Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basement Tool Crashing

mzabsmzabs Posts: 76 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
So I imported a "bank" from the exchange that was built in 2009. Apparently this was before a basement patch or something? Anyway, I place a basement and from the top you see the blue squares, but if you go down a level, there's nothing there. And if I try to click the basement tool to build there, my game crashes. I tried saving the lot to my library and placing that one instead, same problem. I tried changing the lot type, same problem. But I can build basements just fine on new lots. Help? :sweat:

Edit 1: Tried using Nraas to "Reset Everything" in the town, and it did nothing to help.

Edit 2: This is the lot I'm trying to build a basement on: Sim Bank
What I'm trying to do in the end, is get a Business/Journalism rabbit hole building underneath it so I can use this lot as my Sim's work destination with the Banking Career mod.

UPDATE: Finally was able to use Rabbit Hole rugs to use the bank as a bank. But if anyone wants to take a crack at why the basement tool crashes, that would be nice!
www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
Post edited by mzabs on

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    If you build your own basement does the tool crash? If your able to build a basement without crashing I suspect there is something wrong with the lot you downloaded @igazor input thanks!
  • mzabsmzabs Posts: 76 Member
    I loaded a completely fresh lot and was able to build a basement, no problem, no glitches. :) It just seems to be with this lot I downloaded from the Exchange.
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    The lot you downloaded probably has some kind of routing issues .
  • mzabsmzabs Posts: 76 Member
    That's too bad. Lucky for me I was able to get the lot to do what I wanted without a basement!
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa