Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim can't starve to death

Not sure If bug but with how this game is treated, wouldn't be surprised If it were intended. Once a Sim is supposed to starve to death, they just refill their Hunger need.

This is simulation game. Would it be possible to play it without constant help of community or do I really need to install some mod just so that I can play the way I want. Never had this problem in previous Sims games.

Comments

• PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I never tried to starve my Sims in TS4. In fact, since we cant down them in the pool anymore, I gave up trying to kill them at all! I think it is intended and not a bug, but I might try to starve one to find out! >:)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Nolthermo
    Yes sims can starve to death. Their hunger need shouldn't be refilling on its own. Are you sure the sim doesn't have any food in their inventory? If there is food, or fruits/vegetables, in their inventory, they could be eating it. I haven't tried to starve one in a while, so maybe its a bug. You could try searching EA HQ to see if its been reported. If it hasn't you could make a thread there about it.

@PugLove888 TS4 sims are able to drown in the pool. Because sims can climb out the side of the pool without using a ladder, you need to put a fence/wall around it, so they can't get out. When the sim's energy need drops and they are at the point of passing out, that is when they drown.

ETA drowning is the only way children can die in TS4. As far as I know. Emotions might be able to kill children, but I haven't experienced it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello
    If the sim was or is a NPC , they may have a hidden trait that stops them from aging or dying.
    The Weirdo, CityRepair , and StatueBusker hidden traits prevent aging and dying
    Try doing this. Play as the sim. Then type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    traits.remove_trait isWeirdo
    Press enter

See if that helps.
    isWeirdo can be replaced in the removal cheat with isCityRepair or isStatueBusker if that is the hidden trait that they have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Nolthermo
    Yes sims can starve to death. Their hunger need shouldn't be refilling on its own. Are you sure the sim doesn't have any food in their inventory? If there is food, or fruits/vegetables, in their inventory, they could be eating it. I haven't tried to starve one in a while, so maybe its a bug. You could try searching EA HQ to see if its been reported. If it hasn't you could make a thread there about it.

@PugLove888 TS4 sims are able to drown in the pool. Because sims can climb out the side of the pool without using a ladder, you need to put a fence/wall around it, so they can't get out. When the sim's energy need drops and they are at the point of passing out, that is when they drown.

ETA drowning is the only way children can die in TS4. As far as I know. Emotions might be able to kill children, but I haven't experienced it.

@SparklePlumley , thanks for the info! :) I still don't know why they made Sims able to get out of the pool without a ladder. :| It seems that should only be an option for Sims that are really athletic/strong/fit. IRL it is extremely difficult for an average person to be able to get out of the pool like they do in the game! (and they do it with such ease! :o ) Plus building a fence around the pool is an expensive way to kill your Sim, unless you like to play with the money cheats! ;) But at least we can still drown them if we want to.
    @rosemow Nice to know we can starve them too if they don't have the Weirdo trait or the other NPC traits mentioned! ;) Do you know what else these special hidden traits do? Thanks!
    Well @rosemow , thanks for replying anyway! o:)
    I have a house that has a repairman stuck in it and resetting him does not work. So, I had my Sim marry him. He should then have the hidden trait. B)
    Unfortunately marrying him did not fix the problem since a new repairman appeared in his place. I had another Sim in the household marry that one, and now have 2 Handymen living in the house ... but a new 3rd one was sent and is still stuck out at the front of the house! It is a never-ending supply of repairmen! :o:D
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    I have a house that has a repairman stuck in it and resetting him does not work. So, I had my Sim marry him. He should then have the hidden trait. B)
    Unfortunately marrying him did not fix the problem since a new repairman appeared in his place. I had another Sim in the household marry that one, and now have 2 Handymen living in the house ... but a new 3rd one was sent and is still stuck out at the front of the house! It is a never-ending supply of repairmen! :o:D

Hello
    Try adding the repairman to a group that comtains your sim. Then disband the group. Then see if there is an option to " ask to leave" Doing this has helped other sims with this issue,
    Thanks @rosemow , I will try that! :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Nolthermo

@SparklePlumley , thanks for the info! :) I still don't know why they made Sims able to get out of the pool without a ladder. :| It seems that should only be an option for Sims that are really athletic/strong/fit. IRL it is extremely difficult for an average person to be able to get out of the pool like they do in the game! (and they do it with such ease! :o ) Plus building a fence around the pool is an expensive way to kill your Sim, unless you like to play with the money cheats! ;) But at least we can still drown them if we want to.
    @rosemow Nice to know we can starve them too if they don't have the Weirdo trait or the other NPC traits mentioned! ;) Do you know what else these special hidden traits do? Thanks!
    I'm not a very athletic person, very average, and I hardly ever use the ladder to get out of a pool irl :o I once drowned a sim in TS3 by the way without building a wall. I just kept deleting her plans to get out (first making sure she was very tired).
    5JZ57S6.png
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Try adding the repairman to a group that comtains your sim. Then disband the group. Then see if there is an option to " ask to leave" Doing this has helped other sims with this issue,

@rosemow , I tried adding the extra repairman to a group, and that option was grayed out and it said it wasn't available because they were too busy! :/ I tried forming a new group with that person and nothing happened. I then tried to travel with the repairman but they didn't show up and I got a message that they were too busy! :s Apparently they are still considered "on the clock" but there is no option to fire them or dismiss them! :o
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Nolthermo

I'm not a very athletic person, very average, and I hardly ever use the ladder to get out of a pool irl :o I once drowned a sim in TS3 by the way without building a wall. I just kept deleting her plans to get out (first making sure she was very tired).

