Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa day vs Dine out?

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone here owns both of these packs? I am kind of wanting both, but since I can only get one atm, I am unsure which one to wish for if possible? Can anyone tell me some pro/cons, or just simply why you like both or one of the packs?

Thanks!

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i haven't played with my restaurants in a while but if they're still as buggy as before then I say spa day all the way : )
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Spa Day definitely, Dine out is too buggy atm and even then I think Spa Day is still the better pack, gameplay wise and Build Items wise
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• TheTwisaTheTwisa Posts: 7 New Member
    I love both packs! But i would suggest to get Dine Out. I love it! I create my own lots and stuff and have my sims eat there :D It is pretty fun!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    It depends on your playstyle. Both packs are great.
    I love Spa Day for the Wellness Skill, CAS and especially the Yoga Mat. The Yoga workouts give long-lasting moodlets that are great for skill building and career advancement. And when your sim progresses in the skill they will learn to influence other sims' emotions just with a simple friendly interaction. It is quite awesome. And BB has solid content, especially for Spas/Gyms and bathrooms.
    Regarding Dine Out, I am not a big fan of running my own restaurant (I have exactly 1 sim who owns a restaurant), but I LOVE having my sims dine out. For example, I have turned the Stargazer Lounge (San Myshuno) into a restaurant in each of my saves and that is my favourite place to take my sims on a date. The ordering of the food and wine, the time they have to socialize, the moodlets. I like it all. Each of my saves has at least 3 restaurants, some have more.
    I guess for content and things to do, I may recommend Spa Day a little bit more? But you should think about what you would enjoy more in your game.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited July 2017
    Both are awesome , if I had to choose I would say Spa Day. Just because you have to get through the loading screens , in order to actually dine out . But you can put the spa day yoga stuff on your home lot and use it.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Hard choice. All depends on what may be more useful for ya? I think I have my sims go out to eat more to meet up with family, promotions, dates, and to hang out with friends. Spa Day I use for the ladies to get away on the weekend, some items such as the hand/foot massage chair are in a couple of my sim's households. I turned the Pyramid lot that Maxis made into a type of Spa, eating, Stay the weekend place for my Married or family sims. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'd go with Spa Day. My Sims pretty much all have a yoga mat and a mediation stool in their homes. And the sauna is fabulous!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    I have both packs and I love Spa Day the most. It is probably my favorite game pack. Dine Out is fun too but can be a little buggy. I use objects from spa day more and I love all the objects and interactions
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • marellinormarellinor Posts: 39 Member
    I would buy Spa day if I had to choose. Dining out is fun as well but I don't use nearly as much of the build/buy stuff from that pack. Spa day has a lot of nice sporty CAS outfits! Dine out don't really impress with the CAS stuff, with the exception of one beautiful female hair..
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    KismetRose wrote: »
    Hi,

I am wondering if anyone here owns both of these packs? I am kind of wanting both, but since I can only get one atm, I am unsure which one to wish for if possible? Can anyone tell me some pro/cons, or just simply why you like both or one of the packs?

Thanks!

Pros: My Sims eat out all the time. To make friends, spend time with lovers, family, or just to not have to cook. I rarely take a Sim to a spa since they lowered how many Sims show up at a spa. Instead of going to a spa, I put the object (trainer's mat) in the gym and if my Sims ever go to a gym then they can be taught yoga there. I bet I have used DO way more than Spa Day and feel no need for my Sims to have the wellness skill.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Helllo
    Both packs are great ! They both have great features, activities, and build/buy mode items to use in your builds and in playing the game. These are guides to the two packs. They may help you to decide which one suits your game play style the best.

https://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-spa-day-game-guide/
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-dine-out-guide/
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks!

Pros: My Sims eat out all the time. To make friends, spend time with lovers, family, or just to not have to cook. I rarely take a Sim to a spa since they lowered how many Sims show up at a spa. Instead of going to a spa, I put the object (trainer's mat) in the gym and if my Sims ever go to a gym then they can be taught yoga there. I bet I have used DO way more than Spa Day and feel no need for my Sims to have the wellness skill.
    I, too, have added saunas, yoga mats, mediation stools, etc to all of the gyms. The gyms tend to attract a lot of Sims, and it's a great way for them to interact. I even have yoga classes at the gym.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Very hard choice. I LOVE the things that come with Spa Day and I make my Sims go to the spa all the time. I love getting massages and taking soak baths. The build items like walls and floors are also very nice. But the Dine Out pack was also really nice and I liked the new game play features it added.
    1500x500.jpg
  • RedDragonSimmerRedDragonSimmer Posts: 12 New Member
    Both game packs are really great but if I had to choose between the two I would pick Dine Out. I really like how you can take your sims out to eat and interact with them and also how you can own your own restaurant and make it your own.
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks!

