Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @funkeeferret Oh my, what a nice surprise! I downloaded and recommended the house. I placed it in my game and it is big, and lots of room to move around in! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it <3 The house has the basics needed to move in, so when my sims make money they can furnish it more and decorate it, love that idea. Sometimes I buy a house unfurnished and furnish as I go which is an interesting way to play!

I don't believe we have met, but thank you from the bottom of my heart for building this beautiful house for me <3
    @ZeeGee it was Jared that died when the meteor struck :D Connor is ready to die of old age though!

I will admit I got sidetracked when I noticed Rflong had the "Isles of Sims111 out (I think that is the name). It is a medium world and I did have to reinstall the rest of my expansions to try it out :D Her worlds are flawless and beautiful. Then I snagged "Ridgeview in Summer, which is an empty medium world with roads and trees and that is it. I have spent the last two days placing City hall and all those down, throwing a sidewalk and benches and trees in with them. I have houses that I actually built (starters) that have turned out pretty decent. Of course people move out (it says we should try to decorate and make the town more attractive to keep citizens there :DB) yeah, ok ;) I really love the empty world, so I build it to my liking. I put the houses in that was made for me also. I doubled up on them and changed the color on the outside so they are not exactly alike :* I will be going back to Sunset Valley and see what is happening there. I usually play one sim till the main characters turn old, then I delete the world and start over. I am having a blast playing my sims and continuing the world now, meeting new townies that I know nothing about :D

@Jude525 My saying used to be...."My Sims is my second life"......now that I am retired, my saying is....."My Sims Is My Life" :D:s:p>:)
  • funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    @ZeeGee, thanks for the compliment on the Hickory house. I had fun building it! I'm so glad I saw this thread because it got me building houses again, which I haven't done since sims 2.

@Jude525, thank you for your comments and compliments on the house. Yes, the house sure does have that sims 2-ish look, lol. I haven't practiced building in sims 3 much, I've been mostly redoing the EA houses for my sims, but after making this house, I can't wait to build more of them in different styles. I also liked your childhood house and also the story behind it. Very nice!

@charlotteprice, it was a lot of fun building the house. Thanks for downloading and recommending it. I wondered if it was going to be a bit large for what you had in mind, but it just kind of happened that way, lol. I want to upload the house again completely furnished to see how it looks. It will be fun to see how it turns out. It was very nice meeting you too! I haven't played sims in some years now and it's fun to be back in the game.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @funkeeferret I am thrilled to hear that you are "coming out of retirement!" I've been playing since the original. And though I own Sims 4 with some expansions, I am a die hard 3 fan. It helps that I own everything they ever released, including the store as of last month. I've always enjoyed designing houses and The Sims (all of them) gave me a very convenient way to pursue this hobby. Yes, it has some limitations that a true architectural application wouldn't have. But the learning curve is much lower and the fact that it then adds to my Sims' game play is infinitely valuable. I have downloaded your house, but would enjoy seeing a furnished version.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Jude525, I don't own Sims 4 (yet?). I'm due for a new computer, but until then, I will stick to Sims 3. I really do enjoy it. Congrats on owning the store!!! I own five expansion packs and one stuff pack. Thanks for downloading my house! I do plan on furnishing the Hickory House soon. It's right up there on my to do list. I'm looking forward to learning more about what all there is available in building houses in Sims 3 (eight years after it's release, lol). I don't think I have even checked out the entire build catalog!
    @Jude525, I don't own Sims 4 (yet?). I'm due for a new computer, but until then, I will stick to Sims 3. I really do enjoy it. Congrats on owning the store!!! I own five expansion packs and one stuff pack. Thanks for downloading my house! I do plan on furnishing the Hickory House soon. It's right up there on my to do list. I'm looking forward to learning more about what all there is available in building houses in Sims 3 (eight years after it's release, lol). I don't think I have even checked out the entire build catalog!

I've mentioned in previous conversations that I'm exploring the EPs one at a time, after having owned most of them for years and never gotten to know them well. The one down side is that until I install each one I don't have access to the Build items included. But, conversely, I'm still constantly finding new things to use. Especially since I have all the SPs and the store content already installed. I played with the idea of starting with the base game and adding store sets and SPs gradually, but I realized that I just am not that patient!
    aka Jude

My Studio

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    I've mentioned in previous conversations that I'm exploring the EPs one at a time, after having owned most of them for years and never gotten to know them well. The one down side is that until I install each one I don't have access to the Build items included. But, conversely, I'm still constantly finding new things to use. Especially since I have all the SPs and the store content already installed. I played with the idea of starting with the base game and adding store sets and SPs gradually, but I realized that I just am not that patient!

