Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    Oh that's great @Jude525 ! I loooove CFE but it can be so hard to use sometimes. I'm happy you managed to do what you wanted.
    @KiearaPhoenix wow! You did great! I like the details on the cushions in the living-room, to make it more lively while still keeping the same furniture. And thank you for the links, too! I don't know the Netflix show but this house is beautiful and I'm always happy to discover beautiful houses.
    edited January 2018
    Sorry for the triple posts, but I think I can post pictures now! So here a picture of my big house! I uploaded it on MTS and someone spotted I missed wallpapering one chimney (><). Does an MTS link work for this thread?

MTS_Merelhyn-1739882-Screenshot-42.jpg

And another of my swimming-pool in a lake:
    MTS_Merelhyn-1739888-Screenshot-48.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @KiearaPhoenix What a lovely house! You did a great job recreating that build. Beautiful! I'd love to see pics of the bedrooms. The first CC question is did you use any CC in your build. The second question 'do you have CC in your game folder' means do you have any CC at all in your mods folder that is available for use? There are some borked CC items that will attach themselves to anything you upload whether or not you actually used them in your build. That is why this question is asked!

@Jude525 Congrats on finding a proper tutorial and learning a new trick!
    @Merelhyn Gorgeous! Yes, MTS links work here. Congrats on making member!
    Then on to my entry!

Creator’s Username: Merelhyn
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: Merelhyn's Wishlist
    Item Title: Newport Elegance
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: @creativity_rulez 2b (mansion 64x64)
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: ModTheSims link
    Description: Enormous mansion.
    Exterior: Perfect garden with money trees (all fruits and vegetables from base game), play area for children, fire pit, activities and statues everywhere, swimming pool in a lake! with jacuzzi, of course. Two garages and exterior parking places.
    first floor:Exterior living room with chimney, formal living room, library (with additional books and recipes), study, grand staircase, formal dinning room, butler pantry, half-bath, enormous kitchen (including that lifetime reward for replicating meals), breakfast nook, big two-stories family room, mudroom and gym.
    second floor:grand staircase with balcony open to the family room, guest bedroom with chimney and attached bathroom, twin bedroom with chimney and attached bathroom, nursery with attached bathroom, master bedroom with chimney and study nook, master bath, laundry room, TV room, kitchenette, bathroom, game room, activity room
    third floor: child's room, hidden treasure room
    Details: I kept a blue theme for reception rooms, shifting to red/pink for more private/family rooms and green for service rooms. All of it is really liberally decorated by Sims-made paintings, gems, etc.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No CC but I used free content from the store.
    Do you have CC in your game folder? I have a mod to move mirrors up and down the wall but I custard-checked my upload before sending it to MTS so I know nothing is wonky!
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared: I have 74 pictures on ModTheSims. It's still not enough to show all details from such an enormous project, so feel free to ask me for more if you want to see something!

MTS_Merelhyn-1739894-Screenshot-54.jpg
    The formal living room with the dinning room in the mirror.
    @Merelhyn That is just beautiful and what a lot of work! Added to the entries and thanked and liked on MTS. :)
    @ZeeGee thank you! I'm glad I found this thread to motivate me to finish it. I quite literally started it years ago!
    I think I'll make another entry this month since I saw that @creativity_rulez not only want a mansion but also a houseboat! I love houseboats (when I can restrain myself in not doing any landscaping since the option is limited).
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @KiearaPhoenix I don't know the show, but that is a beautiful house.

@Merelhyn So that's what you meant by a pool in a lake! Very cool, and very nice build.

As for the house I'm working on, @KiearaPhoenix, the two "solutions" I'd previously seen were to get a buildable interior, but left a distinct gap between the building and the yard.

NUNNMYW.jpg?1

Or I could get the exterior I wanted with the ground smoothly going all the way up to the foundation and sloping down:

MyJVjmk.jpg?1

But the first tutorial I found for this left half the building unavailable for interior furnishings. Now I know how to combine the two techniques. I lose some interior space, but not all. I can install doors and windows on the ground level, as well as stairs.

3BZwv4g.jpg?1
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Jude525 I was once digging a lake around a house and when I saw how the ground deformed I was like… "could that work around a pool?!". I like the result.

I love houses in slopes! I will love to see your progress with it.
    Aand another one for @creativity_rulez !

Creator’s Username: Merelhyn
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: Merelhyn's Wishlist
    Item Title: Blue on the sea
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: @creativity_rulez 2c (houseboat)
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: ModTheSims link
    Description: Blue family houseboat
    Details: small houseboat,
    Exterior: fire pit, bench, chess,
    First floor: living-dinning-open kitchen, bathroom with laundry
    Second floor: child's room with desk, master bedroom fit for a baby, balcony
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No CC but I used free content from the store.
    Do you have CC in your game folder? I have a mod to move mirrors up and down the wall but I custard-checked my upload before sending it to MTS so I know nothing is wonky!
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared: I have pictures on ModTheSims.
    MTS_Merelhyn-1738941-Screenshot-5.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1740686-Screenshot.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1740685-Screenshot-2.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1738963-Screenshot-29.jpg
    MTS_Merelhyn-1738943-Screenshot-7.jpg
    @Merelhyn That's adorable.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    @Merelhyn omg both you're places are amazing! the house looks so fancy, and the houseboat it so cute! I'm totally going to download the houseboat!

