Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope Sims will be able to own laundromats and charge for using the machines

I don't think I had Sims in TS3 own a laundromat, but I do know that when my Sims had to wash there, they were charged. I hope we have the option of owning a laundromat and Sims will pay to use the machines. I didn't vote for laundry, but it was something I used all the time in TS3. I want my Sims on some George Jefferson type hustle, owning laundromats (or the cleaners) and movin' on up to the east side of San Myshuno.

@SimGuruGraham I hope this is a possibility for laundromats and the ability to own them.

Comments

• JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Won't be in this pack. This is a stuff pack. They won't be adding careers/businesses to own in a stuff pack.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Won't be in this pack. This is a stuff pack. They won't be adding careers/businesses to own in a stuff pack.

@JimG72 IDK if that will be included in a stuff pack. EA uploaded their bowling alley to the gallery, I hope they also upload a laundromat to the gallery and that Sims are able to buy it. If they do upload a lot for public use by Sims, they should be able to make it so that Sims have to pay for the services.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    The thing is that we don't have the 'pay for services' system in the game yet. I doubt they would add it in this pack.

The closest thing you could do is just make it a retail lot.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    It would be nice to have a laundry business and give our sims some passive income. o:)
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @DeKay That's good to know. I hope it becomes an option eventually.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I hope so as well @lasummerb just like they made medicine to be sold recently in stores that sims own.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I'm also hoping very strongly that this SP will include a laundromat lot type, even if our Sims can't be the owner. I never used laundry in TS3 on my private lots (I hated the dirty clothes everywhere), but I LOVED to go to the laundromat. The laundromat in the TS3 Townlife SP was one of my favorite lots ever. Please bring it back!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think you'll find that amount of additional gameplay would be outside the scope of a stuff pack. Nice idea tho!