I'm doing this in my 'play' game. I've got up to Late Night installed. It's helping me to learn more about the play of each EP instead of having them all at once. The only thing is sometimes I'll be looking for an outfit, hair or furniture and after much searching realize it came with a certain pack that I've disabled. *roll eyes*

I originally was going to also install the store content in the order that it came out but gave up on that idea because I have all my store content installed Ciane's way and to try to do it over again without being organized in that way would be asking for problems. :) So I do have all the store content, which makes up for the lack of EP stuff.
    My saying used to be...."My Sims is my second life"......now that I am retired, my saying is....."My Sims Is My Life" :D:s:p>:)

@charlotteprice :lol: I look forward to that day though it's far away. :) At least Connor is still alive. Whew.
    Okay! This thread is going to be closing on September 1. There doesn't seem to be enough interest to keep it going. I guess the time has come and gone? Or Mya was just more lively?! We don't really have enough creation wishlists for simmers to choose to create things.

Anyway, the drawing for this month will be September 1. I'll write the names of the 3 entries on paper, toss them around, and put them in front of me. The first person to post - left, right or middle - I'll choose that piece of paper and that will be our winner!!
    I'm so disappointed about not having more response. I was looking forward to sources of inspiration for my builds. Not that I think I'll run out of ideas. I drive for Uber and just about every time I'm out driving I see some building that makes me think "mmmmmmm, maybe." And I do have my showcase thread for anyone interested in keeping track of where I go. Heck, I still have a few finished builds that I have yet to post there.

"I'll write the names of the 3 entries on paper, toss them around, and put them in front of me. " What? No random number generator running on the latest quantum computing software? LOL But, seriously, so on Friday you want someone to post left, middle or right and that will make the choice? I'm not making fun, but really asking. Cuz if so, I think it's brilliantly simple with as little bias as all that random number hooha.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525, have you seen that site called Hooked on Houses? Tons of inspiration there. They also have the TV sitcom houses on there. I love that site. :)

In other news - I'm still working on fully furnishing the Hickory House. I've completed the second floor and am working on the first floor now, then the landscaping will be last so I won't have to deal with trees getting in the way ;). It's a challenge trying to decorate houses using only the base game selections (furniture, wallpaper, floor plants, etc.) yet it keeps things simpler to do and maybe even less time consuming. I can't seem to find a lot that I really like, but I want to keep my houses (for the exchange, anyway) limited to the base game only, as much as possible. I actually miss the exterior walls in Sims 1!!! Well, I will do the best I can to make Hickory House look at least attractive. ;)
    I'm so disappointed about not having more response. I was looking forward to sources of inspiration for my builds. Not that I think I'll run out of ideas. I drive for Uber and just about every time I'm out driving I see some building that makes me think "mmmmmmm, maybe." And I do have my showcase thread for anyone interested in keeping track of where I go. Heck, I still have a few finished builds that I have yet to post there.

I'm disappointed too. The old thread was very lively. It was mentioned that this is oftentimes a slow period on the forums so maybe in the colder months when things pick back up I'll try again for a month and see how it goes? I've heard of this Uber thing but living in a small town don't know really what it is. Sounds like a cab driver somewhat so would be a great time to check out buildings!!

"I'll write the names of the 3 entries on paper, toss them around, and put them in front of me. " What? No random number generator running on the latest quantum computing software? LOL But, seriously, so on Friday you want someone to post left, middle or right and that will make the choice? I'm not making fun, but really asking. Cuz if so, I think it's brilliantly simple with as little bias as all that random number hooha.

LOL, I am perfectly serious! The random number generator ... etc, etc, (all I hear is the 'waah waah waah' of Charlie Brown's adults when you start speaking tech speak) is way above my head. :wink:
    Well, the "Hickory House Furnished" is now completely furnished and landscaped and uploaded to the exchange. I thought I used all base game objects only, but it shows something from Seasons, so I'm thinking it's the cherry tree(?). I tried to be careful. Sorry about that.
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9133272
    Since this furnished version of the house is not the house I submitted to this challenge, I will post photos of it in another thread.
    Thanks for looking!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Okay! This thread is going to be closing on September 1. There doesn't seem to be enough interest to keep it going. I guess the time has come and gone? Or Mya was just more lively?! We don't really have enough creation wishlists for simmers to choose to create things.

