Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two quick, random observations/questions that rely on MC

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
First; I notice that we can't make Sims engaged when creating a family in CAS. It is siblings, spouse or roommate only.
I am wondering if there is an easy and 'safe' way to engage my two new Sims without having to scramble for interaction in game? Obviously they have been generated as roommates (I wanted the options of throwing a wedding or even perhaps finding a different partner...). They hardly know each other as far as the default game mechanics are concerned.

Second; What lifespan do people who use MC play with? I mainly want MC to extend the Adult span to be more realistic (to me) as opposed to normal span defaults that come with the game. Otherwise I find Sims grow old before their first offspring really develop. I want Sims to be able to see at least a bit of their grandchildren. I sort of go with a vaugley two Sim days to a year formula -but I wonder if 70 days (35 years between 30 and 65 years of age) is too long for gameplay? Opinions?

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I wouldn't say I'm a typical player (restart queen, at your service), but I use the game's Normal aging setting and have these for my Age Span settings in MCCC:

"Age_Span_Adult": 75,
    "Age_Span_Baby": 4,
    "Age_Span_Child": 30,
    "Age_Span_Elder": 100,
    "Age_Span_Teen": 45,
    "Age_Span_Toddler": 15,
    "Age_Span_YoungAdult": 60,

I would say shoot for OVER the days you think you'll want. You can always age them up at any point, either with the cake or by using CAS or MC's Set Age option.

My babies get 2 days usually. When the New Baby! buff goes away, I boot them out of their bassinet. I have 4 there to give me time to get to babies in houses I'm not currently playing, if I decide (usually) I want to be there for the birthday.

(I don't trust the game to properly handle trait-giving. Or for much else, TBH.)
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Thanks @egwarhammer. I'm something of a restart queen myself.
    I haven't tried micromanaging more than one household in a long time. I will have to endeavour to get that far again.
  • ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    The sims proportion of infant-teen is way larger than a humans. Almost 40% of their lifespan is spent in childhood. I like to adjust the life spans or turn aging off if I'm playing chill (then I use cakes when I'm done with a stage). I like to follow real human age too.

For some reason people think young adult means 20-25. XD haha. Officially it can varry depending on the system used (I'm talking medically here) but young adult is generally 18-40, adult or "middle" adulthood is 40-65, then elderly is 65+.

Soooo, I like double human years-ish:
    Infant: 1.5 or 2 days
    Toddler: 8 days (so ages 2-5)
    Child: 14 days (age 6-12)
    Teen: 12 days (13-18)
    YA: 40 days (19-39)
    Adult: 40 days (40-60) - you could tack on 10 days between ya-adult to make it to "65"
    Elder: 40 days (60-80)

My source, being a nurse and I like Erikson's model: https://www.simplypsychology.org/psychosocial-stages.png