Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please tone down the vampire CAS animation.

2...Next

Comments

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    You always have to look on the bright side of things, if for instance you have 15 vampire guest.. Then chances are you wont have 15 water glasses to clean up after they're gone, there is always a plus side to things :D

That said it is a little over the top sometimes how often they do it, but hissing can be increased dramatically if you pick that as a weakness.

Actually my vamps still grab water and make drinks at my bar ad nausium. They just then leave them all over the place.
    I for one am thrilled the developers have made this game with goldfish in mind so that should a goldfish somehow grow arms, log into a computer and play Sims 4, they won't need to worry about forgetting their Sim is a vampire because the Sim will remind them every 4 seconds. More features should be fine-tuned to be goldfish-friendly.

lmao :D Goldfish rights are important.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I was just thinking this the other day since I finally started playing with vampires. I don't mind the animation occasionally, but it's definitely too frequent! Every time I zoom out they immediately do their hissing.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I think the ideal would be a toggle that allows you to enable the CAS idle or put the sim in a static pose (ideally, a toggle button within CAS that's easily clickable on/off while editing your sim).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    You always have to look on the bright side of things, if for instance you have 15 vampire guest.. Then chances are you wont have 15 water glasses to clean up after they're gone, there is always a plus side to things :D

That said it is a little over the top sometimes how often they do it, but hissing can be increased dramatically if you pick that as a weakness.

There is no "plus side" to bugs that shouldn't be in the game, period.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Izzeh96 wrote: »
    Flanodaa wrote: »
    Dude there's like 12 different mods created solely to make sims stand still in CAS if it bothers you that much :0

Thing is, I like being able to see how the outfit looks when my sims is moving around, also I want to see if their hands are clipping through a skirt/dress (because I use a lot of cc) and with the way sims usually stand when using those mods I can't see that. Also with cc I need to see how the hair looks and moves because if the hair looks dodgy I won't use it. So I won't be using those mods, I don't mind my sims moving around a little, it's just that the vampires have this plum invasive animation.
    Get one of those mods, dress them up, enable full cas edit cheat, select walking style and see how the sim is walking. This way you dont have the vampire hissing and have an option to see how it looks with a walking sim.
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Dude there's like 12 different mods created solely to make sims stand still in CAS if it bothers you that much :0

I'm just someone who doesn't use mods or any external downloadable content. There's a few of us out there.
    You cant complain about the rain if you dont want to use an umbrella when taking a walk in the rain. I dont see the logic in refusing the use the ONLY solution available. It improves your game, USE IT!

With MCCC its a walk inthe park. Without its a nightmare. I have a household with 8 vampires. Without MCCC they constantly got water and nearly starved...
  • Izzeh96Izzeh96 Posts: 152 Member
    Zasz wrote: »

Thing is, I like being able to see how the outfit looks when my sims is moving around, also I want to see if their hands are clipping through a skirt/dress (because I use a lot of cc) and with the way sims usually stand when using those mods I can't see that. Also with cc I need to see how the hair looks and moves because if the hair looks dodgy I won't use it. So I won't be using those mods, I don't mind my sims moving around a little, it's just that the vampires have this plum invasive animation.
    Get one of those mods, dress them up, enable full cas edit cheat, select walking style and see how the sim is walking. This way you dont have the vampire hissing and have an option to see how it looks with a walking sim.

I'm just someone who doesn't use mods or any external downloadable content. There's a few of us out there.
    You cant complain about the rain if you dont want to use an umbrella when taking a walk in the rain. I dont see the logic in refusing the use the ONLY solution available. It improves your game, USE IT!

With MCCC its a walk inthe park. Without its a nightmare. I have a household with 8 vampires. Without MCCC they constantly got water and nearly starved...

So because you feel it isn't annoying we should mod it out, as you've seen it seems most people agree with me. Also just because someone doesn't like to use mods they can't complain about something like this? I fully believe the simgurus can just adapt this a bit.

Like I and many others have expressed, we don't mind that our sims move about a bit, I don't even mind the vampire animation itself it's just too often, that's the only thing, what's wrong with asking if it can be changed?

I'm sorry if this comes across angry or anything, I'm bad at voicing my opinions. :/
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
    English isn't my first language but I'm like 90% fluent.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Zasz wrote: »

I'm not allowed to because I am using someone else's computer. Their rules not mine, until I get money for my own I am unable to use mods. No need to be so aggressive about it :/
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    The change I would personally love to see is having the "creepy walk" be something you can choose for your "dark form." And have your vampire ONLY use that walk while in "dark form."
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Exactly! It bugs me to no end as well. I usually have them zoomed in so they stand still. Once or twice, okay but not every millisecond.
    Especially when kids do it, god so cringy... :s
    Also with elders that they sigh, wheeze and whine so freaking much. I get it, they're old but still a pet peeve of mine :lol:
  • alexis117alexis117 Posts: 13 New Member
    create a vampire has so much ear 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it's every 4 seconds i have to put up with hissing that is why i prefer to make my human sim then have a vampire bite them or cheat a vampire PS we need more expansions only got 4