Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Jude525 I do OTS, I just listed the items that I won't uninstall, that will remain no matter what, LOL. The fence is good, I can just DL that and it won't be a problem. The rooms look roomy! Nice house you built, and it is special because it was a recreation to your house growing up! I couldn't help but laugh about the kitchen table :D There was five of us kids, but I can't imagine 9, wow, that is amazing and wonderful!

I am glad you enjoyed making your house growing up, and now you are living there! Oh, the memories! My Dad passed away almost 4 years ago, and we just lost his house to the county (long story but 3 brothers wiped everything out after he passed and because my baby brother and I wouldn't agree with them for what they did, the county took it over). I was happy about that because my eldest brother felt he deserved it all and its a long story, but I doubt mom and dad will ever RIP for what those 3 did. I will never forget or forgive them and no longer claim them as family. I still have my memories of my childhood and my wonderful parents. I did try making my parents home years and years ago with the help of my kids. It is a lot of fun and I might even try it again <3

I look forward to moving my Sim in your house and thank you from the bottom of my heart for building this for me! It means the world to me to have such wonderful cyber friends on here <3

ETA: plum equals c.y b.e r Really? couldn't use that word? ROFL
  • Options
    @ninaumi I have been having a blast playing in your house. I had to turn the stairs one time so my sim could get upstairs, but no big deal there!
    I moved Purple Passion in there. She loves purple and when I saw the dining room, well, loved the colors! She is a musician so the living room is her place to play her guitar. Plenty of space there so she doesn't have to go outside!

The pond is perfect and she loves to ice skate on it (so does the paparazzi) :D I realized you had put a burglar alarm in, nice touch! I always forget it till I get robbed! :p I had pics but they are not in my screenshots??? I have one good one but Tinypic won't work and show it. What is wrong with posting pics now, geezzzzz!!!

Thank you so much, again, for the lovely house! I am loving it and having a great time playing in Sunset Valley!

• Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited August 2017
    @charlotteprice, you mention that you always buy your Sims the MultiTab; so do I. Listening to those tabcasts all the time really speeds up learning those basic skills. Especially once I discovered that you can start a tabcast just before they leave for work. And if they listen to a cooking tabcast as they prepare a meal or watch cooking cable then it's like the yellow helmet thingy we used to have back in the original game that let your Sims learn at twice the rate.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    @Jude525 I can't find you on the store site (don't think we are friends) and can't find the house in the exchange. Is it ready now? No rush, just wondering!

When I clicked on the link on the other page, it takes me to a different site (not the exchange) but doesn't show a picture of the house. Am I suppose to DL from there?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @charlotteprice I'm sorry, my store ID is JoeJude16. I couldn't get them to change my ID there when I updated it here. I think you've since found me because I now have a friend request from you (Accepted!) And my studio is here.

But I haven't been able to get it to load to the Exchange so it is on SimFileShare here. Of course the advantage to using the Exchange is that it will warn you of any incompatibilities. So I am going to try again to get it to load. Either way, let me know if there are any that you need fixed.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    I don't know what is wrong. I was able to upload a different property to my Studio with no difficulty, but the house just keeps getting lost in translation. Don't know what I'm doing differently. :/
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    1. http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:48608&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    2. http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:56503&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    3. http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72888&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    4. http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:23059&categoryId=&back=categoryPage
    5. http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:68100&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

This is my wishlist :)
  • Options
    XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    Whoops this was meant for another thread
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited August 2017
    XxIesjuh wrote: »
    This is my wishlist :)

Hi, this thread is for creation wishlists. You can post something that you would like to be created, or you can create something that someone else has asked for. That is the two ways to participate in this thread. :)

• Options
    larrylove12larrylove12 Posts: 499 Member
    edited August 2017
    Ignore
    tumblr_ogtd5r3cOT1s3ulybo1_400.gif
  • Options
    So, following @ajaxpost's suggestion I've started a thread over in the Builders forum in the Creative Corner. So if anyone wants to take a look I'm over here.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jude525 I see some are having problems with the exchange, so I went ahead and dl'd it from your SimFileShare. It went to my downloads so I will be going in the game soon and will hopefully figure out how to get it installed, LOL.

I am having a blast with @ninaumi house, so of course I am excited to try your build out <3
  • Options
    Yeah, it's the weirdest thing. The only lot I can't upload is my real house! All my imaginary stuff is fine.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jude525 I dl'd the house and it works great! I made a couple with two kids (a boy and a girl) and played them a long time. They eventually had another Daughter. It was a handful though :D I didn't send any to boarding school either. I toughed it out :D

My Momma Cook had the handiness skill up, so she started making the bathrooms "unbreakable", after all, the bathrooms got a lot of use! I ended up putting an "all in one" in the garage, along with a washer and dryer (those darn neat sims and athletic sims want one so bad). I stuck a crib in the parents room and put an extra bed in the daughters room so when the toddler grew up she would have her own bed. I had the oldest daughter marry Sam Sekemoto (spelling?) and move in with them. All the kids looked like their dad (dark hair, dark skinned) and I really wanted one to look like the mother (light skinned with red hair). Guess what, the granddaughter looks like her <3 The eldest son is engaged to Darlene Bunch (or Lisa, can't remember, but she is the good one, LOL). I want them to marry and stay at the house so the grandparents can enjoy their baby.

I am having so much fun playing my game. Error trap and overwatch is working great! Glad @ZeeGee helped me with the mods.

