Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited February 2018
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    So… actually my health deteriorated so much I had to miss work, which is not good news. But I was able to play a little Sims today. Of course, instead of advancing all my ongoing projects, I just had to start a new one, since @Jude525 offered us a new wishlist! And of course I couldn't do something easy, I had to take the Lunar Lakes request even though I don't own LL.

I watched the official pictures and tried to make a little house (only one bedroom), with an honeycomb floorplan (since there is an honeycomb garden in the pictures). I underestimated how difficult it would be to furnish a house with so many diagonal walls but it worked fine in the end. I furnished it mostly with Into the Future, with some objects from Futureshock Bedroom. It's friendly for a cat.

It's nearly finished but I'm not that happy with the colours. I tried to follow the request, a little mismatched and lived in, and it's not bad but at the same time, I'm not that enthusiastic for the result. I used the fantasy trees present in LL and the floor paint tagged LL, so it should integrate well in that world. I hope.

I'm very sorry that you are so under the weather, but....

Oh wow, I'm so excited! If you aren't comfortable with the "lived in" aspect, don't stick with it. It is just one aspect of what I like. I'm very flexible. I think it's amazing that you decided to build for a world you don't own. And what's really interesting is that my original draft of my post included Into the Future, but I decided to leave that out because I didn't want to have to get into Dystopian/Utopian/Neutral.

I totally relate to getting drawn to a new project. It's like getting a shiny new toy. The other projects are still great, but the new one keeps tugging at you. And, in my experience, I often can fly through the new one because I am newly inspired. I know my Seasons park project has stalled. I've probably started and completed 4 builds since the last time I even touched that one.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you've made. And I do hope you are feeling better very soon. I know I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I got out yesterday, but it was too soon and I feel it today. But. like you, it's given me lots of Sim time. Although, in my case, I'm playing rather than building this week.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Merelhyn Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you're better soon. That is so exciting that you've actually built a LL house without LL! Can't wait to see what you've done.
    Jude525 wrote: »
    I totally relate to getting drawn to a new project. It's like getting a shiny new toy. The other projects are still great, but the new one keeps tugging at you. And, in my experience, I often can fly through the new one because I am newly inspired. I know my Seasons park project has stalled. I've probably started and completed 4 builds since the last time I even touched that one.

@Jude525 Yes this! Everyone's excited by this new project. I think you will get lots of entries with this wish! This 'sick' is a bad one. My hubs is strong as an ox but he got down with it and went out to soon and came down with it again, so be careful!
  • Options
    PS, I figured out the consignment thing. Didn't realize that it was a register interaction just like selling at a grocery store.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    If @creativity_rulez keep their wishlist for enough time for me to acquire all Store Modern Chick furniture, then I'll create something for them.
  • Options
    KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member

Okay first submission complete!

Creator’s Username:
    Kiearaphoenix
    Creator Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    Kiearaphoenix Wishlist
    Item Title:
    Sweet Mauve Cottage
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item:
    @Alphafen 's #3 starters of any kind.
    Exchange Link:
    Linky
    Description:
    A small cute starter studio cottage. I tried to make it look like it could belong in a fairytale.
    Like, if snow white was tired of living with the seven dwarves and wanted a small place of her own. ^_^

Details:
    1 studio Bdrm, 1 Bath
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? None
    Do you have CC in your game folder? Yes.
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    front
    a5191e466119c379f6afb68a49a9f5ff.jpg
    bedroom
    0a2d15e8240e78cf21cd700e9ac63916.png
    overshot
    94eb7225ea6ce9969ed1bfa2cbe3f1b9.jpg
  • Options
    @ninaumi No one has ever removed a wishlist! I guess there's a first time for everything. :)

@KiearaPhoenix Very cute! Love the patterned wood.
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @KiearaPhoenix Thank you! What colours and character! I love the deep rich purple combined with the just as rich patterned wood <3 Also I very much appreciate that you've separated the bedroom off just right with fences/pillars to keep that nosey goldilocks out :unamused: And the porch is a great space to spot roving Prince Charmings ready to be press ganged into a happy ever after >:) All in all a perfect start to any sim's Once upon a time

P.S Does the house come equipped with all-singing all-housework doing wildlife? o:) Because there's no way this princess is cleaning that chimney :*
  • Options
    MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    Standard Entry Form:

