March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I made some changes to my career, but for some reason they don't seem to be reflected in the download. They show up on the web site, but they don't seem to overwrite the career when I export it. I keep getting the original version. What am I doing wrong?
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited June 2018
    Double post. Don't know why.
    Post edited by Bronwin2 on
  • ChibiNoNakamaChibiNoNakama Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello, (I apologize for my English, I'm French.)
    I created some career thanks to this tutorial, but I have a problem adding some fillers.
    The name and description of the girl does not position it in the right place. They should find this on the first icon and not the last one.
    would anyone have a solution? (I followed all the tutorial without skipping step and it is that with the sector that it poses a problem)
  • MaïaGame911MaïaGame911 Posts: 14 New Member
    Bonsoir et merci pour ton outil Neia ^^

J'ai suivi à la lettre le tuto complet, j'ai bien 3 fichiers (2 package + 1 ts4script) Sauf qu'en jeu ça ne fonctionne pas, ça n'affiche même pas les carrières du jeu. Je dois surement louper quelque chose, ça me rend dingue car je veux créer pour ma communauté qui me suit. Peux tu avoir la gentillesse de m'aider stp ? As tu besoin d'une capture écran ou du fichier RAR de la carrière ? Merci d'avance ^^ Maïa Game
  • Kayla_ElaineKayla_Elaine Posts: 2,240 Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the tool Neia! I love your careers and thought I would play around with making my own.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Bronwin2
    No daily task in the tool at the moment. What's your username/career that isn't exporting properly ?

@David-Stephens
    Thanks ! It's a bug with the STBL resource when the career is huge. I'll take a look.
  • MisZaShley09MisZaShley09 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi Neia! I was able to create my own custom career with your tool and it works well in game. However, I realized that I was not able to have any custom career outfits for each level. Is their anyway I can do that with your tool? Or if you happen to know how to add career outfits to different career levels? Thank you!
  • ChibiNoNakamaChibiNoNakama Posts: 3 New Member
    @Neia
    I created some career thanks to this tutorial, but I have a problem adding some fillers.
    The name and description of the girl does not position it in the right place. They should find this on the first icon and not the last one.
    would anyone have a solution? ( aya85 careers : Armee de terre)
  • KyattKyatt Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I'm loving your career tool @Neia! I have been making my own careers with it for a few weeks now and having lots of fun with it!

Like many others I have been wondering if there's a way to set a career outfit for specific levels. I use the cheat in-game to do it but I would like to add them through the mod so that I wouldn't have to do it so many times in the game. XD

I also have been wondering if you could consider adding a way to use a STBL file to add other language texts into the tool. I got some careers that other users helped me translate and I always update the mod myself with it with Sims4Studio but with each patch update I also need to add the translations all over again. It would be easier if we could just add the translation from the STBL file in your tool.

Thank you again for making such a great tool available for us! You rock!
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    @neia33 I just wanted to let you know that the Seasons Expansion completely wrecked your Careers mod. I took out all my script mods individually, and tried to start my game, after noticing the issue. The issue was families would not load. (Not all of them, just ones with custom careers) It would send me to the worlds screen and give me this error: Game failed to load, Error code: 102:C4caa9ed:eeb17472 - there was also an issue with the phone. It was not accessible/playable at all. And it had a series of "code" random letters and numbers. I couldn't take a pic, since it was in the UI.. but, after seeing that, I exited the game without saving, and removed ALL my custom careers :( (Really made me realize how much I depend on your mod for gameplay! :'( - and went back in, and the game was back to normal. The families loaded, and the phone issue was fixed. This issue continued for 14 game starts. I removed the following mods looking for the issue: Explore Mod, Pre-school Mod, Afer Shcool Club mod, Better grade school, Better High school, College degree, Grow a beard, MC Command Center (All BrittPinkieSims mods - funeral, shower, bachelor party (ette) party, slumber party, prom, graduation.. - each one individually, until I realized it was your mod. Please please update soon! I depend on your careers in pretty much every family I play :'( .. I don't even want to play my family now, without your careers! :(
    @MisZaShley09
    It's not possible in the tool at the moment

@Kyatt
    You can add all the texts in the different languages in the Text block, just under the one with the Tracks. Click on the language you have the translation for, and you'll have a page with all the texts in that language. That way, it will export with all the languages you have entered and English as a default if there's nothing available.

