Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monster Under the Bed

Does he ever stay gone for more than a day? :/ It really would be a lot better if he only showed up twice a week or better yet, once a week. Anyone else get tired of too much Monster Under The Bed? :o
ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell

Comments

• Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I could handle a ghost/Monster in the closet a lot better but please a lot less.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    he used to only show up once every week or two for me, but yeah, he's quite fond of visiting my kids now... i tend to make my kids befriend him (at least the ones it seems fitting for...) and feel bad putting up night lights to scare him away, but might have to do that if it keeps up
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    edited July 2017
    I still have not been able to get my kid Sims to befriend the Monster! :* LOL
    I don't mind them not getting sleep on the weekends, but I hate it when they have to go to school the next day! :s
    One thing I wish they would also do is enable Sims with the Insane trait be able to see the Monster! I have one Sim that is insane and sleeps in a single bed and for story purposes, I have him spray under his bed every night! :)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2017
    Monster under the bed is an annoyance.
    Now my children always sleep in a double bed.

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    It happens every night and I can't stand it. I'd be okay if the monster showed up maybe once a week. I also don't want the nightlight bc it clashes with some of my children's rooms (I do have it in one child's rooom). The monster making much fewer visits is ideal.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Haha, my fix for that plum monster was to replace my child's bed with a double bed from the grown up section. He can still claim it and he now gets sweet sweet dreams every night!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2017
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    I still have not been able to get my kid Sims to befriend the Monster! :* LOL
    I don't mind them not getting sleep on the weekends, but I hate it when they have to go to school the next day! :s
    One thing I wish they would also do is enable Sims with the Insane trait be able to see the Monster! I have one Sim that is insane and sleeps in a single bed and for story purposes, I have him spray under his bed every night! :)

I love this idea or maybe even childish sims.. but that wouldn't pack the same punch as insane sims.
    It's funny though with this thread there are people that love "chaos" and unexpected things in their game and those that want it the way the want it. I tend to want it the way I want it... but if they give me an "out" in this case the nightlight or using an adult bed it serves the purpose of serving both parts of the community that want these opposing things in their games. Some families I make are more miserable than others and have more bad things happen. Or maybe I want the monster to show up every night so one of my creepier kids can befriend it. I think they did a good job here and I don't see this as a bug at all. It's a choice.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I don't mind the monster under the bed. What I mind is the relentless frequency in which it shows up. Lol Now and then Ok but not every five minutes.
  • Options
    I don't mind the monster under the bed. What I mind is the relentless frequency in which it shows up. Lol Now and then Ok but not every five minutes.

I agree but it was way to frequent that it seriously impeded game play, thus using a double bed. I thought the monster was kinda cute before it was there two or three times every other night.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't mind the idea of the monster, but I have never been able to befriend it and it occurs like every single day so I usually just plop the nightlight to save my sanity.

I've also noticed that the "ask to spray monster under the bed" interaction the child asks the caregiver doesn't work. I've tried it time and time again, the adult will never actually go spray the bed. I have to switch control and instruct them to do so to get anything done with the monster. I also find it incredibly annoying that a child sim will repeatedly travel all over the house waking everybody up. Shouldn't the first Sim that gets woken up be the one who gets asked to spray the monster?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I don't mind the idea of the monster, but I have never been able to befriend it and it occurs like every single day so I usually just plop the nightlight to save my sanity.

I've also noticed that the "ask to spray monster under the bed" interaction the child asks the caregiver doesn't work. I've tried it time and time again, the adult will never actually go spray the bed. I have to switch control and instruct them to do so to get anything done with the monster. I also find it incredibly annoying that a child sim will repeatedly travel all over the house waking everybody up. Shouldn't the first Sim that gets woken up be the one who gets asked to spray the monster?

That too! They just look at the kid and laugh and then go on their way. The interaction is meaningless so no point in playing it.
  • Options
    LotteTroonbeeckxLotteTroonbeeckx Posts: 36 Member
    In my game, it happens rarely actually! But I can imagine it gets frustrating when it happens more often. Those little boogers refuse to sleep for an hour of 2 then. Not fun on schooldays! :P
  • Options
    PyxieytPyxieyt Posts: 48 Member
    I have 4 kids in my house and it is like the monster comes EVERYDAY. I just want my kids to sleep :'( :'(
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member

Yeah, same here. I had 3 kids sharing a bedroom and it was complete pandemonium when it showed up every night. At this point I didn't even know there was a nightlight that prevented it from appearing so I just dealt with it every night. I wound up locking the parents bedroom door and had one of the kids as a designated "monster shoo-er" lol. But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's bugged.

• Options
  • Options
    One question : Do the night lights from GP05 Parenthood stop the monster ?

Not that I have noticed but maybe it has to be a particular night light. :neutral:
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    There is a particular nightlight. Base-game I believe. Coolala the Defender? He'll keep the monsters at bay permanently. They don't bother me much, mostly because I use the nightlight. I've had a child befriend the monster before. It was cute but she'd leap outta bed at a late hour and get too excited to sleep because he'd show up for play time.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    I've never seen the monster in all the gameplay time I've logged. Maybe because I always make sure my children have a night light? Maybe I should try playing without one for a while so I can see what happens!
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Those who made friends with the monster, how many tries did it take ya'll to get that? I've had about 10 kids in my game and not a single one has ever had successful interactions with a monster under the bed. Also, was there a specific trait those kids had?
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    > @littlemissgogo said:
    > There is a particular nightlight. Base-game I believe. Coolala the Defender? He'll keep the monsters at bay permanently. They don't bother me much, mostly because I use the nightlight. I've had a child befriend the monster before. It was cute but she'd leap outta bed at a late hour and get too excited to sleep because he'd show up for play time.
    I've used this light multiple times and the monster still shows up. It's really annoying.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    @wormstache999 are you keeping it near the bed? hm. does appear that some people can't quell the monsters in their game with the light. must be a bug. there used to be a mod for it on MTS but looks like it's gone now. try selling the bed + light and replacing them both. some folks say it only works in certain light colors too. try the pink?
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    LeKeishLeKeish Posts: 17 Member
    I tried the nightlight but I still get a monster under the bed every night. :'(
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited September 2017
    Surprisingly, I have never seen the monster under the bed yet. I don't know if I have found the right formula to keep it away or have just been lucky. No mods or CC and a very good computer. No idea.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Katlyn2525 Maybe because you use a double bed or a coffin

The monster also appear under this bed from GP01 Outdoor Retreat.
    The kids get too much imagination.

3c2a8647-0010d023-00010d02.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Katlyn2525 Maybe because you use a double bed or a coffin

The monster also appear under this bed from GP01 Outdoor Retreat.
    The kids get too much imagination.

3c2a8647-0010d023-00010d02.jpg

Nope, I am afraid it was a toddler bed. Just lucky I guess. Maybe it doesn't come out for toddlers and only children. That is probably the answer right there. I rarely age them up long enough to see the monster under the bed. But seriously, I don't see the nightmares either.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on