@Merelhyn The houseboat is awesome! The colors and the shape are soooo amazing. :) Entry added.
    One detail that I love in my boathouse is the flooring. It's too small to support easily different kind of textures so everything is wood and just played with orientation. It still determines different spaces if you are observant :)
    @Merelhyn What I love is the character. I've never seen that much character in a houseboat! It's a combination beautiful cottage/houseboat!
    Since it's only the middle of the month, I'm tempted to do a starter. Do you think I could build one with luxury appliances (hunger, sleep, bath). I would have to seriously scale down the number of walls for it to work, I think…
    @Merelhyn I have a habit of designing master bedrooms with only half walls separating the sleeping area from the bathroom area. Are half walls cheaper than full? Using this approach you could theoretically build a house with only two rooms and have luxury level amenities. Hmmm, I suppose you could just go with a traditional studio apartment approach and just have the bathroom as the second room. But who wants traditional? *grin*

An example of what I'm describing is my Urban Escape house on the first page of my builds thread. Link in my siggy.

aka Jude

My Studio

• KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    edited January 2018
    Envyfan wrote: »
    @KiearaPhoenix ooh fancy! so cool!
    @Envyfan Thanks ^^
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    @KiearaPhoenix wow! You did great! I like the details on the cushions in the living-room, to make it more lively while still keeping the same furniture. And thank you for the links, too! I don't know the Netflix show but this house is beautiful and I'm always happy to discover beautiful houses.

@Merelhyn Oh the Netflix show is fantastic, it's on american netflix, not at all what I was expecting from a reality show, reminds more of a drama than a reality show now that I think about it. Your boathouse is amahaaazing so is your large mansion!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    The second question 'do you have CC in your game folder' means do you have any CC at all in your mods folder that is available for use? There are some borked CC items that will attach themselves to anything you upload whether or not you actually used them in your build.
    @ZeeGee Thank you and Wow I didn't know that. I am rather new to using CC, last year is when I started feeling comfortable enough to usethem in game even though I've been playing sims3 for years. >_>; I hope it didn't screw up the submission. How would you check/know?
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @KiearaPhoenix I don't know the show, but that is a beautiful house.
    As for the house I'm working on, @KiearaPhoenix, the two "solutions" I'd previously seen were to
    Or I could get the exterior I wanted with the ground smoothly going all the way up to the foundation and sloping down:
    But the first tutorial I found for this left half the building unavailable for interior furnishings. Now
    @Jude525 ; Thank you, and that actually is the exact same problem I had for the Terrace House submission, I spent more than half the time trying to do a slope/basement combo thingy, I'm so glad you posted the solution. Imma keep it in mind for the next time it comes up again.
    Working on two projects concurrently to submit, well one'll be a submission and the other is just a bonus. Atlantis Oceanic Palace, and a mini/ lesser stuff and packs used/ matching boathouse, Floating Atlantis Manor.

Preview of Atlantis Palace of some interior rooms.

Throne Room
    53fe19a2585cbf1e0c16b23f63fd5354.jpg

Queen/Ruler's Bedroom
    033d8323fed85806ed81ae41964bacb4.jpg

Exterior where you can see how the boathouse matches the theme
    a77bc4ae3d9c76f678d6abbc53e09d55.jpg

(ignore the sims, using them to test out the routing in the houses ^_^;)

Preview Atlantis Manor exterior.
    bb6e4ce3a05edbdeffcaa287908347a0.png

They both are mostly done just doing some finishing touches and testing any routing issues.

edited January 2018
    @ZeeGee Thank you and Wow I didn't know that. I am rather new to using CC, last year is when I started feeling comfortable enough to usethem in game even though I've been playing sims3 for years. >_>; I hope it didn't screw up the submission. How would you check/know?

It needs to be custard checked with a special app from MTS to make sure nothing rode along if you have CC in your game. I've been crazy busy lately but will do it when I get time or @Jude525 knows how so perhaps he will volunteer to do that for you? If not I can get it done tomorrow.

The Atlantis build is stunnnning!!!!
    @KiearaPhoenix and @ZeeGee I ran Terrace House through Custard and it is clean.

Also, @KiearaPhoenix, I don't know that I showed you the "how" of my solution. So let me know it you get stuck and I'll either find the YouTube vid or give you the details. The only problem with the vid is that the creator kind of skips over an explanation of how they use ConstrainFloorElevation, and I'd never used it before. In this past week though, I've been learning more about it. I also discovered friezes yesterday. I'm looking forward to playing with them.

My summer house is almost done. I need to bug my sisters for some details that I'm not remembering, otherwise it's in pretty good shape. Warning: it is chock full of custom content. It is the only way to get it accurate. I'm so excited to be this close to finishing it.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited January 2018
    Okay, @Kiearaphoenix and @creativity_rulez I checked out Terrace House. IT'S IN JAPANESE!!!! I often watch foreign films with subtitles, but they are just too fast for me on this show. After about 10 minutes my brain was exhausted! I like that it apparently is family friendly, unlike Big Brother, which panders to the lowest level of entertainment. I get this from the fact that there is a 12 yo on the panel, who watched the previous season with his mom. Anyway, it does look very interesting, I just can't keep up with the subtitles. And, yes, the house is beautiful.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Jude525 wrote: »
    @KiearaPhoenix and @ZeeGee I ran Terrace House through Custard and it is clean.

Thanks, Jude, looking forward to seeing your build
    @Jude525 I did a traditional studio with a clearly separated sleeping area. But then I tried to make some decent roof and I had to add columns to make it look relatively nice. And columns are expensive. It's still a good starter but I had to "cheat", I replaced the kitchen by the Into The Future all-in-one thing to eat. Right now I'm hesitating between "you can live in it but it would be so much better with this and this and this" and "it's a starter, duh, of course many things are lacking".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top