@s_stutler
    Are you using the version I uploaded on June 19th ? There has been changes to custom careers so you need to download the updated version.
    edited June 2018
    @s_stutler
    Are you using the version I uploaded on June 19th ? There has been changes to custom careers so you need to download the updated version.[/quote]

I'm not sure. Probably not. D: So- what I should be able to do then is replace all the Custom Career Packages in all the custom careers to get them working? I'll try it out and let you know! ;) Thanks! : D

...the weird thing is, I was able to play without any issues until this morning. I installed Seasons last night, the patch on the 19th- and none of the careers had any issues at all. I loaded the game up this morning, after playing for 5 hours straight, (From midnight to 5am this morning)- I turned the game off.. and then restarted it this morning and it was messed up. Very weird.
    edited June 2018
    Hey @Neia - So I went ahead and downloaded (What seems to be the new updated tool - from your create website) I also deleted any of the old ones in the folders of the careers I downloaded- plus updated my careers, and it seems to have fixed everything! THANK YOU :)<3:)
    Post edited by s_stutler on
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    I re-exported my careers and all of the text files were missing. So, I added them using s4pe and the old package files.
    @Simmiler
    I've checked in the database backups from a month ago and the texts were already missing. Not sure how that happened :/
  • shyginger4shyginger4 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having a problem with a promotion objective. I say that they need 4 levels of fitness, 1 of handiness, but handiness is just not showing up at all.
    In testing yesterday, it was only happening on the higher levels, but I thought that it was some error with the game not liking me to be so high on both skills, so I adjusted it... and now it's just really broken. :neutral:
  • ThriaThria Posts: 11 New Member
    @shyginger4
    You have to take objectives at level two. Level one is not displayed. I hope you can understand this? :-D
  • FriskierKitty422FriskierKitty422 Posts: 71 Member
    Hi, Neia! Your mod is a Godsend! I created a police career as a rabbithole because I was tired of hitting "Send Alone" for the GTW track.

I have an issue though... I selected my levels to start at 0800 and go 10 hours. They go 10, but they all start at 2300 (11:00 pm) and go to 0900. Your website reflects the correct time, but when I export and put it in the game, all levels are "night shift."
    @shyginger4
    I shouldn't have put the level 1, like Thria said, it's just the basic level you start with for each skill, so it should start at 2. Make sure you have the Neia_Careers_Commons.package too, it's needed for some objectives.

@FriskierKitty422
    If you want your sims to go to work at 8am, you should put 8 in Start hour
  • shyginger4shyginger4 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, but earlier, before I changed the objectives, the higher level of handiness was not showing up at certain levels. It was like level 6+, and it completely vanished from the career after that. (So it went like "you need fitness level 6, handiness 6", but handiness did not show up. And it was fitness 8, handiness 8 for the next job tier, but again, no handiness.)

But I'll change things up and install the package file, just in case it is some error on my part.
    @Neia I did. The start time on the CAC site says 8:00, but in-game, the shift starts at 11:00 pm.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    @Neia I did. The start time on the CAC site says 8:00, but in-game, the shift starts at 11:00 pm.

It needs to say just 8, without the :00 part.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
    edited June 2018

It needs to say just 8, without the :00 part.

Ahhh... thank you. I had typed in 800 (without the colon). I've fixed it now. Will test it out.
  • WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    For the job clothing (you said that there are no clothing constraints), sims will wear their casual to work?
  • makochanmakochan Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, in many custom careers there is no "take a day off" option. Can this option be added via Create-A-Career?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top