Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Childhood Phases

Is there any way to turn these off entirely? (Including using cheats?).

I am starting to get annoyed because my teen sim is having a mean streak phase and I can't get her social need up without ruining relationships or chatting on the computer (which takes longer). I am also open to suggestions on other ways to get my sims' social need up that won't ruin relationships.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    No, there isn't a way to turn these off. I don't know if there's a mod that does that...
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    This is a link to a page that contains Parenthood cheats. There is a section towards the bottom of the page, with cheats to remove each of the childhood phases
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/parentcheats
  • Options
    StitchSimmer626StitchSimmer626 Posts: 4 New Member
    I got Parenthood for my birthday the year at it's AMAZING!!! I love all the new stuff in build and buy mode, the new actions with toddlers, children, and teens, and I love all the cash items and phases!!!!! ❤️❤️
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    I got Parenthood for my birthday the year at it's AMAZING!!! I love all the new stuff in build and buy mode, the new actions with toddlers, children, and teens, and I love all the cash items and phases!!!!! ❤️❤️

I like a lot of it too!
    2 things though
    What do you mean by "cash items"?
    And does anyone know how to get a kid out of the "I want to be a bear" phase? I've never had anyone's phase last so long, and I honestly don't want to play the family because he's driving me nuts!
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    indi_geckoindi_gecko Posts: 15 Member
    I think they meant CAS items and it got autocorrected.

For the bear phase, under the parenting (like friendly or romance) wheel, hit ask about being a bear, and dress as a bear with kid.
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @indi_gecko
    Thank you so much!
    I guess I will play that family again, lol
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Does anyone know how to make the child go past their Mean Streak phase? Do I have to be mean with them so it eventually goes away?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Does anyone know how to make the child go past their Mean Streak phase? Do I have to be mean with them so it eventually goes away?

Do you have the parenting pack? Just use the “ask about phase” interaction until they talk to you about it. They’ll tell you what you can do to help. For example, showing affection reduces the rebellious one. Haven’t seen mean streak yet.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @Metaphasic And what about if they don't have a parent/guardian for that, like single teens living on their own?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I've decided the bear base is kind of cute, if long. It would have been nice to have an option somewhere to tell off the ones in the loud phase for listening to loud music though.
    image.png