I don't know of anybody who gets out of the pool that way ... they always use the ladder or the steps IRL. I've seen it on TV but the people doing it were strong and athletic or very young and athletic. My in-laws even have a pool and we always discuss how it is easy to climb the first step or rung, but then how hard it is because you weigh less in water and once enough of you is out of the water you feel your weight more without the water to help keep you buoyant! :D My brother and his family also used to have a pool and no one ever got out of it without the ladder or the stairs! I think as a child I had neighbors with teenaged sons who might of gotten out of the pool this way (I don't really remember), but one was very tall and the other was very athletic and a bit of a dare-devil! But that was the exception in all my real life examples. I never thought of it as a common thing at all! :o

I could try what you did in TS3 by cancelling their actions to get out of the pool, but the game seems to lately have problems with overriding my decisions and forcing my Sims' own agendas! :'( I don't really want to turn autonomy down, but I might have to, or else build that fence! ;) Thanks for your reply! :)

Hello

@rosemow , I tried adding the extra repairman to a group, and that option was grayed out and it said it wasn't available because they were too busy! :/ I tried forming a new group with that person and nothing happened. I then tried to travel with the repairman but they didn't show up and I got a message that they were too busy! :s Apparently they are still considered "on the clock" but there is no option to fire them or dismiss them! :o

Another option is to type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Then shift click him and click " add to household"
    Then go to manage household , click on your sims household, and move the repairman to his own new household. Then click on the new household with the repairman in it and delete this new household.
    edited July 2017
    @Nolthermo

I don't know of anybody who gets out of the pool that way ... they always use the ladder or the steps IRL. I've seen it on TV but the people doing it were strong and athletic or very young and athletic. My in-laws even have a pool and we always discuss how it is easy to climb the first step or rung, but then how hard it is because you weigh less in water and once enough of you is out of the water you feel your weight more without the water to help keep you buoyant! :D My brother and his family also used to have a pool and no one ever got out of it without the ladder or the stairs! I think as a child I had neighbors with teenaged sons who might of gotten out of the pool this way (I don't really remember), but one was very tall and the other was very athletic and a bit of a dare-devil! But that was the exception in all my real life examples. I never thought of it as a common thing at all! :o

I could try what you did in TS3 by cancelling their actions to get out of the pool, but the game seems to lately have problems with overriding my decisions and forcing my Sims' own agendas! :'( I don't really want to turn autonomy down, but I might have to, or else build that fence! ;) Thanks for your reply! :)
    I feel so strong now and I have the weakest arms in the world :D Maybe it depends on how high the edge of the pool is, I don't know.
    I would try turning autonomy down, just for a while. It's more natural than building that wall haha. I'd say 'hope you'll succeed' but that sounds a little macabre, given the subject we're discussing o:)
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited July 2017
    @JoAnne65 Well, no matter how strong I get, I probably couldn't do it because I am short! ;) LOL But my brother and husband are average height and they use the stairs or ladder. My brother-in-law and ex-sister-in-law are tall and I never saw them get out of the pool without a ladder or steps, so who knows!?!
    I will try to turn down autonomy just for some old-school Sims mischief. >:) Not as funny as a disappearing ladder, but that's TS4! Yes, it is a macabre subject, but I always like testing the game to see what can be done, like talking to the computerized toilets that came with City Living (I discovered as you talk more with them, you develop a "relationship" with different interactions! LOL) I don't usually kill my Sims, but I haven't drowned them in a while so its nice to know how to do it. Thanks for your replies! o:)

Hello

testingcheats true
    Then go to manage household , click on your sims household, and move the repairman to his own new household. Then click on the new household with the repairman in it and delete this new household.

@rosemow , that last tip worked! :) Now I don't have an endless supply of repairmen darkening my Sim's doorstep! Thank you! o:)<3

Hello

testingcheats true

@rosemow , that last tip worked! :) Now I don't have an endless supply of repairmen darkening my Sim's doorstep! Thank you! o:)<3

You're welcome :)
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

@Nolthermo

Do you know you do not have to kill a sim you do not want?. you can just delete a single sim from a household or any sim. just go to manage households, go to the one that has the pencil icon. and click on the one you do not want. also, you can delete the whole family. no guilt lol.
    unless you just love to kill sims? :o>:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    Stormsview wrote: »
    @Nolthermo

Do you know you do not have to kill a sim you do not want?. you can just delete a single sim from a household or any sim. just go to manage households, go to the one that has the pencil icon. and click on the one you do not want. also, you can delete the whole family. no guilt lol.
    Killing a sim can have other purposes than just getting rid of them. In my case I needed a tomb stone with a drowned ghost. I know it works slightly different in Sims 4 but I think there will be a ghost in 4 as well?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I never tried to starve my Sims in TS4. In fact, since we cant down them in the pool anymore, I gave up trying to kill them at all! I think it is intended and not a bug, but I might try to starve one to find out! >:)

They pull some sort of food from their butt, it's almost impossible and been that way since sometime in 2016.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    @Nolthermo

That solution doesn't help mad scientist and crazy lunatics torture victims...it was always a thing in The Sims to torture Sims, without feeling any guilt. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Nolthermo

I almost never use the ladder because I find the steps too small lol. So yeah people definitely get out of pools that way :)

@JoAnne65 yes if they die there's a ghost :)
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    @Nolthermo

What does ETA mean?
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
    ElenPink wrote: »
    @Nolthermo

What does ETA mean?
    Edited to add ;)
    5JZ57S6.png