Love the house <3 I love getting gifts like this, you and @ninaumi ROCK <3<3
  • Options
    @charlotteprice Thank you so much for sharing how my house was involved in your gameplay! It was such a pleasant surprise. When I was still in a crib I was in the "girls" room. Not sure why, since there were 3 girls and only 2 boys at the time. Maybe because one of the boys was the next youngest at only 2 years older than me. Shortly after the den became my sister's room. The oldest one living at home at the time. By that time my oldest brother was in the Navy and my oldest sister was married.

I am now very sorry that you have version 1.0 of the house. At some point I plan to rebuild it with the basement in place, which is where the laundry belongs. Along with any play area that extends beyond the kids' bedrooms. Unfortunately, I got too far into the build before I realized that I would have trouble placing the basement stairs. Although I suppose an outdoor entrance could partially solve that. Even if there is now way in the game to build the bulkhead style entrance we have. But maybe a ladder instead of a stairwell??? Hmmmm. It would preserve the footprint of the original.

Anyway, thanks for the narrative. I am also impressed at how quickly your family has progressed since I have been playing the same family since February and they are still on the first set of grand-children.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Jude525 - did you try saving the lot to the bin with a different name and then sharing that lot from the bin? Sometimes we don't know what sticks with a house, but it usually unsticks with replacement. Otherwise, it could be one of the unique patterns that comes with the tiki or ultra lounge sets or the variegated vase.

Also, moving out the screenshots (and downloads) folder(s) helps with getting things to upload as it limits what is in the launcher.
  • Options
    @ciane Thanks for that. I have tried changing the lot name and description. I always clean out my folders as soon as any uploads/downloads are complete. Otherwise it is just too much chaos. I'm pretty sure I haven't used any items from your list. But, I may try removing the furniture anyway. Or at least the clutter that is in the attic, since that has quite a few store and EP/SP items. I did have the same problem with some other lots, but they have all since been successfully uploaded without being edited.

(EDIT: Hmmm, or were they? Come to think of it, when I went into all my lots to take pics for my posts over on my build thread I noticed a lot of little details that I wanted changed. So maybe those properties did end up edited and that is why they then worked.)

But I haven't tried to upload the house since the maintenance the other day. I keep getting side tracked. Maybe it has resolved itself somehow. Otherwise, I may just push the rebuild that repairs the basement up on my list. This will create a whole new lot completely unique from the original. Even if I furnish it, the odds are that I will choose different furniture, since it was mostly chosen at random.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @charlotteprice You sound like you're really enjoying your gifts, yaaay!!

TWO WEEKS until the prize is drawn!!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Jude525 After the last comment, I went in the game and made a "inappropriate" sim who ended up with a child by Father Bowling (the head of the household and CEO of your house). I knocked his faithful thing out of the waters :o He came home from the hospital with them and walked to the crib but didn't even pick up little Ricky ( I think that is what I named him). Then when they were at the theatre, Dad was down by the store sitting on the ground with his laptop. I had little Ricky walk over to him (he was a toddler).....right next to him......Dad stood up, looked around (seemed to me he was looking to see if anyone was watching) and drove away. So Ricky grew to a child and never spoke to him. The Dad is an elder in my game now. I have not been back to him yet because I made another sim lady who hates children and has commitment issues (I am trying to experiment with traits I normally never use) and sent her to college. She has two degrees now (Fine Arts and Physical degrees). When she came back the last time, she read the paper and found out my Purple Passion died :o My first Sim I made for this game (3rd time in this world). That means the others will start dying now. All the main characters are about gone anyway, so it is interesting. Error trap and Overwatch is working great as I have had no problems <3

I did put the Sandy Springs? Resort from IP in SV. I removed the 60x60 lot and replaced it with 64x64. First visit (by little Ricky and his mom) stirred up a meteor and poor Frio died :DB)
    [img][/img]zlepet.jpg/spoiler]
    Edit to put pic in as spoiler :D
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Wow, how time flies!!! The drawing will be here before we know it ;)

I am really enjoying my gifts, I love them <3
  • Options
    Wow, I have NEVER had a meteor in any of my games!
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @charlotteprice That is so Cool! I've never seen a meteor strike. Which Frio died? Because if it's Jared I don't care. But if it's Connor I'm going to cry :wink:

@Jude525 I've never seen one either in Game! Just pics
  • Options
    funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi guys, Here is a house I built for the gift of creation game. :)

Creator’s Username: funkeeferret

Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=funkeeferret

Item Title: Hickory House

Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: charlotteprice as per request: house on 30 x 30 lot with 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms.

Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9131087 (unfurnished)
    I also made a furnished version on the Exchange. You can find it in my studio.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9131087

Description: Hickory House is a two story house

Details: Living room, office, skill room, large eat in kitchen, deck, 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths. This house has plenty of room to furnish to give it your own personal touch.

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No CC used. I tried to keep items limited to base game only. I hope I entered correctly. If not, let me know. :-)

Thanks for looking!!!
    I tried to edit my post so the links will show up and they still won't. Oh well.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/ntFJBcV.jpg[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/d664ugD.jpg[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/WfX3uti.jpg[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/Lkbv9CJ.jpg[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/iqnJlSz.jpg[/img]
    Post edited by funkeeferret on
  • Options
    @funkeeferret Hi! Wow, charlotteprice hit the jackpot this month! Three builds just for her! Thanks for entering and the house is lovely. :)
  • Options
    @funkeeferret, Very nice. It is a very interesting shape. It reminds me of back in Sims 2 when how much a Sim liked a room could be effected by things like having walls at odd angles. And lots of them! It was an inexpensive way to improve the "quality" of a room.

And I like your use of arches in lieu of doors between rooms. That's always a favorite of mine as well. Well done.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top