I, too, have added saunas, yoga mats, mediation stools, etc to all of the gyms. The gyms tend to attract a lot of Sims, and it's a great way for them to interact. I even have yoga classes at the gym.

Yeah, when we first got Spa Day there were like fifteen Sims showing up to use the different amenitites, and always five working out with the yoga mat when the instructor would start up a class. But some months ago things changed in TS4 and Sims stopped showing up at the Spas, the parks and people are very lucky to see more than two or three anywhere (community lots) else other than the gym, and or a restaurant or a store.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • xXUniqueOoxXUniqueOo Posts: 26 New Member
    Love them both!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Spa Day all da way.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I like em both, but yes Dine Out is bugged - not game breaking, but enough to be irritating. I use the stuff from Spa Day all the time on all sorts of lot types.

You can use the yoga instructor mat on all sorts of lots as well - set the lot type to spa or gym, place the mat, then change lot type back to what you want and an instructor will turn up. I have a couple of parks with outdoor yoga.

Also there is a really great custom aspiration called Perfect Balance that fits perfectly with Spa Day, if you are cool with mods
    http://modthesims.info/d/590925
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    I like em both, but yes Dine Out is bugged - not game breaking, but enough to be irritating. I use the stuff from Spa Day all the time on all sorts of lot types.

You can use the yoga instructor mat on all sorts of lots as well - set the lot type to spa or gym, place the mat, then change lot type back to what you want and an instructor will turn up. I have a couple of parks with outdoor yoga.

Also there is a really great custom aspiration called Perfect Balance that fits perfectly with Spa Day, if you are cool with mods

Hm, I guess Spa Day is bugged in my game since GT came out...because I never have more than two workers and my Sim and a few others so not even enough to start a full class like it was when we first got it.
    edited July 2017

Hm, I guess Spa Day is bugged in my game since GT came out...because I never have more than two workers and my Sim and a few others so not even enough to start a full class like it was when we first got it.

Yes, I noticed this. Not sure when it happened, but when I first got the pack, the spa was full of sims, but now very few turn up. So I don't have a large spa building now like the one provided. For my only spa, I made a much smaller building with just one aromatherapy chair, one massage table and only provided two mats as well as the instructor mat.

The rest of the stuff that came out with spa day, I use loads of stuff from it from parks to residential. I also like the wellness skill.

I really like the restaurants as well. The problem I have with them is that sometimes it seems to go well, but mostly I find them pretty chaotic.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    edited July 2017
    @ModerateOsprey none of my Sims have ever completed the wellness skill what is the purpose of it? Will it keep them from getting sick from Get To Work illnesses? If not I don't see much point. :| ETA: Other than being able to see Sims with it ,float in yoga position in mid air while in my restuarants. :p
    @ModerateOsprey none of my Sims have ever completed the wellness skill what is the purpose of it? Will it keep them from getting sick from Get To Work illnesses? If not I don't see much point. :| ETA: Other than being able to see Sims with it ,float in yoga position in mid air while in my restuarants. :p

I like some of the mood altering social interactions that come with it, such as making another sim focused, inspired etc. It also unlocks some recipes. It also allows a sim to teleport - not that I use that much.

Other unlocks is allowing a sim to do massages, aromatherapy, etc themselves.

Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    I have both and I also like both of them. I no longer run any restaurants myself, but I really like dining out at the various restaurants. Overall I use the Spa activities more frequently as I have added yoga and the other spa activities to all of my gyms, and also have sims do yoga at home and in parks.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I get more use out of Spa Day lately. Like others have mentioned, Dine Out is too buggy for me to deal with.
  • JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    There's nothing to spa day. I mean, Get it if you really like massages.
    Dine out is really better then spa day in my opinion.