Creator’s Username: Merelhyn
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site my wishlist
    Item Title: Honeycomb Lunar
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item @Jude525 1. (small house 1 bedroom for Lunar Lakes)
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: ModTheSims
    Description: Modular houses are in this season! 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 study (with games and guitar), 1 very small kitchen area, dining area, living-room area, outdoor living (with easel and chess), garden (with hot tub) and all that in honeycomb shape. Oh, and it's friendly for a cat.
    Details: Some store content used from Futureshock, but mostly Into the Future.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No CC
    Do you have CC in your game folder? I have a mod for moving mirrors.
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared: More pictures on the ModTheSims thread, but some here:

MTS_Merelhyn-1748272-Screenshot-34.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1748276-Screenshot-32.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1748274-Screenshot-36.jpg

• Options
    @Merelhyn Really love what you've done there and all without the LL items! Love the colors too, the white with hints of green and aqua. Great job.
  • Options
    EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    @KiearaPhoenix super cute!

@Merelhyn super cool!

i am so good with words
  • Options
    I did a good job on my contemporary Japanese house today. I started it for @creativity_rulez but then I re-read their wishlist and it seems it's either starters or mansions, not in-between.

It has 4 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom and a garage so it could work for @Pinkiesweets4 (number 4) but it has no zebra pattern anywhere and I used the Loft SP which is not explicitly listed as owned. So probably it will end up for @AlphaFen : contemporary but not edgy, you won't cut yourself on it, I promise.
  • Options
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    I did a good job on my contemporary Japanese house today. I started it for @creativity_rulez but then I re-read their wishlist and it seems it's either starters or mansions, not in-between.

It has 4 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom and a garage so it could work for @Pinkiesweets4 (number 4) but it has no zebra pattern anywhere and I used the Loft SP which is not explicitly listed as owned. So probably it will end up for @AlphaFen : contemporary but not edgy, you won't cut yourself on it, I promise.

It's always good to go over a new build with a fresh piece of sandpaper for that final touch. :D
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Merelhyn I'm gonna have to fish MTS for some more lots. See what people are posting over there. And check out how to post some of my builds. My ego can always use some more stroking. *evil grin*
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    I love ModTheSims. As I'm nearly exclusively a builder (except when I need a Sim to make a painting/sculpture/other for me) I download few things. But I found marvellous mods on MTS (the one I use for moving mirrors) and I like just looking at the builds to have ideas.

When you are new on posting, you have to wait for a moderator to look after your proposal, which can take a few days. But it ensures the general quality of the site, so that's great.
  • Options
    @Merelhyn That sounds like exactly what I need in my game. Look forward to seeing it.
  • Options
    @Merelhyn That is LOVELY!!
  • Options
    Right? I was browsing on the website (I like to look at houses), found this one and absolutely had to make it my game. I need to finish three bathrooms, the laundry room, the gym and the ground floor corridor. Everything else should be finished, though I'll have to verify. I'm proud of how I added a garage, a Japanese garden, a swimming pool a hot tub and a play area around the house too.

I started it weeks ago, had some troubles with CFE, and started working on something else. And today I felt inspired to come back to it and I have so many new objects (thanks to @creativity_rulez and yourself @ZeeGee) that suddenly I was like "oooohh, I know what could work here!".
  • Options
    @Merelhyn So much respect for builders like you who can turn real life into sims builds! I've tried but get frustrated cause I don't have the items to make it like I want. The one thing I really would like from Sims 4 is the ability to make those higher walls! (Not played it but I've heard you can do that). Anyway, you're welcome! Looking forward to seeing how you accomplish it.
  • Options
    You can make higher walls in the Sims 3 using CFE @ZeeGee, but the trick is you have to place all things on the wall you want to have on the hight part (paintings, lamps) before using CFE because you won't be able to move them up after. It's tricky, but doable.
  • Options
    @Merelhyn Yeah, I have tried CFE but I end up with things in an awful mess usually. It's a really good tool for those with the patience to get good at it though.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    There is another way to build tall walls without CFE that I saw when putzing around last month. Now I just have to remember what it was called and where I saw it. I think I saw it in a tutorial on how to manage elevators with a basement, so let me do a search and get back to you. I remember it being amazing versatile, although I don't remember seeing anything about placing items on the walls once they are placed.

EDIT: FRIEZES It's a built in way of using foundations on top of an existing wall, instead of under. I was reading about them here. I haven't tried playing with them yet.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jude525 Was it where you put the friezes on top to extend the wall? That looks good from the outside but from the inside I couldn't get it to show the ceiling. It did that 'show the outside' thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    LOL, as I was updating my post.....

I rarely look at my stuff from the ceiling perspective, so not sure it would stop me, but good to know. Especially if it's something I'll be creating for someone else.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top