestGamer168LittlestGamer168 Posts: 88 Member
    I have a mod where kids and teens can quit school. Plus, the only teens I play are 'runaway' sims. I make them quit school.
    Why I play the sims is a question with a million answers.
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    since i tend to play realistically i would mind if they had failing grades.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don't care in the sims 4 because my sims themselves don't care. I do care in the sims 1-3.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I don't mind at all since most school aged children and kids might not even get to go to school even if there's one in town and this is TS3.I have a Mod to disable automated assignments which were buggy and cause overcrowding in SIms 3.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Danged_HuskyDanged_Husky Posts: 39 Member
    I actually do mind. Unless I deliberately want my sim to fail his/her grades :P
  • Options
    minimeg2425minimeg2425 Posts: 144 Member
    It stresses me out a little bit! I want my baby simmies to be perfect!
  • Options
    Sweetpooh1993Sweetpooh1993 Posts: 112 Member
    I care because I want to see my children succeed.
    [img][/img]LD5LMSt.jpg
  • Options
    Commander789Commander789 Posts: 5 New Member
    For me, I can't bear it. Whenever I try not to, I fail and end up making them do their homework anyways.
  • Options
    coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    I have never had a failing sim, simply because their grade only goes up (unless I choose the bad option on that little 2 option story thing).
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    If they're over a C grade I'm not bothered at all, its only when they're below that i try and boost them up
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    I used to not care but for some reason I care much when they are failing so i try to keep them in the B's and A's
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?