Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please tone down the vampire CAS animation.

Everyone probably knows what I'm talking about, the annoying hissing/growling whatever that happens basically every 5-10 seconds (at least that's what it feels like). It gets annoying so fast, I want to see what an outfit looks like from all angles; hissing, I want to edit a part of the face; first wait for the hissing to be over so I don't eff up the face, etc.
It's not like I will forget they're a vampire or something, I mean you have to click on 'create a vampire' and there's a vampire image above the traits so I don't get why it happens so frequently. The regular CAS animations are so much better and less invasive. I have a mod installed that makes your sims stand still but it looks so unnatural that I'm gonna take that out but then the hissing will be back.

Please tone it down, I beg you simgurus.
B9uC3gV.png?1
One of my WIP's

My build showcase
English isn't my first language but I'm like 90% fluent.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would like if they remove all the CAS animations and make the Sim stand still no matter if human or vampire. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    I did find that kinda of annoying when making a vampire so I can agree.

I'd also like it if they did this with the Sims 4 Vampires:
    -Add the option to make plasma fruit salad in the "have a quick meal" option on the refrigerator. The reason is because one vampire is easy enough to maintain on thirst, but then add in a whole household of vampires and it becomes annoying. If there was an autonomous option to keep thirst at bay, then it would be more enjoyable to play the undead without have to struggle with the thirst need every time. (Plasma packs somewhat solve this, but the player still HAS to intervene to make this happen and the rate at which vampires drink plasma packs is fairly quick.)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    But don't they growl and hiss every 5 secs in the game are you asking about that also?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    > @pepperjax1230 said:
    > But don't they growl and hiss every 5 secs in the game are you asking about that also?

ya that is why I'm somewhat indifferent on it.
  • Options
    DJrax wrote: »
    > @pepperjax1230 said:
    > But don't they growl and hiss every 5 secs in the game are you asking about that also?

ya that is why I'm somewhat indifferent on it.
    I actually don't have a problem with the vampires so I don't notice what they do I just let them live their lives and my sims live theirs.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    > @pepperjax1230 said:
    > DJrax wrote: »
    >
    > > @pepperjax1230 said:
    > > But don't they growl and hiss every 5 secs in the game are you asking about that also?
    >
    > ya that is why I'm somewhat indifferent on it.
    >
    >
    >
    > I actually don't have a problem with the vampires so I don't notice what they do I just let them live their lives and my sims live theirs.

pretty much
  • Options
    I don't know how you make the quote box indicating the text quoted, but i basically said "pretty much, that's how I feel about it"
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    But don't they growl and hiss every 5 secs in the game are you asking about that also?
    I believe the issue here is that in CAS you want to work on them, so it's annoying if an animation shows up too often because it means you have to wait till you can continue with that. I agree with Cinebar here by the way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    i don't agree that the animations should be removed completely. it's nice to get a preview of what they will look like in game because they're not just going to be staring blank faced when they're in the world. but it would be nice to have it toned down for at least vampires. for non vampires I don't notice it bothering me nearly as much if ever.
  • Options
    zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Posts: 2 New Member
    THANK YOU! this always 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off so much. I'm glad someone else agrees.
  • Options
    zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Posts: 2 New Member
    I said a word and it turned it into plum.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I believe the issue here is that in CAS you want to work on them, so it's annoying if an animation shows up too often because it means you have to wait till you can continue with that. I agree with Cinebar here by the way.
    I agree with Cine to but vampires do that in the game to so are they annoyed just in CAS or are they annoyed that they do it all the time?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I would like if they remove all the CAS animations and make the Sim stand still no matter if human or vampire. :)

I'm OK with some, like when I select traits or am not in any sort of editing mode, but otherwise, if I am picking clothing or moving body parts around I really don't need the extra movements either.
    Also vampire hissing all the time bothers me in game unless my vamp has the hissing weakness I really don't like it when they hiss. I mean if I'm trying to play a vampire that blends in with society it is immersion breaking to have them start doing claw hands and hiss in groups of people. Seriously nobody sane does that like vamps do in game why do they feel the need to do it, All. The. Plum. Time. :angry:
  • Options
    Izzeh96Izzeh96 Posts: 152 Member

This is the case indeed, it's annoying that if you want to change something you first need to wait for that animation to end. The hissing and growling in game I haven't really noticed since I've only recently got into the actual gameplay instead of just creating sims and building. It might start to annoy me in the game as well though. I hope that cleared up the confusion :)
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    I agree with Cine to but vampires do that in the game to so are they annoyed just in CAS or are they annoyed that they do it all the time?

Does it not bother you when you are critiquing your own work on a Sim's face while building a Sim in CAS they won't stand still...? It drives me nuts, stop looking up and to the side and smiling while I'm trying to determine if your nose is correct or not..lol...that sort of thing. Just stand still darn it. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Does it not bother you when you are critiquing your own work on a Sim's face while building a Sim in CAS they won't stand still...? It drives me nuts, stop looking up and to the side and smiling while I'm trying to determine if your nose is correct or not..lol...that sort of thing. Just stand still darn it. :D
    Well now that you mentioned that yes :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    PyxieytPyxieyt Posts: 48 Member
    Well I like it when they move so I can see if their hair is off or so etching like that but they could town it down for vampires. Maybe they have a mod for it!
  • Options
    FlanodaaFlanodaa Posts: 56 Member
    Dude there's like 12 different mods created solely to make sims stand still in CAS if it bothers you that much :0
  • Options
    Izzeh96Izzeh96 Posts: 152 Member
    Flanodaa wrote: »
    Dude there's like 12 different mods created solely to make sims stand still in CAS if it bothers you that much :0

Thing is, I like being able to see how the outfit looks when my sims is moving around, also I want to see if their hands are clipping through a skirt/dress (because I use a lot of cc) and with the way sims usually stand when using those mods I can't see that. Also with cc I need to see how the hair looks and moves because if the hair looks dodgy I won't use it. So I won't be using those mods, I don't mind my sims moving around a little, it's just that the vampires have this stupid invasive animation.
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

I'm just someone who doesn't use mods or any external downloadable content. There's a few of us out there.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Dude is rude and they explained mod usage in this respect in their OP.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I think they should stand still and EA put in a "preview button" option so when we are ready to see how our choices pan out we can choose the timing.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I like the animations.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I for one am thrilled the developers have made this game with goldfish in mind so that should a goldfish somehow grow arms, log into a computer and play Sims 4, they won't need to worry about forgetting their Sim is a vampire because the Sim will remind them every 4 seconds. More features should be fine-tuned to be goldfish-friendly.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    You always have to look on the bright side of things, if for instance you have 15 vampire guest.. Then chances are you wont have 15 water glasses to clean up after they're gone, there is always a plus side to things :D

That said it is a little over the top sometimes how often they do it, but hissing can be increased dramatically if you pick that as a weakness.