Anyway, the drawing for this month will be September 1. I'll write the names of the 3 entries on paper, toss them around, and put them in front of me. The first person to post - left, right or middle - I'll choose that piece of paper and that will be our winner!!

I understand, seems like it is a slow period here, maybe the wintertime will be better?

Great job the three builders did! I love them for their builds, and kind hearts for doing this <3

Been sick with some bug so not feeling well at all. Will pop back in tomorrow!
    @funkeeferret That's ok! You can post the pics here. I'd like to see furnished version. Or post the link to the other thread where you posted them.
    @charlotteprice Hope you feel better soon. :kissing_heart: Yeah, maybe I'll try again in the colder months. But thanks fir your participation!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @zeegee I'm sorry there was not more interest. I still don't have my puter back so couldn't build yet. If you try again later, hopefully I will have a working puter.

@Jude525 I drive as part of my job and when I see interesting houses or buildings I use my cell phone camera and take a quick pic if I can pull over close enough. I've probably have at least 15 pics in there right now that I haven't transferred to my puter.
    @funkeeferret That's ok! You can post the pics here. I'd like to see furnished version. Or post the link to the other thread where you posted them.
    Ok, thanks. I didn't want to be a hog, ;). Here is the newer version of Hickory House, now fully furnished. I was trying to make this house using base game objects only, but I think a few trees from Seasons slipped by me.

I hope you like it and thanks for looking!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9133272

nh4R9hT.jpg
    QUIGhAI.jpg
    9PGZZO7.jpg
    cabxlJT.jpg
    WufUdl1.jpg
    bJBeM0p.jpg
    aWwbGVL.jpg
  • creativity_rulezcreativity_rulez Posts: 108 Member
    This is really cool. I didn't know that there was already a creation thread in existence before I made my contest- the Creation Challenge Giveaway. I would like to participate in this and I would be more than happy to sponsor.

1) Worlds
    ---> Cities- the more skyscrapers, the better!
    ---> Bars, Clubs, Dive Bars
    ---> University lots
    ---> Dive lots (Island Paradise), Profession lots (Ambitions), Store Venues, etc

2) Houses/Luxury Mansions
    ---> House from Netflix’s Terrace House: Boys and Girls in the City
    ---> Mansions (64x64)
    ---> Late-Night apartments
    ---> Houseboats
    ---> Legacy Houses (64x64 lot)
    ---> Starter Homes (20x30, 30x30, 40x30 etc)

EPs: All
    SPs: All except for Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
    EA Sims 3 Worlds: Riverview, Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides, Roaring Heights, Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Lunar Lakes, Aurora Skies, Midnight Hollow
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: Everything. I own the store.
    Special Requests/Instructions: I really like modern houses- I would be happy to have anything between a 20x30 starter to a 64x64 mansion
    edited September 2017
    @bekkasan Hope you get your puter back soon. Sims 3 withdrawal is not fun. :smiley:

@funkeeferret Good job of furnishing! Looks nice.

@creativity_rulez That is quite the wishlist! You may have just revitalized this thread. You have some challenges on there that I'd sure like to try!

What do y'all think? Should we give it another month?

@creativity_rulez That is quite the wishlist! You may have just revitalized this thread. You have some challenges on there that I'd like sure like to try!

What do y'all think? Should we give it another month?

I love that idea! I'd sure participate again! :smiley:

edited September 2017
    I love that idea! I'd sure participate again! :smiley:

That's one!

I'm working a loooong day tomorrow so will be on around 8 pm Pacific time to announce the winner for September (according to the first left, right or middle post tomorrow!).

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I'm a 'middle' kind of girl, so here's to the middle poster!!
    Woke up early this morning and had more time than expected so here we go,

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....rump a pum pum rump a pum pum.....
    edited September 2017
    And the winner is....

@funkeeferret

YIPPEE! Congrats funkeeferret! *FIREWORKS EMOJI* :love:

Thanks to the other contestants and please try again for the October drawing.

Thanks to @bekkasan for providing the middle position. :smiley:

funkeeferret, if you have a wishlist please let us know what items you want. You'll be receiving 1100 SP from @scillakees and 400 from me. If you don't have a wishlist let us know who you would like to award your points to. :) I'll be back on in about 13 hours.

Oops, forgot to thank THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON... @scillakees who made up the majority portion of the prize this month! Sorry, Scilla, I'm an airhead. :neutral:
    Post edited by ZeeGee on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top